The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:39 am

The rain fell so softly it barely made a sound, but the ringing in her ears never seemed to stifle, only grow dimmer. Her dress and hair grew steadily damp in the unrelenting weather, the white of her shirt became translucent, and far from washing away the dirt and grime, the rain seemed to make her soak it in.  

She staggered from the alley after what seemed like hours, though perhaps only minutes, and wrung her hands together, her eyes seeking danger. Her sore feet took her forward at an almost stumbling pace, and her mind never left that alley, for all she willed it to leave and never return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:07 pm

[OOC: ohmygosh, that pic ;3; so pretty<3]

Aw man, the teen thought to himself as he took in the bloody and quite messy scene, pouting a little to himself as his foot poked the unmoving body on the ground. I apparently missed the action... He sighed, jumping over the dead guy who's head had been blown off not to long ago, painting the already stained and filthy ground more red. He had been hoping to catch up with the drunk and sneak away with his money before the collector found him, but the moron had obviously spent the last he had on liquor instead and been killed by the man he owned it to for his idiocy.

He gave the corpse another kick, before finally turing away to leave. Just then he caught something, or someone stagger away around the corner. He glanced around the abandoned and dark alley with a blank look, before quietly following after whoever had been witness to the grime incident.

He watched the shaken girl for a moment she turned her head, looking for more danger and stumbling over herself. She must've been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but been lucky enough to not have been noticed. She was clearly without a home, the teen quickly concluded to himself after taking in her condition. Easy guess really, there was plenty of homeless in Attica city afterall. She was either very unlucky, or lucky to have been able to walk away unseen from what just happened.

"Rough night huh," he spoke up in a silky voice, having had nor problem in catchin up to her. He was smiling, one of his usual ones full with mischief and secrecy as he held out a hand for her. "You'll get used to those soon enough."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Lena started at the sound of someone speaking behind her, and whipped around, her hair taking it's time to follow suit. She could feel her breaths, her body movements, she felt hyper aware of herself and yet helpless to become placid. Her breath came in shallow bursts, half terrified as she surveyed the boy before her with suspicion. She raised one arm and held it across her chest, conflicted as to whether or not she should take the boys hand. "I'm sorry, do I know you?" she asked timidly,figuring that playing coy was her safest option. He had a devilish smile that both frightened and enticed her, but she was in no place yet to forget the ringing in her ears or the gunshot that had caused it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:29 pm

The boy's smile stayed unchanged and slowly lowered his hand back down to his side, neither offended or hurt. "Obviously, you don't," he chuckled, tilting his head slightly as he took her in closely. Her question was pretty much enough to answer his own question, she was new here. Another new, poor little lost lamb cast aside in underneath the cruel city lights. The fact that she couldn't even guess who he was, was proof enough. Not that everyone knew him of course, mostly homeless people were acquaintances to him due they're usefulness in gossips, while the middle class and of higher status were mostly wary of him.
"I take it you're new here," he continued casually, walking around her slowly until they were standing face to face, his smirk still intact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Her eyes followed him as he walked, her breath catching in her throat. She wished she knew how bad she looked. Then on second thought she really didn't. Her raised arm lowed to her side and she clenched the sides of her dress nervously."I..I suppose you could say that." She uttered, with a tilt of the head and a slight shrug.

His smirk was beginning to irritate her a little, she bit her bottom lip and tried to remember not to do anything stupid. Yet, standing face to face she was oddly aware of how close he was, and it troubled her in a way she could not quite pin point.

She took a slow step back, trying her best to smile and seem polite as she could. "I'm afraid perhaps I shouldn't talk to you." She said, with a hint of her brazen personality seeping through "You see my mother told me I shouldn't speak to strangers."

Now it was her turn to smirk, with all memory of what she had witnessed gone for the moment, replaced with a childlike wit and humor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 pm

He let out another chuckle again, locking his green eyes with hers for a moment. She didn't look that much older or younger than him, they were surely around the same age. Even if many still thought he was much younger, due to his small height and scrawny looking aspects.
Kids living on the streets never stood a big chance, he knew that from experience... he had just been lucky. A rare thing barely anyone in this town has.
"Well then," he said after a momen of just starring at her, smiling a little wider and looking more friendly than a couple seconds ago. He took a step back and bowed. "Welcome to Attica City, enjoy your stay~"
As he looked up, something dark seemed to glint in his eyes. "If you manage to survive that is," he smirked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:46 pm

They stood staring at each other for a moment, and something in that moment quietened her mind, like the calm that comes after the storm. But Lena was a storm in her own right, and once the noise inside her hushed, she was free to become her own noise. A noise that boiled up inside her without even knowing, boisterous and boastful and cocky in the naive way she was, all of that filled her again.

"Welcome to Attica City, enjoy your stay~" The boy said bowing."Yeah, it's been real grand so far." She muttered sarcastically. "If you manage to survive that is," he smirked. And like that, all her attempts to seem calm and neutral broke. "Will you stop that?!" She snapped, with a shake of her head and a stamp of her sore feet. "Everytime you look at me you get that same smirk, like you know something I don't, and you don't know nothing about me, you don't even know my name to be thinking yourself high and mighty." She crossed her arms with a pout and narrowed eyes, and the feeling of something dropping in the pit of her stomach, which she promptly ignored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:06 pm

The moment the girl's calm and neutral walls broke down, Loki had calmly straighten back up, not looking so much surprised as amused when his eyes widened slightly, the grin he had turning into a pleased and more playful one if possible. He leaned slightly backwards, holding up his hands in mock surrender as he let out a soft, boyish laugh. he had thought he spotted some attitude when she spoke before, a more brazen personality beneath those slightly lost and naive eyes. He decided he liked it, when she seemed to get pissed off with his annoying staring and knowing smirk. Even while most people saw him as nothing more than a pest, this little newbie had just caught his interest. Pretty little girls like her had the unfortunate luck on coming across juicy secrets and worthy gossip, whether they liked it or not. He had use of that.
"You right, I don't know your name, who yu are or where you came from" he smiled, lowering his arms. "But compared to you, I am in fact high and mighty," he added wickedly, taunting her as he took a step back towards her.
What a cute pout, he thought fondly to himself, she reminded him a little about Ariel. "You're smart about not wanting to trust strangers, but if you want to get anywhere in this place, you've got to take the risk once in a while," he spoke in more serious voice, again sounding more friendly, like he really wanted to help her out.
"Might as well start with me," he added, offering her his hand again for a handshake. "I'm Loki."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:12 am

(OOC: So sorry, every time I logged on yesterday something else came up Dx and it my mums birthday today so this may be my only post, unless I can decent signal on my mobile.)

She regarded Loki a moment with her eyebrow arched, then smiled sweetly and took his hand. "Lena Thumbe." She locked his gaze and instead of letting his hand go, she pulled it to her chest, moving them both close until they were toe to toe and held on. She placed her other hand nonchalontly on the top of her head, then levelly moved it forward until it hit his noes.

"Ah, only higher and mightier by a few inches then. " She chucked, winking at him and finally letting both her arms drop to the sides. "Stick me in some heels and you'll have some competition." She gave a wry grin, amused by her own cleverness, and waited for his retort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:01 am

[OOC: No worries, stuff happens<333 Very Happy As I mentioned before there's no rush, hope you have a nice day<333 :3 ]

He mimicked her sweet smile when she took his hand, and then almost stumbled over his own feet when she suddenly him forward until the stood toe to toe. At thi, he arched an eyebrow while he patiently waited for her to be done with whatever she was doing with a blank expression.
He blinked, growing slightly when she moved her hand done fro her head and hit his nose.
Was she actually...?
"Ah, only higher and mightier by a few inches then."
Yupp, she totally was, he finished his thought with a childish pout, rubbing his nose quickly the moment she dropped her arms back to her sides.
Apparently she was proud of her little reply, and she waited for him to retort, his amused smirk came back along with another chuckle. At least he wouldn't get that bored with her.
"Cute," he mocked lightly, moving his head and poked her nose, taking a step closer to her and bowing his head, barely leaving any room between their faces. "Though with those wobbly legs of yours, you wouldn't even be able to stand in heels~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 am

Lena arched her back, pressing her body into Loki's, and placed her fingertips delicately on his abdomen. "You'll just have to hold me up then." She said in a sultry voice, a mischievous glint in her eye. People were so painfully candid, it always came down to that basic instinct, the desire to feel skin against skin, hot and cold all at once in the dark. Not that Lena was any different, for all she liked to think she was.

She looked down at her feet a moment, and bit her lip, before looking back up at him from beneath her decadent lashes, a look of mock innocence graces her features. "Unless, of course" she simpered "You aren't up to the job"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:15 am

Loki would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised by this. He had honestly not been expecting for this girl to suddenly turn all seductive. Guess she wasn't as innocent as she appears to be, like many others he had encountered in this city. Maybe she'd fit right in afterall.
He didn't look much affected by her sudden advances though, just stood there all calm with a blank expression, neither making a move to step away or remove her wandering fingers. He enjoyed that mischievous glint in her eyes though, kinda reminded of himself actually.
And then he smiled again, returning the same look of mock innocence she was giving him. "I'm obviously not up for the task, since you look way heavier than me," he stated flatly, moving a hand towards her face and poking her nose again, and with that made her back of a little.
He chuckled at her while brushing of some dirt from his hoodie. "Where you actually hoping to achieve something with that, or was it just for fun?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 am

[OOC: :O he did not just call her fat xD Little demon, I'd like to teach him some manners Razz]

Lena pouted at him as he pulled away, crossing her arms. The rain had stopped a while ago by then, and Lena was surprised she hadn't really noticed. Her pale arms had become covered in goosebumps, and a chill in the night air made her shiver slightly. Moments seem to last forever, but the world is always still turning.

She chuckled when he said she looked heavy, with a mingled sense of disbelief, insult, and amusement. Few times in life had their been people she couldn't wrap around her finger, she wondered if maybe she had picked the wrong method, or like those others, she was the one being wrapped around him.

"Do I look like a girl who ever does anything if it isn't fun?" She asked, with a laugh in her voice and a smile curving her lips. She gathered up the skirt of her sopping dress and bunch it together near the top of her thigh, wringing out as much rainwater as she could so that it didn't stay to heavy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 am

[OOC: He lacks shame AND manners 8D It'd do him good if someone were to teach him.... if they could >83]

Loki just gave her another smirk, putting his hands inside his worm out jeans pockets. "You want an honest answer to that?" he asked in a teasing manner, titling his head again while she busied herself with wringing out rainwater from her dress. Oh yeah, it had stopped raining.
"For walking lousy, you sure seem to have nice legs," he said nonchalantly, as if talking about the nice weather they're having and pulled off his hood. "So what's your story anyway?" he asked, changing the subject like nothing. "How'd a flirty, naive girl like you end up on the streets?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 am

"For walking lousy, you sure seem to have nice legs," he said nonchalantly, and Lena paused for a second to raise an eyebrow, before letting go of her still damp but significantly less heavy skirts and allowed them to drape over her once more. "I have some advice for you." She said, smoothing the back of her skirt so that it didn't clean to her butt. "If some guy turns up and says he can take you away from your boring country hometown and light your name up in lights, don't. Because he will sleep with every floosey he can find, get drunk everynight, expect you do do his laundry and then laugh when he leaves you at the alter to pay for the pleasure of someone else's company."All of this came spilling out of her mouth in one aggressive bout.

The faint sound of sirens in the distance distracts her, her breathing quickens as she tried her best to smother the ringing in her head before it can arise, but her eyes flicker over Loki's shoulder and to the alley she feels sure they are heading toward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 am

Loki dropped his smirk when she surprisingly gave him an answer to his his question, and just stood there patiently and listened to her spill out her frustration quite aggressively. This girl was definitely more than just a pretty face.

He probably would have said something rude and hurtful when she finished speaking, but held his tongue when he heard the familiar sound of sirens not to far from where they were. He had caught her look over his shoulder, back towards the alley where a man had been killed not to long ago. Oh right, the almost forgot about that.
He moved his arm the moment she was distracted, and wordlessly began to walk when he took hold of her hand in his, giving it a gentle squeeze as they distanced himself further away from the gruesome scene and sirens.
"Well, at least you know what not do next time," he said in a light voice, referring to her little story she just shared with him and gave her another one of his typical, boyish grins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 am

"Kick 'em in the nuts?" She offered coquettishly, allowing him to lead her away. There was something in his face, hidden beneath the easy going grin, that made her wonder if he knew what those sirens were heading towards.

She was silent for a few minutes as they walked, trying her best not to think of corpses or her throbbing feet. Then she looked up at him, rather sheepishly. "Sorry about that." Her palm felt sweaty in his hand, but she squeezed a little tighter and did not stop walking. "I guess I kinda needed to yell about it, and you're the first person I've talked to since." She looked straight down at her feet then, a blush rising in her cheeks, she felt like such an idiot, spilling her guts to a stranger like that, she may as well tell him she'd just popped her murder witness cherry along with, or maybe that was more first date material, than first time meeting him ever material.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 pm

He laughed softly, liking her reply to his words very much. He didn't mind the silence that much either as they kept on walking, or when she squeezed his hand a little tighter. He understood how she may feel at this moment, watching someone get thier brain blown out was never a pretty sight after all. But he had to give her credit, she was handling it pretty well compared to most.

He looked back at her when she began speaking again, like before not interrupting and waited for her to finish. He smiled at the small blush on her cheeks, once again thinking cute was good word to describe her with.
"I'd rather you yell at me then ignore me," he said mildly, his soft smile not dropping. "And now that you got that out of the way, I bet you're feeling slihgtly better," he added, turning his face forward again. "So, you still not gonna tell me your name? It's really no must, I'll just come up with something myself if you don't tell me after all~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 pm

(OOC: She's actively repressing it, Razz don't worry there are a lot of night terrors coming.)

Lena gave him a wry grin and bumped his shoulder with her own, never letting go of his hand. "It depends on what you'd call me." She said with a giggle. Somewhere in the distance the sirens stopped, and Lena wondered if they had arrived where they meant to be, or if she and Loki had just walked far enough that they couldn't hear them anymore. Maybe if they kept walking, they'd go far enough that they couldn't hear anything anymore, not the buzz of the city, the distant sound of cars, the laughter of those out a little too late, not the ringing in her ears that seemed to want to keep returning. She ignored it, she powered through. There were worse sounds to remember.

Within another side street, a cat jumped on top of a trash can, knocking its lid off. The metal collided with the ground with a crash and Lena yelped, letting go of Loki's hand and covering her ears, her eyes screwed shut, her shoulders scrunched down, bringing her in on herself. It rang, through her ears, in her chest, her head, her limbs seemed to resonate with it and for that moment she couldn't trust herself to move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:16 pm

(OOC: awww poor little thing -huggles her- )

He just gave her another teasing grin, giving her a look over before starting to come up with things to call her. Giving people nicknames was one of his speciality after all~
He gave the cat that had knocked of trash can lid of, not having reacted at the sudden noise. He stopped however, when heard the girl at his side yelp and let go of his hand. At first, he simply just stood there, staring wordlessly at her small form as she closed in on herself, trying to keep the noise out of her head.
After a moment passed like that, with neither of them moving, Loki let out heavy sigh as he took the few steps he needed to reach her. He didn't need to ask to know or understand really. He had been in situations like this more than enough to get it.
Slowly, he took hold of her hands and removed them for her ears, and gently pulled her towards him to wrap his arms around her in a comforting manner. He didn't bother saying anything, because honestly, what could he say? That it was alright? Everything would turn out fine? Many may call him a 'liar',but Loki had never been a big fan of empty words and false promises when it was obvious things weren't ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm

The feeling of Loki's hands on her's woke her slightly and she blinked her teary eye at him. As he lowered her arms it was as though she had been holding the sound in instead of keeping it out. He wrapped his arms around her and she burried her head in his chest with a muffled sob, clinging to his hoodie. He didn't say anything, and he didn't need to, all she needed was to be held, and she focused on breathing. In. Out. In, out. Deep rhythmic breaths to calm herself. He smelled of, oddly, peppermint and wet earth, it was soothing, and safe.

After a few minutes she pulled away from, wiping her eyes. "How silly of me, I thought.. I thought I heard..." She blinked the remains of tears away and looked at him with a halfsmile. "I suppose I must seem quite stupid."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 pm

He still kept quiet when she pulled away, which was very odd many would say about him. If Milo for example would turned up and see how quiet and calm he was being, he'd rather starts scolding him for thinking he was planning something terrible, or think he was ill.
He was smiling again softly, not that boyish grin or mischievous one, but just giving her a genuine and calm smile. He chuckled under his breathe as he pulled something out from his jeans pockets. "Nope," he snickered, giving her a tissue. But there was no malice in his voice, or hint of cruelty. There was really nothing stupid with any of this, or her current situation. It was just sad, really. And unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Lena gave him an appreciative nod as she took his hankercheif and wiped her cheeks, feeling thankful that her nose hadn't run and become a snotty mess. She sniffed and looked at the hankercheif in her hand a moment before blinking up at him smiling. "How about I keep hold of this" she said, biting her lip a little "and if you wanna come find me again, you've got a reason. " she looked down at the hankercheif again, turning it over and over as she started stumbling over her words. "Not that you would necessarily wanna come find me again or anything, or that you have to leave or anything, just that you probably have somewhere you need to be and if you wanted to come find me I'd be okay with that..if you wanted..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 am

A thoughtful look crossed his expression at her suggestion, looking down at her fingers when she started to fiddle with it. He wouldn't need such a thing as a reason to look her up again, she has already caught his interest after all, and that was more than enough for Loki to bother with someone. He felt himself smile again when she began to stumble over her words, enjoying that he got the fortune to see all this different sides of her already.

"Then I hope you'll be careful with it," he spoke up, interrupting her rambling softly. "A loved one gave me that handkerchief, so it's special," he didn't sound worried over it that much though, but he was being honest. With one of his rare kind smiles, he placed a hand on top of her head and patted her gently, before letting his finger trail down her face, stopping beneath her eye. "You'll see me again soon enough, that I can actually promise you," he almost whispered, wiping away a lone tear before he withdrew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]   

Back to top Go down

Out Of The Blue and The Dirt [Loki]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1