HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nothing to See here, really {Open}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:14 am

Milo uncrossed his arms to rub at his neck sheepishly, giving the other male an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that. Perhaps I still haven't gotten immune to other pointing out my switch to the Mafia." Darn it. Here he had been thinking earlier that it wouldn't have had bothered him. Milo seriously needed to work on that for sure.

"Well I rather not take my chances of being alone and injured as I head back to Korso's place. So I'll take your offer of walking me there." Milo responded, a bit discouraged about his wound leaving him open for any attacks on the streets. He didn't like being this vulnerable at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 am

Terry chuckled and nodded in understanding. "Going from 'Good cop' to 'Bounty Hunter' and people's assumptions with that still rankles. Don't worry about it" It was still annoying, but he'd let it slide. He had a feeling they both were working on not letting their current roles bother them.

Terry nodded. "Understandable. If you don't mind leading, I'll make sure you get there safely" He couldn't help a slight smirk though, as someone who was capable of taking out two people most likely twice his size having to ask to be walked with and protected couldn't be doing this with any small hit to their pride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:12 am

Milo flinched slightly at the male's last comment, scoffing slightly at this. Perhaps taking the other male's offer was a bit too much. His pride was a bit damaged by him taking such an offer. Through what all he went through today, Milo actually needed someone to protect him still. It really did deflate his pride a bit. But it was too late to refuse the offer now. It wouldn't seem right to do so.

"I think we'll be fine," Milo remarked, raising an eyebrow at the other's small smirk before setting off in the direction of the Moriarti den. At least he wasn't lost anymore. Terry had actually pulled him into a familiar alley way that Milo knew of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:21 am

Whoops, he seemed to have offended Milo. This bothered him a little but he shrugged it off. Perhaps this had been a bigger hit to Milo's pride than Terry had anticipated. He didn't really know what to say to make the other guy feel better though, so he just left it.

"You never know" Terry had lost too many people to not be paranoid about danger. At least Milo seemed to know where he was going, and Terry followed, keeping an eye on their surroundings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:44 am

Milo glanced over his shoulder at the male, before returning his gaze straight in front of him. He thought of starting a small conversation with the male. A little bit curious to why his father had actually hired a bounty hunter. Did his father need more help outside of the police force with the gangs? It seemed possible due to the ruckus that he seemed to be causing among the gangs.

"So why did you decided to work for my father as a bounty hunter?" Milo asked in a curious tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:55 am

Terry shrugged at the question. "I worked for your dad on the force. Eventually...I didn't want to be a cop anymore, but I didn't want to stop doing the job. He somehow heard about it and gave me a third option I hadn't really considered" It wasn't really that much of a story to tell. There was of course the issue with losing his partner, and then his informant and girlfriend, but over all, it was a pretty simple story. Terry did want to ask a returning question of why Milo sided with the mafia, but wasn't sure if it'd be taken well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:27 am

Milo listened to the other male speak of his transition from police officer to a bounty hunter. His lips couldn't help but quirk slightly into a light amused grin. There must have been something special about the young bounty hunter that his father had been interested in. "My old man must have saw something in you that he liked then." he pointed out. He did kind of admire the male for being brave to help him out even though he didn't even know Milo.

He glanced behind his shoulder again at the male, asking "Got any questions for me? I'm all ears." Milo gave him a simple grin before refocusing on the pathway back to the Moriarti den.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Terry grinned slightly. "I have a feeling it was my fighting and detective skills" He wasn't bragging, it was just the most likely causes he could think of for Rourke to keep him on because he was impulsive, often rash, had a big mouth, and was often bad-tempered.

Terry paused and then sighed. "Guess all I'm curious about is why you left, but you don't have to tell me" Although he really, really wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Milo chuckled lightly, shrugging his shoulders a bit at the male's suggestion. "Well I think my dad got himself a good bounty hunter then." he complimented the male. Although he wondered if the male got on his father's nerves sometimes. It would be a bit funny if that was true. It would almost remind him of himself and Korso.

"It's just simple reasons really." Well at the first they were, but Milo wasn't sure if the rest was that simple for others. He sighed softly as he thought of the reasons before responding, "Pressured by expectations to follow in my father's footsteps. I though that joining the mafia would be a good choice to rebel, especially since the mafia admired my work for some reason. And the rest...well I had only attended for it to be a short rebellion but I guess I got too..." Milo paused for a moment as he thought of the word he wanted to say, before continuing, "...attached to some of the mafia members and way of life I guess." He felt more at home and with the mafia, he supposed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Terry smiled and looked down for a moment then. "Thanks" Well, if he had Rourke's son's vote of confidence, maybe this wasn't that bad a choice. Rourke seemed to like what he did, so...

Terry listened quietly, emphasizing with Milo's reasons. "My dad was a scientist, and a really good one to. He wanted me to follow in his footsteps and go into his field. I chose becoming a cop instead" Partly because of rebellion and partly because he wanted to. "I can understand" although their acts of rebellion had placed them on opposite sides of the playing field as it were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Milo blinked a bit in surprise to hear that Terry had went from being a scientist's son to a cop. He glanced over his shoulders at Terry. "A scientist? Guess you had more of a passion for the law instead of sciences?" Milo commented in a curious tone, wondering what his reason was for his choice of becoming a cop instead of a scientist.

"A bit ironic though that this both our choices got us both on the opposite sides, isn't it?" Milo chuckled a bit. It was slightly strange and remarkable at the same time too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Terry shrugged, hands in his pockets. "You could say that. I was more fascinated with cops and solving crimes and applying the science part of my mind to getting guilty people behind bars and trying to help the truly innocent ones than I was with test tubes and Bunsen burners and chemicals"

Terry laughed. "You know, I was just thinking that" It was a weird and funny turn of events, but also rather cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Milo slightly grinned at the male's comment "Lucky you. The only thing that I was ever really fascinated with were books." Milo remarked in a sheepish tone. Sure he had a goal to follow in his father's path, but he cared more with reading a book rather than trying to put a criminal behind bars. Although his knowledge from reading so much gave arise to his negotiating ability. Also, perhaps that was another reason to why he joined the mafia? It seemed to contain more adventure than the police side in his eyes.

His grin brightened at the male having the same idea about his earlier comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:49 pm

"Books are good" He preferred movies though, with lots and lots of action. He really liked Milo's grins and smiles, he decided. If they ran into each other again, he'd have to focus on making him smile again. "So we close yet? Don't get me wrong, you're not a bad conversationalist, but I was actually on my way to dinner when you knocked me over..." Not really, but now that he thought about it, he was hungry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:00 am

Milo refocused back on the pathway, seeing that they were getting close to the Moriarti den. "Well we're close, so I guess our conversation comes to an end here." Milo turned to glance at the male. "I think I'll be alright with the rest of the way there. You better go and eat before some of the good diners close. Just don't run into more trouble," Milo commented in a teasing tone.

"Also thanks again."
Milo thanked, nodding his head to Terry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:09 am

He nodded, not bothered at all that he didn't get to see exactly where Milo worked or stayed at. "If you're sure, I'm not arguing" He chuckled. "Yea, I'm going to" He snorted. "That trouble I made myself, no running required" He was grinning though and raised a hand in farewell as he began walking back the way he'd come.

"Don't mention it. Later Milo"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   

Back to top Go down

Nothing to See here, really {Open}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2