HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nothing to See here, really {Open}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 pm

It really did feel good to let loose on some poor sap who'd crossed Rourke, it really did. But, his job for tonight was just to bring a warning to the idiot. So, one last kick to the whimpering man's ribs and Terry backed off, cracking his knuckles. "If you break the rules one more time, Rourke says he'll pay some good money to see you taking a dirt nap" Terry told him tonelessly, and the man sobbed. Terry shrugged and took a picture of the pathetic guy on his phone to show proof later he'd done his job before turning away and shoving his hands deep into his pockets. The cops would probably come soon, so Terry didn't want to be there when they showed up.

The bounty hunter was lost in thought a few minutes later, wandering down some alleyways and kicking cans. He was wondering where he should go for dinner, and if he had enough money for Gomorrah, or if he should stop by Esmeralda's work and chat if she had time. So much to ponder, so little time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Milo leaned against the one of the walls in another alleyway, gripping his side tightly in pain. He could feel the blood seeping out of his wound, cringing a bit at this. At least it wasn't a deep wound though. His eyes traveled over to the now dead male laying on the ground a few feet away from him, while the other was barely alive. The dead one had been shot straight in the head, while the other was dying of blood loss from two bullet wounds in his neck.

How had he not known that those two guards were actually go to ambush him! Just because they were  let go as guards by Korso. He thought that Korso had lied about letting the two guards go when he spotted them following him as usual. But he knew something was up, although it had been too late to respond to the ambush. If it hadn't been for one of the males for jumping him by surprise and slashing him in the side. Milo could've had both males on the ground dead with a bullet in their head. But he just had to had his guard down for a split moment! "Dammit!" he cursed under his breath as he put his gun away.

Then gritted his teeth  in annoyance as he heard the sounds of police sirens. "F-Fuck!" Today was just not his day! He darted throughout the alley ways, still holding his side in pain as he looked the right way that'd lead him to Korso's place. It was becoming hard for Milo, since he wasn't that used to the Alley area and his glasses had been cracked during the fight with those two ex-guards. He continued to make his way through the alleyways, glancing behind him with worrisome eyes. Due to him not checking where he was going, Milo crashed into Terry, who'd been wandering around the Alley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:18 am

Terry shouted as he was knocked off his feet by a very skinny frame. He cursed and sat up, holding the other body. There was something wet and sticky under his hand and he knew it was blood. He frowned at the other guy, something trying to click in his head as he saw him, but the guy was too beaten up for it to really resonate with Terry as to who he was. "Are you okay?" He knew for sure this kid wasn't on his hit list, so he could afford to have some compassion. He helped Milo up and looked at his disheveled appearance. "Is anybody after you?" Valid question, Terry didn't want to try and defend what looked like deadweight at the moment, the sirens were getting closer.

Terry cursed softly and grabbed Milo's hand, yanking him down a side alley. It'd be better if neither of them were near Terry's crime scene, and if the guys were still looking for his companion, well it'd be better if they just straight up disappeared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:55 am

Milo hissed out in pain as he ended up on the ground with the other male that he had crashed into. "Are you seriously kidding me?!" he muttered under his breath in irritation, glancing at the male who seemed to help him up. Milo glanced from the male down to his own bloody hand before back up to the male. "I'm just peachy," Milo sarcastically answer, still peeved off about the earlier incident and the pain he was feeling in his side

Before Milo could answer the other male's question, he turned his head quickly at the sounds of sirens getting closer to them. Just bloody perfect. Wouldn't his father be so pleased to see his son in the hospital then in bars, Milo thought to himself sardonically. That was until he felt the other man grab him by the hand and yanking him down a side alley. All of this running was really grating his nerves and increasing his blood loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:03 am

Terry raised an eyebrow at the frustrated yell. "What? Not having a good night, neither am I so shut it" He snorted at the sarcastic comment. "Ahaha, very funny. I was asking if the bleeding's bad enough for you to need being carried or not" Terry shot back, equally sarcastic. Evidentally though the guy could stand and walk, but it seemed a little taxing on him. Oh, well, there was nothing Terry could do.

When they were sufficiently away from the sirens for Terry's taste, he let go of Milo's hand and sighed. "Okay, pull up your shirt, let's see how bad your side is" He was quite willing to do it himself, and get a good look at the wound. When he was on the force he'd gotten pretty good at emergency patch-ups. "I don't think neither of us has all night, and personally I don't like seeing people bleed all over themselves in front of me" it brought up too many bad memories, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:32 am

Milo glared at the male, although at least he didn't run into some damn idiot or crack head. Things would've ended badly for him. So he bit back a snarky remark, staying silent once they were a good distance from the sounds of the sirens.

He quickly gave the other male a strange look, narrowing his eyes at the male. "It's not really a deep wound." Milo interjected quickly, not feeling comfortable about pulling his shirt up in front of a person. Even it was this kind of situation. It still felt strange. The tension in his body soon lessened at the male's other comment about not liking to see people bleed all over themselves in front of him. At least he knew the other male wasn't going to try and hurt him. It wouldn't hurt Milo for him to let someone help him out for once. So he then sighed out heavily as he slowly pulled his shirt up for the other male to see his wound. Milo was a bit relieved that he had placed his gun in his back holster rather than the front for the male to see it.

"Guess you might be the reason for the sirens?" Milo asked out, knowing that he could blame his sudden fear of being caught on this man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:56 am

Terry ignored the glare, it did nothing for their situation if he commented on it. He waited for the guy to get over his mistrust, not blaming him in the slightest. There were a whole lot of shady people around, it was for the best if people just didn't immediately trust each other. But, he seemed to realize it was in his best interest to let Terry take a look at his side and pulled his shirt up. Terry kneeled to get a better look at the wound. "It's shallow, yes, but it's really bleeding. I can patch it up pretty quickly though, just give me a minute"

Terry pulled some bandages out of hidden pockets in his jacket, a must in his current profession, and some antiseptic. He ripped a small piece off the bandage and used it to dab the antiseptic on. "Hold still, it's not going to hurt for very much longer" He muttered, before quickly wrapping the wound. Terry sat back on his heels and smiled up at Milo, relieved he'd stopped the bleeding. Nobody was dying in front of him tonight. He shrugged. "Possibly, I beat a guy within an inch of his life. Somebody might have called the police for him" He raised an eyebrow. "Although, the exact reason for you getting beaten up is a mystery. Did you give as good as you got? You might be the reason for the sirens as well" While Terry was most likely to blame, he was a little irate and felt like pushing the blame back onto the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 am

Milo glanced down at the male as he inspected the wound on Milo's side. "Well that would because of my running due to the sirens." Milo grumbled in irritation, this time not directing the comment at the other male. He cringed a bit, biting back a hiss of pain as the male dabbed some antiseptic onto the wound. It was a bit surprising to meet someone who had these materials with them, especially when something like this. "Neat jacket," Milo murmured as he tilted his head down at the male.

"Thanks for this," Milo remarked, pulling his shirt back down as he felt more at ease with the fact that the bleeding at stopped. He quirked an eyebrow as the male has admitted to beating a guy up to Milo. Well that sort of troublesome to know. What and who was this guy? Milo scoffed slightly at this, glancing away from the male. "Well lets see. One's dead on the ground, a bullet in his head. While the other has probably died from extreme blood loss from the neck?" Milo responded, shrugging his shoulders.

There was no look of remorse upon Milo's face for the dead males. But there was also happiness for their deaths. If he hadn't killed them both, the other would've killed him for sure. "So perhaps the gunshot sounds spooked someone and they called for the police. Who knows?" Milo commented as he fixed his clothes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 am

"You would have tried to kill me if I'd tried to pick you up and carried you" pointed out Terry flatly. "So running was really the only option" Terry chuckled and shrugged. "The whole inside is really one big pocket. Really, really useful. I got it from a friend, actually"

Terry nodded at the thanks and stood up, brushing off his knees and picking up his bandages and antiseptic and putting them back into his jacket. "Oh, no problem" He didn't react to Milo's calm explanation of what had happened to his attackers. Terry hadn't been bothered by that sort of thing since Dinah's death. "Maybe the one who bled out from the neck managed to call the cops before he died, or it was a combination of both of our activities that got somebody to actually pick up a phone and call the police" He shrugged and looked around.

"Well, you want to chance going back and seeing if the police are still there, or do you want to keep walking?" He might as well continue walking with the man to make sure he was okay. "My name's Terry, by the way. Terry McGinnis" He still couldn't place the other man and it was bugging him. Maybe if he got him to say his name it would jolt his memory or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am

"Probably." Milo remarked, shrugging his shoulders a bit. When the other male had suggested that the dying male had somehow called the police or something. But he really doubted that though. But he could believe about someone in the area calling the police on the account of the gunshots scaring them. But it didn't matter who had gotten the person to call the cops, although it did matter for them both to disappear quickly before the sirens had caught up with them.

Milo shook his head lightly at the other man's suggestion of Milo taking a chance and going to see if the police were at the scene. "I rather walk than do that." he responded with a light grimace at the other suggestion. He tilted his head slightly at the male, it seemed that he might know or heard of the male from somewhere. Terry McGinnis, It was awfully familiar to him, slightly worrying him to tell him or his name or not. But Milo decided to anyway. "Milo Thatch," he introduced himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Terry shrugged back. He'd seen a lot of weird stuff happen, so he was split on which idea he believed before. But, it did seem more likely that someone else had heard the gunshots or happened on either scene and called the police.

Terry chuckled. "Sounds fine to me. Although the area I was walking was the fastest way to where I wanted to go" which as of this moment was an area for food. Yes, he really, really wanted something to eat right now, but it would have to wait. When Milo introduced himself, Terry's eyes widened slightly and he nodded, giving a half-grin. "See, I knew I knew you! Rourke's black sheep. I work for your dad" He chuckled ruefully and ran a hand through his hair. "Man, I didn't think I'd ever run into you" because Milo, as the both the stories and Terry's own poking around revealed, was a criminal, and a high up in one of the gangs, though Terry couldn't remember if he'd ever found out who Milo worked for, exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Milo blinked in surprise as the man gave him a half-grin, pointing out that he knew Milo. His eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the nickname that had been given to him as he joined the mafia. "I haven't heard someone call me that in quite some time. I still have no like for it still." Milo grumbled lightly with a slight scowl. "Congratulations, you've met the black sheep and helped him," Milo added in a sarcastic, playful tone, showing his distaste for the nickname. He quirked at the fact that the male worked his father, tilting his head at the male with a curious gaze.

Now that he repeated the male's name in his head, Milo did recall hearing about some bounty hunter from the whispers in the clubs and from other gang members. A bounty hunter, they called him right? So his father had hired his own bounty hunter? Well that was new to Milo, although he had the feeling that his father wasn't always going to play by the police book. "Mind keeping this secret from him? I'm already going to have someone yelling at me for this." Milo sighed heavily in aggravation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Terry raised his hands, hearing the annoyance in Milo's voice. "Sorry, sorry. I tend to say the first thing that comes to my head when I'm surprised" Which had gotten him into plenty of fights over the years. "So you're the infamous Milo, huh? I have to say though, I don't regret helping out" Milo didn't really seem like a bad sort, just on edge and a little grumpy. Though it did make Terry wonder why he'd joined the mafia bosses against his own father. Rourke might be pissed off if he found out Terry had helped Milo, or people on the police force would at the very least, but if it wasn't for a job, Terry was still a pretty nice guy. More ruthless, but he still liked helping people out from time to time.

Terry shrugged. "Yea, no problem. I don't know if your dad or the force would take too kindly to me lending a hand, anyway" He regarded Milo with interest however, his mind wandering down interesting paths. This meant that Milo sort of owed him, right? And he might get into Milo's boss's good books with the rescue, which meant he could get closer to the mafia and possibly get more leads into Dinah's death. "You're going to be in trouble with your boss?" Milo didn't really seem to happy about the prospect and Terry shrugged. "Is getting whaled on bad enough for death with him, or is it going to bring up an awkward conversation you don't want?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Milo sighed heavily as he nodded his head in understanding at the male. "The infamous Milo who was expected to follow in his father's footsteps? Yes, yes I am." Milo remarked,being sarcastically playful at the beginning of his sentence. He wondered if any of the police were still giving his father a hard time about his son. Although he could see his father lashing out at them and putting them back into their place at the station. His father had that way with people, which sometimes Milo had admired.

"Well I thank you for helping me out. And don't worry about my father, he'd probably be pissed that I was stupid enough to get ambushed. Besides I guess in his mind, the only to harm me is him." Milo commented, shrugging his shoulders lightly. His father could've sent his men alot of times to capture Milo or attempted to come after him as well. But Lyle never did. There hadn't been a situation for the two to harm each other. Although if Milo tried to protect Korso from Lyle, then that's when his father would attempt to harm him. Since they were on the opposite sides.

"Although it's another matter with the force." Milo added, chuckling softly at knowing that he was a valuable asset to Korso's mob due to his position. The force wanted to use that to their advantage greatly if they could get their hands on him. Milo still wasn't sure to why his father hadn't thought much of that plan though. It was a mystery to him. "Well...we did have an argument a few days ago. I finally got him to get rid of my guards, although I didn't expect them to try and kill me for such a stupid reason. So Korso's pretty much going to be pissed with me, telling me that I do need guards and such..." Milo remarked, scowling slightly at the possibility of Korso telling him 'I told you so' talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Terry eyed him and shrugged. "Look, I don't really care. But it's what people tend to refer to you as behind Rourke's back, ya know? For the record, not getting along with your dad and wanting to go a different path makes sense to me" Terry's father had been a scientist and had wanted his son to also go into his field, but Terry had chosen the police force. "As long as I'm not paid to take you out or whatever, I don't really care what sort of beef you have with your dad"

Terry chuckled. Yes, this sounded like Rourke. He nodded at the explanation. "You could always argue that his guards were more of a danger than an asset, and by the sole fact that you're alive and they are not does lend itself to the argument you're better off alone, right? I mean, they were probably both twice your size, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Milo sighed heavily a bit in relief at the male's comment. "That's good to hear then. Well since you work for my father, then I expect that won't ever happen unless something happens," Milo remarked. He was sure that that would be in the late future. It might be even a bit sooner since of the alliance and his father bringing in alot of criminals.

He grinned a bit at the male's suggestion of what to use in his argument with his boss. "That was one of things that I was going to use in my defense." he commented in an amused tone. "Size doesn't matter much most of the time. You just got to be quick," Milo murmured, wrinkling his nose down at where his wound was. "Besides he's just rant at me and I'll just rant back. We butt heads quite alot, so the argument might not be new to me." It was true. Even though Milo was Korso's consigliere, they didn't agree much on stuff. But they did come to their custom agreements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:39 pm

"We can only hope" Muttered Terry, thinking about the war brewing and the tenseness of the situation. Also, if Milo had any connection to the death of Dinah, he was a dead man. But, there was only one way to find that out for sure, and that wasn't by asking him.

Terry chuckled. "Agreed. I might not be as thin as you, but I'm not exactly a football player type either you know? Being a faster draw or a faster punch is what gets you out of a fight alive" Terry smirked as he listened to Milo talk. It sounded like him and pretty much everyone. This was kind of funny. "So you don't get along. Why do you stick with him?" Milo was a little too important to simply be killed over leaving one mob boss for another, surely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:18 am

"The war is just going to get worse due to my father's relentlessness and the gangs wanting to be rid of him. It's getting hard enough from keeping the separate gang family members from killing each other." Milo grumbled under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck slightly.

When the male asked about why Milo stuck with Korso even though they butted heads so much. "The guy's not all that bad. Besides even though we argue alot, it's just mostly because we're both stubborn smart-asses." Milo chuckled slightly, giving the male a lopsided grin. Korso treated his mob members as family, especially the ones who were close to him such as Milo and Annie. And for some reason Milo felt more at ease with the Moriarti mob family rather than the police and his blood family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:30 am

Terry snorted. "Do you know how hard it is to be a good and fair cop in this city? I really admire your dad for sticking to his guns. However, I do concede your point. There's going to be a lot of bloodshed because everyone seems to be going for everyone else's throats" which was why he'd left the force and become a bounty hunter. It gave him more leeway to get things done and keep the peace. It also gave him more time to look for Dinah's killer.

Well, then. This kid had unconscious charm, there was no doubt about it. 'Adorable' would be one word, but as usual, Terry didn't feel anything much more than a need to protect and a weary certainty he was probably going to be forever alone. "Sounds like me and a guy I know. We're friends, but intense rivals. It's constant arguing with him" Terry chuckled. "So I suppose I understand where you're coming from"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 am

Milo raised an eyebrow at the male, shaking his head slightly at his first comment. "Of course, I've seen alot of the officers do stuff that they weren't supposed to do. I've seen my father struggle with staying good and fair, but he still falls for temptation," Milo sighed heavily, shifting onto his left foot a bit. If his father kept falling for temptation, everything was going to backfire on him sooner or later. Milo hoped that wouldn't happen soon yet.

Milo grinned a bit more at hearing the male compare him and his friend to Korso and Milo. "We fight but at least he knows that my advice works and helps out." Especially since Milo's negotiating had saved Korso and Annie from Whitmore's men that one time. "It's nice to meet someone who understands then." he remarked, nodding his head lightly. It was a bit hilarious to know that he was actually getting along with the bounty hunter that the gangs had whispered about. Although at the beginning of their meeting, it hadn't been like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Terry grinned slightly. "Most of them, but I didn't till I left the force. I was a good little police officer" He was rather proud of this fact. Having poured over the manual and rules hundreds of times, he'd known every loophole and rule and amendment. So while all of his actions had been legal by the rules, the rules had a lot of little openings to work to your advantage available. Terry shrugged at what Milo said about his dad. "He's only human, Milo. And he's probably more than a little pissed off" but, if things did start backfiring on Rourke, Terry would probably become freelance.

"Well, you got something on me and my friend. We never take each other's advice, even when we really should" Terry laughed and nodded. "Yea, I can agree" Funny how they'd gone from being tense around each other to talking more easily. It was more than a little ironic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Milo quirked an eyebrow at the male, amusement appeared in his eyes. "Oh? A good little police officer now a bounty hunter for the commissioner?" Milo teased, not caring if the male pointed out that Milo went to the mafia side. He was used to being pointed out from switching from the police side to the mafia side. So it wouldn't bother him much if Terry had commented about it.

"Well he needs to be careful. Just like he can't protect my ass from the police, I can't protect his from the mafia." Milo pointed out, shrugging his shoulders as he glanced away. Both Milo and Lyle knew that and nothing would change that fact unless Milo came back to his father's side. Which wasn't ever going to happen. He couldn't help as his lips quirked in a small smile at the male's comment about him and his friend. "One of you should finally give in and take some advice. Might help you if the advice is helpful." Milo interjected in a slight teasing tone. Perhaps the tension diminished after Milo had allowed Terry to patch him up, it seemed to be a possible reason for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Terry laughed and held up a finger. "I might point out that the good son of the commissioner switched sides, Mr. Thatch. But, a licensed bounty hunter is basically a police officer, a legal law-keeper allowed to do illegal things" He winked. "I know my way around the system"

Terry shrugged. "It's a give and take" Terry chuckled. "I'll listen to his advice when he admits I'm right!" Maybe the tension had diminished from Terry patching Milo's side up, as Milo had allowed Terry to get in close, chancing getting killed more easily. Trust exercises. "Is your side doing okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Milo huffed slightly, rolling his eyes at the male's comment. Well perhaps he still cared a bit when it was pointed out, Milo thought himself as his lips quirked into a small pout. "Che. I'm still a good person, just not a good son. Besides I'm usually negotiating peace between the gangs and providing deals...with the police." Milo remarked, crossing his arms over his chest.

He chuckled slightly at the other male's theory about listening to his friends advice if the friend admitted he was right. It seemed a bit twisted, that theory was. Milo glanced down at his side before looking up at the other male before nodding. "It's feeling better after you treated, thanks for asking." Milo answered, giving him a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:04 pm

"I never said you weren't good, but obviously most people don't see you that way" Terry commented, mildly defensive. He shrugged. "Well, it's good you still have good enough relations you can still do that, so no need to get defensive" Milo had poked fun at him first, after all.

Yes, Milo was very cute when he smiled and Terry glanced down at his side, glad to know Milo was no longer in so much pain. "Good. Well...I don't think anyone's following us, so if you want I can leave you here, or walk you to wherever you stay"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to See here, really {Open}   

Back to top Go down

Nothing to See here, really {Open}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next