The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Meg yawned, she was slightly tired from not having really slept the night before. She moved one hand over to take a sip from her now cold coffee, she made a face as she took a sip. She should probably get up and get another cup but she was deeply engrossed in her work and she was afraid that if she left she would forget something. Another yawn escaped and she covered it as best as she could, she had another three hours to go before she could go home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 pm

"When did you have your last break?" Cole walked towards Megs desk, smiling as she turned to face him. She really is a workaholic. He placed some greek salad and water he carried with him on the table in front of her and removed his hat from his head in a bowing gesture. "Your meal is served, my lady." Then he put his hat next to him on a free spot near by and got himself a chair he placed opposite to her. "So how was your week Meg?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Her smile widened as she heard that voice, "Oh Cole you really didn't have to do this." She said gently as she turned to look up at him. He really was kind, thinking of her like that "And you got me Greek Salad!" She said with surprise before she stood up and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. "You're too nice to me sometimes Cole." She said gently as she smiled at him tenderly. As he moved to sit next to her, she took the salad and the fork that had come with it before she sat back down. "My week was good, I was up late helping a friend move last night." She said with a tired smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 pm

He just couldn´t resist to let out a short laughter. "These sort of things are exactly the resons why it´s almost a duty to overload you with kindness. Do you still have much to do? You know i could try to talk to the comissioner to let you sleep a bit longer tomorrow." It wasn´t the first time he offered her to help her getting some time for her to relax but most time it was all the same. She just kept on going. In a way he really admired her for her passion fullfilling her job. But at the same time it made him worry a lot about her always having less time for herself due helping and working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:48 pm

She shook her head, "I'm fine Cole, I'll make sure to go to bed early as soon as I get home." She said as she gave him a warm smile.  She was touched by his offer though, it meant a lot to her that he would ask that for her.  "So how was your week?" She asked as she took a bite from her salad, it was perfect.  She made a happy noise before she kept eating, she hadn't had much to eat for breakfast and so this was pretty much the one thing she had had so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:06 pm

He leaned back in his chair. "As always. Lots of paper work, interrogations oh and i almost got a scratch when some criminal resisted to come with me to the office. I whish we would finally be able to get the real bad guys thrown in prison." He sighned. He hated it when all that he could do was getting rid of the little fishs knowing that it wouldn´t matter to the mobsters anyways since they would replace them immediately. "You know what? How about the two of us go out next friday and have some fun forgetting about work?" He leaned over towards Meg and gave her some charming smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 pm

She leaned over and patted him on the arm, "I know what you mean, I wish that everyday." She said honestly as se have him a sympathetic smile. Her eyes widened at his question, "Like on a date?" She asked after a beat, suddenly feeling extremely shy she hardly ever went out on dates. It was mostly because she filled up her hours with all kinds of work and she never really connected with men that she had gone on dates with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 pm

"I ... uhm ..." Just as the word date was spoken by her soft lips his cheeks turned a bit red because of blushing. "I actually meant it more like to good friends having a good time outside. You know, giggeling about all that ridiculous stuff we tend to blend out during 99% of the day." Actually he thought about asking her out for a date a lot of times. He liked Meg, even more as just a friend. Maybe you could even call it a crush. But his friendship with Meg was far to important for him than to risk to loose loose her as a friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Now it was her turn to blush, "Oh right yeah as friends, sorry but yeah that would be a lot of fun." She said gently as she tried not to look too embarrassed. She went back to eating as she tried not to feel too much like an idiot, of course he had meant as a friend. Putting her fork down, she glanced over at him "I'm sorry if I freaked you out by the way." She said after she had swallowed her food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Cole caughed, trying to get back his usual skin tone or at least having an excuse for the redish colour. "No harm done Meg. You know it takes far more to freak me out. I was just ... suprised by your suggestion." In order to get away from this awkward likely feeling he tried to joke. "Well if you want to have a date though we could look for some nice young gentleman for you. Just tell me where you want to start searching."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Her blush darkened at his suggestion, "Oh I'm not looking for a significant other at the moment but I appreciate the offer." She said, playfully nudging him with her elbow. "Besides who wants a workaholic for a girlfriend?' She added with a snort, she knew that was one reason why guys tended to overlook her. She would get distracted by all the cases she had to work on and then before she knew it the time had flown by and it would be time for her to leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 pm

He leaned towards her placing his hands on her shoulders and looked right into her eyes. "You know for every pot is a cap/top/lid out there and you´re simply one that boils most of the time for your job. Besides you´re a wonderful person. You´re kind and have a good heart and also you are very smart. Not to forget that you are a real beauty of course." He laughed. "Reminds me to take better care of you." He gave her a charming smile again. "How about you change the negative aspects about being a workaholic into some positive ones? Just remember that a workaholic can transfer the passion for working into passion to work on a relationship. Besides you always make yourself available for friends and I know for sure that you are able to do that for a boyfriend as well." He paused getting his hands back together and leaning back in his chair again. "You just might have to make sure to pick one with a bit patience and the ability to get used to your workaholic attitude."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 pm

She gave him a small smile, "Wow, that was really sweet of you to say Cole." She said as she looked down. He was a great friend she decided, he was being honest she appreciated honesty especially from someone she respected. "So enough about my love life...what about you? Do you have a special someone in your life?" She asked teasingly as she moved her plate back onto the desk, so she could get the water bottle that he had handed her earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 pm

He smirked. "Well right now you´re the most special someone to me. So any preferences for friday?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 pm

At his words she smiled again, "If you say so." She said tucking some hair behind her ear as she hid a tiny blush. "Oh Friday, well we could do Italian, maybe have pizza or something? Nothing too fancy if you don't want." She said with a little shrug. "We could have a movie night! But only if you want to watch something." She added.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm

"Just as the lady wished. Should i reserve a table at the restaurant then?" He stood up and put the chair back to where he got it from and walked back towards Meg prepearing to clean up her desk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:14 pm

"Oh yeah sure." She said as she flicked her gaze back up to meet his as she moved to throw away the empty plate into the trash can by her desk. "Thanks for the lunch Cole, how much do I owe you for that?" She asked as she moved to get her purse. She certainly wasn't going to let something kind like that go unpaid for after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole Smith

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 pm

"Oh Meg not that talk again." He came closer to put his hand over hers when she was about to open up her purse. "You know, as a gentleman, it´s forbidden to let such a lovely lady such as you are pay for lunch." Then he backed off and got his hat to put it on and turned toward the door to take his leave. "I´ll pick you up after work then." He looked back and gave Meg a nod while pulling his hat down a tiny bit. "See you on friday Ms. Workaholic."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 pm

She made a face at him, "One of these days Cole, I'm going to sneak money into your wallet." She said threateningly but with a teasing look in her eye. She watched him move towards the door and shook her head in amusement at him, "All right Mr. Detective, I'll see you then." She said playfully as she gave him a little wave before moving to sit back down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)   

Back to top Go down

Usual Checkup (tags: Cole Smith)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1