The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Off the job (Tag: Everyone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cassim al-Rashid

PostSubject: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 am

Cassim sat there in a two piece. His shirt arms rolled up and enjoying a small muffin and coffee. He remembered specifically rating this place very high for its food alone. A quaint little area he could always relax off the job. Cassim moved a bit to sit up and realized he dropped a picture of his children. Feeling his heart swell up in sadness. He quickly swiped it up and cleaned it with a napkin. Placing it on a left breast pocket close to his heart. It took daily strength to just not rely on the police. But he would be a normal man, though a small fear that they would hate him always weighed on him. He sat there lost in thought and regret.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 am

Esmeralda considered herself lucky. While she did dabble in the night crowd most of the time, she could easily blend in with the day crowd as well. Being a performer at the Tip Top Club wasn't exactly as respectable as, say, a secretary or a politician. But still, she could walk around in the day without getting stares, unless they were from men that were checking out her body. Getting up early in the morning was a pain though, and she decided to get some coffee from the Buttercup Cafe to wake her up a bit. She soon had a steaming cup in her hands. She was about to pick out a place to sit before she spotted a man sitting by himself, looking more than a little depressed. Esmeralda remembered him. He was Cassim al-Rashid, a recent restaurant critic. He had kind of sprung out of nowhere though, which made Esmeralda suspicious. Usually, people like that had some kind of shady job in the past. She wondered what it could have been. Drug dealer? Pimp? Worked too long in the Black Market? She became interested, so she put on a friendly face and approached him. "Hey, why the long face mister?" she asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippy Zeno Xenos

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Zipporah walked in with with a thick folder under her arms, and a bag of doll's clothing and dolls. She did not like getting up early, but she did not mind doing so, especially if she wanted to be in a play, show, or movie. She would have to wake up for auditions and practices anyway. It was either that or she would slowly and literally eliminate the competition, but then that would make her suspicious and there would be no other people to fill in other parts, so that was never going to be an option. She took an order of french fries and tea surveying all the people who where here. Two faces seemed familiar, the first being a gentleman that looked rather sad. She remembered looking in the paper that he was Cassim al-Rashid, the famous food critic. But the beard was throwing her off for she could not tell if she knew him before now, like he grew a beard. And the other girl she had seem around, but she was not sure if she meet her or even knew her. So she took a deep breath, walked over, and join the two. Zipporah smiled angelically and asked, "Mind if I joined you both? I do not believe that I have properly met either of you." She need to know or at least remember, if she already knew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassim al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Cassim came out of his thoughts when he heard a strangers voice. He looked at the young woman who joined his table. Her question made him rub his beard and fix his face. He had not realized how exposed he let his emotions get. "I'm sorry. I was thinking back on some events and hit a few regretful memories. You don't want to hear the ramblings of this old man. I thank you for your caring nature. But I'm afraid I've wasted your time. Let me make it up to you by buying you something from this establishment. What is your name miss?" he asked. Before he could get an answer another young woman had showed up to his table. There was something familiar about her. But he didn't know where to place her. "Of course. I dont see why not." he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Another woman soon approached the table. She seemed friendly enough, although Esmeralda had learned to take the way people acted with a grain of salt. Everyone was an actor around here, even her. The task was to see through the acting, and find out what was the truth. Esmeralda enjoyed challenges like that from time to time. "Oh no, go on ahead," she said, keeping her friendly tone. Cassim was very polite, and it almost seemed genuine. Although he may have just been trying to butter her up. Oh well. Esmeralda figured she might as well go along with it. "Esmeralda. You might have heard of me. I grace the programs of the Tip Top Club almost every night." Esmeralda was the best, after all. And the club made sure to show her off often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassim al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Cassim listened to Esmeralda talk about where she worked. Usually he wouldn't have known as he never crossed paths with club life. That was usually his partners thing when they had the day off. But due to tracking his son and daughter. He had gained the basic knowledge of her local celebrity. "I'll be honest. I am still out of the loop. But I have heard of your name. I'm sorry to say I have not seen you in action. I'm sure it is something to behold. Can I ask you a question? Have you ever seen a young man named Aladdin hanging out there?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippy Zeno Xenos

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 am

Zipporah was a patioent person about listening. Sle let Esmeralda speak first not wanting to be rude. It allowed her to learn more about the both of them at the same time. "I would not mind hearing stories from a Senior gentleman. And I don't see how you can't 'waste' someone's time with a heavy heart. I don't think anyone should have regrets." She told Cassim, placing her fingers near his hands.

She then realized that she did hear him ask for a name. "My name is Zipporah Zenobia. I guess you could say that I got over sold on a performance at the Tip Top Club, so I go there for auditions to become an actress. My father is my manager, of course." But of course she didn't say her last name, unlike her father. Zipporah giggled looking at Esmeralda. She had though a performer and actress would have been one the same, until she learned later on like now.

Zipporah turned her attention back to the gentlemen, and nodded her. She tilted her head, in saying, "I knew an Aladdin when was back in school. But as of lately, I would not be able to remember. I also work as an Investigator." A simple case of looking for people could have currently confused her on whether she was looking for one or found one already. "Maybe if I had a picture of some kind?" She asked gingerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassim al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:29 pm

As Zipporah discussed her involvement with the tip top club and life as an investigator. Made him wonder just how much of meeting these two was a coincidence. And what did they hope to gain by helping him out. "Esmerelda, Zipporah. You two are too kind as you are talented and beautiful. But I have to ask why? Forgive me if my suspicions are wrongly placed? But what are you two gaining from this?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chel Ramos

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Chel was reapplying her red lipstick while listening to the conversations around her. Not a bad news day, she thought. She eyed the restaurant critic as he talked with two pretty good-looking women. He's probably not doing a review today. Just for confirmation, she looked over to her manager who was already staring at her--giving her a thumbs up with a toothy grin. Chel understood the gesture and sealed her lipstick before quickly digging it into her apron pocket. She was able to hear their conversation as she began walking towards them.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I get you fine folks anything?" Chel asked as she sashayed towards them, a hand on her hip. Standing in front of the table, she made sure to get a good look at the women he was with. Chel always found him a little suspicious, and now he was looking for someone and talking to an investigator it appeared. Looking to the critic, she gave a friendly wink. "Hope everything's alright with you, sir."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassim al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:19 am

Cassim rubbed his beard again trying to hide his anger for the two. Regaining his composure as the waitress came to the table. He hoped it wasn't too much of a scene that was caused. But people using his family was a sore spot for him. They had already been through enough. He didn't want to add anymore stress on them. Holding a praticed but charming on his face, he tipped his head as the waitress winked at him. "Everything is very much alright with me, Thank you so much. I'm sorry if me and my friends caused a scene. That's what you get when you dont agree on some restaurants. But this café is always consistent in flavor. I'll three of your specials with milk tea for me and my friends please. Would you yourself want something. I've seen you working all day. You look like you need a rest." he said. Hoping to distract himself a bit from the other two. As well as distract her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Esmeralda pursed her lips in thought for a moment. "Aladdin, hmm...nope, not ringing any bells here. I'll keep an eye out for him though." She wondered what Cassim wanted with this Aladdin guy, but she figured she didn't really need to know. If she brought Aladdin to him, she might be rewarded. And that was enough reason for her.

"Ooo, an actress huh?" she said as she turned to Zipporah. "I'll have to catch your act sometime." She gave a little wink. New performers at the Tip Top Club were always of interest to her. She liked to gauge their talent, see if they might have enough guts to try and take her number one spot. Esmeralda was quite protective of it.

She just smiled at Cassim's question. "It's my job to know people, honey. The more people you know, the more you know of what's going on around here. And I run a pretty good business about knowing things."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippy Zeno Xenos

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:49 am

"Well, I want my father to have friends like he used to. He is always complaining that he used to have friends. And how if they were around now, there are stories they could tell." Zipporah's father gave her friend to look for, as if to put her investigating skills to the test. But the truth was that she vaguely remembered her life over the last few years, between hiding and training. "The truth is I am looking for a friend for my father, so he can begin to let me have life of my own for a little bit. He deserves a little bit of fun away from me." Zipporah smiled with pearly white teeth, like that of a feather.

A pretty waitress then walked over asking for their order. Zipporah opened her mouth prepared to order, but then got nervous and closed it again. She slightly cocked her head to one side as she was sure she heard him say 'Milk Tea.' She blurted out really fast speaking, "And Sweet Potato Fries on the side!" She started bouncing in her chair like a little girl. She then looked around the table, apologizing, "Sorry, if I got a little loud. I just have not had Milk Tea in a long time. I use to get it when I was younger, then just stopped getting it." She then opened up her folder full of monologues, as started trying to distract herself.

But then gave Esmeralda a sheepish blush and spoke in a light airy tone, "Yeah, an actress. And Daddy Dearest is my manager." Zipporah said, with her eyes closed and a sincere smile. She had all kinds of nicknames for her father. "Sometimes, he takes us out of city and country to auditions. But I don't mind it." Zipporah said turning her attention to the monologues. She took a note randomly in the book to remember about an Aladdin later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chel Ramos

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:45 am

Chel smiled politely at the offer to buy her something. It was inappropriate and she should decline it, but she knew that she wasn't going to do that. "How generous, thank you, I'll just get the smallest coffee for myself." She looked over to the darker-skinned woman who had suddenly exclaimed out her order. "Don't worry honey, I can appreciate that." She said, winking. "3 Milk Teas and some sweet potato fries on the side, be right back," Chel repeated before turning around to walk towards the counter--getting those drinks and a small coffee for herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the job (Tag: Everyone)   

Back to top Go down

Off the job (Tag: Everyone)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gods & Monsters :: Downtown :: The Buttercup Cafe-
Jump to: