The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Louie*

PostSubject: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 am

Louie had to admit, this string of shops threw out the best stuff. Why they did, he would never know. They always had good pickings. Granted, they were from a dumpster, but when you were living on the street, you had to take what you could get. Plus, dumpsters had other cool stuff too, like books or clothes that he had a chance of selling. Louie adjusted the baseball cap on his head for a moment before climbing up the side of a dumpster and peering inside. He was so engrossed in his search that he didn't hear the footsteps behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 am

Nani was just getting out of is shift at the restaurant when she saw a young boy climbing inside of a dumpster. She stood there watching the boy search for stuff,picking some and throwing others when she spotted a man walking towards him. She frowned trying to figure out the intentions of the man when she saw that he was about to close the dumpster with the boy inside. "Hey," she screamed as she punched pushed the man aside and kicked him in r stomach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Louie spun around when he heard a grunt behind him. He managed to see a young woman standing over a man, who he assumed had been punched or something, before losing his balance and falling into the dumpster. He gave a little cry before landing on various items of garbage, including a pizza box, some trash bags, and more than a few banana peels. It took him a moment to gather himself, but he soon tentatively peeked his head out of the dumpster. He wasn't sure if this woman was on his side or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Nani gave the man a finally kick on the head and looked over the boy who was staring at her with fearful eyes. "Are you alright?" She reached the dumpster and offered the boy her hand to help him get out. "Don't be afraid, I'm a friend, not a foe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 am

Well, it looked like the guy was out cold. And the woman seemed friendly. Although Louie still accepted her hand a bit hesitantly. Just because someone acted friendly didn't mean they were actually nice. That was a lesson he had to learn pretty quickly when he first came out here. He glanced down at the man. "Well, if he's out for the count, his wallet's mine," he said. He filched through the man's pockets until he found his wallet. Inside were a couple of bills, most of them big. "Sweet! Jackpot!" he crowed happily. Buying food was a lot better than fishing it from the dumpster. Although, since the woman took the guy out, she would probably want some of the money too. "Wanna split it? I'll give you half," he said, holding out some cash to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:12 am

"No, you can keep the whole thing." The boy looked like he could use the whole money and she was sure she could get her rent in half an hour entering to any house of the neighborhood. "but what where you doing inside there? Don't you is is dangerous?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 pm

"Oh. Thanks." That was generous, which was something Louie wasn't used to. He pocketed the wallet, glad that he had some money to last him a little while. "Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get some grub. And these dumpsters provide some very nice pickings." He pointed at the one behind him with his thumb. "For example, did you know that the bakeries around here throw out day-old stuff, even though there's nothing wrong with it? Or even if it's burned a little bit, boom! It's in the dumpster, and if I'm lucky enough, I'm able to get it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Nani giggled at the boy and couldn't help to compare her younger self with the kid. "Don't tell me." She answered sarcastic. "But anyways you should always keep your eyes and ears side one unless you want your head with a hole on it. By the way my name is Nani."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:02 pm

"Hey, I'm doing just fine," Louie said. "I mean, I'm still alive, aren't I? I can still walk, and run when I have to. No cop has ever caught me," he added proudly. He just hoped it stayed that way. "I'm Louie," he said, figuring it was okay to tell Nani his name. She did seem to like him, a little bit. "So, why is a lady like you slumming about down here?" he asked. "Usually the only other people here are other dumpster divers or whores. And you don't look like either of those."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Nani closed the dumpster and then sat on it. "Neither of them, in fact I'm just like you... Well I used to be and I was around because I was just getting out of my job." She took off her bag pack and took about three slices of pizza she had stolen from the restaurant. That was the only thing she liked about working there, "free food". After taking one for herself she offered one to the boy. "You seem you hav been alone for a while, right."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Louie found it a bit odd, that Nani had taken a shine to him so quickly. Most people didn't want to be friends with a little homeless kid like him. But maybe having a friend could be useful. At the very least, she was a source of free food. He eagerly accepted a slice of pizza, thanking her in between chewing. "Yup. And don't even try to convince me to go home. It's not gonna happen." He swallowed before asking "So, what's your job?" He couldn't tell what Nani did for a living. No doubt it was something shady. Almost everyone's jobs were shady around here. Even Louie himself survived only by stealing stuff from time to time or doing odd jobs for the cops and mobsters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 am

"I'm a thief but I also work as a waitress." She took a bite of her pizza and stared at the unconscious man. For a moment it crossed her mind he could be dead but then she realized it wouldn't care anyway. He was going to hurt a lonely kid in one of the most horrible ways possible. When she was younger she met a lot of those guys; assholes who enjoyed making their life even more of a freaking hell. "When I was younger I used to steal, little things but it was stealing. When I grew older I got better and started going for the good stuff, you know, more money, entering to houses, those stuff. Like everything around here it got me int troubles and I promised one cop I was going to start living like a decent woman. But, it is too much fun the thrill of stealing so now I have two jobs, one legal and the other not so much." She laughed at the thought and finished her slice of pizza. "And what about you? Do you live somewhere, have a gang or anyone?" She could guess his family record couldn't be the best by him warning her he wasn't going to return home so she decided to let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 pm

"A thief? Whoa, that sounds cool." Being able to break into any house and stealing whatever you wanted sounded sweet to Louie. If he was an expert thief, he'd probably try to find a house that had Oreos or something. Those were awesome. And maybe an Xbox or something. He had no idea where he would play it, but still, it'd be nice to have one. "Not really. It's just me. And I kinda like it that way. I'm doing my own thing, with nobody telling me what to do. It's pretty sweet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 pm

The girl giggled at the boys admiration of her job."it is not as cool as it sounds. It's is really dangerous." She thought for a second and stared at the brick wall in front of them. She couldn't help to feel worried about the kid. On his own, with all the gangs around every corner, and he looked so young. As dangerous of you being on your own." She tried to sound ironical but her words were full of concern. She put her finger on his forehead and pushed him playfully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 pm

"Danger, schmanger," Louie said, waving the matter aside as if it was nothing more than a harmless fly. "Danger is my middle name. You practically have to have your arm around danger if you wanna survive on the streets." It was a very cocky way of thinking, but Louie felt like it was true. You needed to do dangerous things to survive out here, and he had done quite a few so far. So far, his most dangerous stunt was jumping across the roof of one building to another, and barely making it. He had managed to grab the edge of the roof with one hand and managed to pull himself up, leaving behind a police officer that was after him. It had been scary at the time, but when he looked back on it, he was very proud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Nani sighed and stared at the boy. She knew the street laws and maybe the kid was good and maybe he had a chance to survive until he reached his 21 birthday but still... She couldn't help to feel some kind responsible for him, she would hate t see his face on the next news paper telling he had been found floating in the river. "You know, I then. Get the idea of your solo thing. I respected it." She felt goosebumps running down her spine as a a bad memory got to her mind, when she was younger one night she had stayed at the park and she had been in the middl of a shooting. She shook that memory as fats as she could and kept taking. "Bt if you ever need something, or you need a place to stay for a while." She shrugged and took a pen from her bag. "You can find me working at the butter cup caffe or you could give me a call." She took his hand and wrote her phone on his arm. "It's just a suggestion and if you think you can d well on your one you can wash it off the moment you see a fountain." She wouldn't blame the boy if he did so, when she was younger only one person had been able to make her open up a little but no one would tell her she didn't tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:26 pm

While Louie did prefer to be on his own, he knew turning his nose up at a place to stay was dumb. Granted, he probably wouldn't stay there all the time. But crashing at Nani's place if it was cold or raining wasn't a bad idea. He had a few friends like that. They would let him stay at their place for a little bit. He figured Nani would be a good person to add to that list. "I guess I can take up on that offer every once in a while," he said, trying to look aloof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Nani nodded and jumped off the dumpster. "So are you going to stay here to wait the poor guy to wake up or are you going to escape before he notices you took his money?" She said sarcastic as she arraigned her bag pack and our on her hoodie. It was already getting late and she still had some stuff to get before midnight. Only a couple of shops, she thought as she analyzed what route to take and which shops to rob, I am not in the mood for a if things. She waited for the boy to jump off with her hand placed on her hip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie*

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:24 pm

"Oh, right." Louie had almost forgotten about the guy Nani had knocked out. Lucky for them, they would be long gone by the time he woke up. He hopped off the dumpster, landing solidly on his feet. "I'll race ya!" he said in a challenging tone before taking off a sprint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Nani chuckled and decided to give the little dude a shot. She knew she was fats so she gave him a head start buteventually she followed him and caught up to him. "You are fast." She said smiling at him. "But can you do this?" She went a little bit faster and then she let herself fall and slide down a car until she reached the other end. With the same velocity she had from the previous race she managed to stand up and stared at the boy from e other side of the car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)   

Back to top Go down

Dumpster Diving (Tag: Anyone)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1