The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Searching for the informant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nani

PostSubject: Searching for the informant   Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Nani looked at the place full of people and she had second thoughts about the idea of keping up with her plam. "No" she thought, "I have to know what is going on." She sighed and put on the hoodie of her jacket. She passed through a lot of people until she reached the bar. She asked for the cheapest drink and waited until the show started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 am

Holli Would walked around the bar as she watched her lovely coworkers fling themselves around the pole on stage. She could feel the eyes of men burn into her back, she couldn't help but crack a smile.

Out of the corner of her eye, Holli spotted a young woman sitting by the bar ordering a drink. Quite the uncommon costumer. She decided to take a chance and approach the woman.

"What are you doing here, baby doll?" she asked smoothly as she laid her elbow on the counter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 am

Esmeralda wasn't set to go on 'til the end of the night, so she had plenty of time to do what she loved best: mingle. It provided the greatest opportunity for her to get tidbits of info. Of course, there was only so much people were willing to say in front of her. They knew how willingly she sold information to people. She always had to sneak around these days to get info. But she didn't mind. She ran a hand through her hair before spotting two women at the bar. They couldn't be more different from each other. The blonde seemed confident and dressed more than a little provocatively. Probably a prostitute or a stripper. The other girl had a hood pulled over her face. No doubt she was hiding something, or hiding from someone. "Why hello ladies," she said, giving her trademark friendly smile that usually invited people in. "Are you enjoying our quaint little club? Finest in the city, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

Nani looked at both girls and she felt her blood run cold. She couldn't remember which one was the informant they had recommended her. She took a deep breath and drink half of his drink in a row. "Actually I didn't come here for the show."she turned her face to the blond girl and then to the brunette. "In fact I was hoping to get some information bout the gossip that is around town."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:38 am

Holli stared at the woman unamused. "Darling, let's hope the gossip of the town does not concern you. If it does, then bless your sweet soul." She gave a wink at the woman then turned to Esmeralda.

"Esmeralda, my dear, how are you?" She placed her hand on the woman's dainty shoulder. Holli wondered if the woman recognized her. Holli had previously worked at the night club before she met Phoebus and joined his line of business. "You are looking as beautiful as ever."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Nani took her hoodie off and stared at the blonde girl. "What do you mean by that? Haven't you heard? The cops and the mobs are about to start a war. We need to know what is going on." She took some dollars out of her jacket and ordered another drink. Maybe some kind of stimulation would help her to get the girls to talk. "Do you want a drink?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Esmeralda felt like the two girls were as different as could be. One was blonde, and held herself with confidence. Judging by what she was wearing, she might be a stripper. Or a prostitute. They tended to wear the same things these days. The other girl, however, had a hood over her head, as if she was hiding something. Or trying to hide from someone, "Well, if it's info you want, you've come to the right place," she said. "This place is brimming with the stuff. I should know. I make a living off of it." She gave a wink. The blonde greeted her familiarly, as if she knew her. It took a moment for Esmeralda to remember who she was. "Oh Holli, you're flattering me," she said, smiling. "You're not looking too bad yourself. Can you still make a boy swoon with a single look?" Holli had been blessed with good looks, and they always caught a man's eye. "War, schmwar," Esmeralda said to the other girl. "I'm not picking a side, and if you were wise, you wouldn't either. The way I see it, these cops and mobsters are going to blow each other up soon enough. And when they do, I want to make sure I'm still alive."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Nani looked at the girl and then nodded. The bartender gave her another drink. "That is exactly what is worrying me. I share your idea of joining neither of the sides but I am afraid the cops could mistake us as part of the pest. Do you know how is the head of all this operation against the mob?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Holli smiled at Esmeralda and gave a subtle laugh. "You're too sweet," she said, signaling the bartender over to her. "A 'Sex On The Beach' sugar," she said sweetly. She then turned her attention to the woman's concern about the war.

Of course she knew a few things, she would sometimes stay up late and listen in to Pheobus's "business" phone calls. So it wasn't like she didn't have a clue, but it didn't interest her enough to spread around the gossip to complete strangers. So she decided to quietly shrug her shoulders and turn to Esmeralda and see if she would crack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am

Esmeralda could see where the girl was coming from. They could get caught in the crossfire. And Esmeralda had dealt with asshole cops and mobsters before. They weren't pretty. When she had a drink in her hand, she turned back to the girl, saying "Well, the head of the police force isn't hard to figure out. The papers mention him almost every day. His name is Roarke. He's not who I'm interested in, though." She sipped her drink. "What I'm interested in, is finding out who's working for him. And Korso too. They're both bound to have undercover agents everywhere. Figuring out who's on which side is crucial to figuring out who you can trust."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 am

Nani smiled at the answer and took a last zip f her drink. "One more thing... I need to know some of those names so how much would it cost me to make you figure them out." She turned to the blonde girl and smiled at her. "The proposal also goes to you if you are interested."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Holli raised her eyebrows at the woman's request. She didn't know her let alone trust her in anyway. Holli took a sip from her drink and whirled the ice around in her cup thinking of what to say. She sighed and set her glass back down.

"Look, buttercup," she said lightly, forcing a smile on her face. "I am proud to see a woman like you want to take initiative and 'do good' or 'set things right'. But I don't want to get involved in that shit. It's a dangerous world out there, you can't trust anyone." She sighed and placed a hand on the woman's shoulder. "But by all means, do want you want."

Holli finished her drink, winked at the bartender, and gave Esmeralda a kiss on the cheek before saying her goodbyes. "I have to go, but good luck in your endeavors." Then she left the bar without another word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Holli didn't seem to interested in snooping around, which Esmeralda could understand. It was a risky job, and if anyone found out you ratted on them, you were dead in an instant. Esmeralda had gotten death threats before. Luckily, nobody had ever managed to kill her, yet. She figured that was probably how she was going to go, but at least she could have fun until then. "Bye Holli dear," she said sweetly, blowing her a kiss as the woman walked away. She turned back to Nani. "Holli does have a point, dear. That much snooping around is awfully dangerous. It's going to require a bit of payment." She looked Nani up and down for a moment before asking "What exactly do you do? You're obviously not a stripper, or an heiress, or a cop. What do you do for a living?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:18 pm

"I steal." She said proudly. "But I am good at what I do and I assure you I can pay whatever price you give me.' To show her she took two diamonds rings and a necklace decorated with jewels from her jacket. She showed them to her and a smile appeared on his face. "I got this on my way to here and I know I can get more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Those jewels were awfully impressive. Real diamonds were hard to come by, and if Esmeralda could get them by doing a little digging around, then she was glad to take up the offer. But if Nani was in such a shady position, Esmeralda wasn't sure if she could entirely trust her. "If you're a thief, why can't you get this info yourself? You could probably break into Roarke or Korso's offices to find out who's working for them. That is, if you're as talented as you seem."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Nani had to stop the urge from laughing. "I'm good but I am not an idiot." She out the jewelry back into her jacket. "I never steal to that kind of people or even think about getting near of them. Plus, why do the nasty job when I can pay someone else to do it. As far as I can seem is a win win situation." She paused for a second and thought about it again. There was a big chance Esmeralda could sell her off or betrayed her. With that inside her head she continued. "But I can get anyone else to do the job if you are not interested."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 pm

"A win win situation for you perhaps, but not for me," Esmeralda replied, giving Nani a look. "If they find me, you won't get busted, but I will. I don't put my life on the line for nothing." If this girl thought she could fool her, she was mighty mistaken. Being clever was one of the reasons Esmeralda had survived this long. After all, there had been people like her before, who knew everything about everyone. But they weren't smart enough to stay alive. She was. That was why people came to her time and time again for info. "I didn't say I wasn't interested," she replied, smoothing her hair back. "I'm just saying, this job will require a bit of risk taking. And, well, the bigger the risk, the bigger the price."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:35 pm

The girl was tough but Nani knew it would be this way, there were no short cuts with informants and spies. "Deal." She stretched her hand soEsmeralda could stretch it with her. "I want the name of th Moriaty gang, I've heard he and whitemore are enemies. I need know someone that could be trustful that could connect me with them. What do you say. Can you do that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Nani seemed pretty desperate to get Esmeralda to accept the deal. She wondered why the thief wanted the info so bad. But, it wasn't in Esmeralda's nature to ask why people wanted information. She got a deal, she snooped around, and told them what she knew. That was it. "Deal," she said, shaking Nani's hand. "But if I get put on the line, I'm dropping out. This isn't some drug dealer I'm investigating here. These are cold-blooded killers. It doesn't matter if they're a gangster or a cop. Both would probably shoot me, and you, in the head if they knew what we were up to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Nani chuckled at the thought of it, not that she was cynic or something like that, it was that the thought of a gun pressed against her head always sounded to her like something unreal. "It was nice meeting you." She took a napkin from the bar and wrote a telephone number on it. "Call me when you get something juicy." She gave her the napkin and after paying for the drinks she headed out of the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esmeralda Cabello

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Esmeralda only nodded as Nani left the club. Although she did smile a little. Sure, this job was dangerous as hell and it might get her killed. But at least it would be exciting. She couldn't wait to get started.

((End thread.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for the informant   

Back to top Go down

Searching for the informant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1