I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:23 pm

This is the female form,
A divine nimbus exhales from it from head to foot,
It attracts with fierce undeniable attraction,
I am drawn by its breath as if I were no more than a helpless vapor, all falls aside but myself and it,
Books, art, religion, time, the visible and solid earth, and what was expected of heaven or fear’d of hell, are now consumed,

---
Breathe. Just breathe. The lights surrounding the dresser mirror cast a warm glow on her face, smokey eyes, cherry lips, the gold flecks in her green eyes catching the light. Lena stared at herself, she looked a far cry from the sweet sixteen year old that had first come to this city, she could blame it on the make-up, but the place was already changing her. She pinned her hair on one side, letting the rest of her titian locks hang loose around her back and shoulder.

She adjusted her attire for what felt like the umpteenth time, a sheer red halter slip over black lace lingerie. she had butterflies in her stomach, she had practically begged Holli for the job, for the chance to perform in some way, and yet here she was, nervous. What if she wasn't good enough? What if someone figured out the age on the books was two years too old? Questions plagued her as she double checked the strap on her heels, which were thankfully only two inches.

"You're on in five, or you're not on at all Lena." The stage manager for the night called, Lena took one last deep breath, lacing a mask around her face and pinning the ribbon into her hair with a bobby pin. She kind of wished Holli was there that night, but it was her off night and she had already made sure Lena's first night was on an evening that was generally slow. Besides, if she fell flat on her face, she really didn't want Holli to see that embarrassment.

She made her way to the side of the stage, waiting for her song to cue up. "You ok?" the stage manager asked, checking something on a clipboard as she did. "Yeah." Lena said, nodding as nerves began to mingle with excitement. The manager listened to something in her earpiece a moment and then signaled Lena to go, so that she started walking just as her song started playing.

She slinked one foot in front of the other, til she reached the pole at the end of the catwalk, gripping it with one hand and swinging outward, her hair falling down beside her. She teased and bent and curled around the pole, bucking her hips to the beat, paying little heed to the eyes on her, singing along quietly. She crouched down, her back lent against the pole and her knees spreading apart, before quickly standing, swinging her hair to the front of her shoulder, baring her back to the room and pulled on the bow of the sheer halter slowly, before letting it slink to her feet. She stepped backwards out of it and bent right over to retrieve it.

She could barely contain a giggle, her nerves all gone, nothing but the thrill left behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 pm

"I know it's a daily thing having you pissed off at me, but at least I know the reasons why when you are."
The well known coffee addict/bartender/drug dealer still openly ignored the teen, and went on cleaning and serving other customers behind the bar counter. Loki just signed at this, really not feeling like being his usual crazy and wild self, like he always is whenever he stepped inside this place. It was a shame really, since Annie had this night off to take care of another 'client', and Dean had decided to simply not give a crap about his presence this night. Loki, the stubborn little shit that he was well aware of being, had actually started to give up trying to figure out why Mccoppin was grumpier than usual. He just felt so exhausted and, well... annoyed, for some reason.
He felt himself frowning at this, hiding his face behind his arms who was currently resting on the bar counter, shutting the noisy and crowded background out.

He wasn't stupid, he knew the reason to his odd behaviour these past weeks. Ever since that event in the gala. Loki loved the thrill of danger, the feeling of being in in riskfull situations, so naturally when things like that happened he only got excited, even when he feared for his own well being. He would later just laugh it off. Even at that raid with Ariel involved, he hadn't felt this down, but that was because she had made it out unharmed. But this time, Jim, his idiotic childhood friend with a fucking 'hero-complex' hadn't, and on top of it all Lena had been in the middle of it too.
This was stupid really, both he and Jim had been through stuff like this most of their lifes, Jim more so than him. Living dangerous and getting injured was part of their daily lifes, and yet this incident Loki just couldn't stop thinking about what might've happend. He couldn't shake the thoughts of losing Jim for good away, couldn't focus properly, and acted more reckless than ususal which resulted in him getting caught and beat up more frequently. Beacuse he couldn't fucking focus on his tasks, and kept imagen the corpse of his friend.

He growled again, cursing out the crowd behind him who had started to gather around the stage. So damn excited over the new girl apparently. Morons... Shut UP.
He glanced up from behind his arms as bottle of soda was placed before him, along with a pack of ice. He quirked an eyebrow at Dean, who he was pretty sure had treated him like air only minutes ago.
"For your eye," he muttered, massaging his temple with a light grimace. The boy blinked, his expression blank as he took notice of the dark circles under the man's eyes. Guess he's had it rougher than usual.
"Oh," he said, remembering the last fight he was just caught in, and the black eyed he received from it. He gave a nod as a thanks, whining a little for not getting alcohol (which Dean easily ignored), and pressed the pack of ice carefully over his left eye. Slurping on his soda, he turned his seat around to look over at the stage with mild interest.

The moment the girl stepped out on the stage, Loki almost dropped his drink. His blank expression had frozen in surprise, so he didn't really look taken aback. But mentally, he wasn't even sure if he was either gaping or falling over in shock.
For a moment, he just sat there and watched his friend preform, green eyes taking in the way her body moved along to the music, how she seemed to enjoy it.
From behind him, Dean had apparently noticed her too, and recognised her back from the gala when he along with Annie ahd spotted the two teens on the dancefloor.
"Hey, isn't that the girl you dance-"
"No," Loki interrupted him, voice flat and void. Dean quirked an eyebrow at the boy, and wordlessly watched him leave his drink and jump of his seat, preceding with walking towards the front of the stage.
"Brats..."

On his way through the fat, smelling and drunk people, Loki had casually thrown his ice pack to the floor, and mentally cheered when he heard more than three people slip on it, almost creating a chain reaction to everyone who got to close.
When having make some room for himself, he made sure he was in good view as he stood close to the stage, and simply just stood there and watching Lena perform. He didn't as much as blink when her sheer halter slipped to the floor, what caught his real interest was how gracious she looked as she moved. He felt himself smirk, and stares right at her face the entire time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:46 am

Lena gripped the pole with one hand, dipping backwards until her back arched all the way, dragging the sheer fabric along the length of her body to wolf whistles and looks of adoration. Her eyes widened as she saw Loki, was that a black eye ? She didn't know of he could recognise her with the mask on, but she knew her long rusty hair was certainly her most recognisable feature.

The butterflies were back, mingling with the excitement. she wanted to know what he was doing here, for all the confidence she had in her slim frame, she wasn't sure she was ready to have people she knew show up, especially as it was her first night on the job.

She thought a moment too long, missing a beat as her eyes were locked on Loki. She lifted herself slowly, and stomped one high heeled foot to the side when the beat sounded again, letting the little fat she had gained in the past few weeks give the tiniest wobble on her ass, much to the amusement of her other onlookers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:15 am

Loki wouldn't have recognised Lena this fast if it hadn't been for her hair, of that he was quite certain.
Still, they she moved made him think back on their dance back at the gala, before that sweet moment was ruined by that clumsy couple and all went down hill. Not that this dance here was anything like they did there of course, but they way she moved to the beat, still looked just as graceful and so, natural.
Even though he enjoys calling her 'chubby', he didn't think she was fat. She was pretty, without make-up and unnecessary acceroary or flash clothes. And he liked it when girls (or boys, whichever) had some meat on their bones. The first girl he recalled liking had been chubby, and his eyes more adorable and pretty than the rest. He had loved holding her hand.

He scoffed lightly at some of the other men in the crowd, naimely the ones currently pushing and towering over him, hollering and partically drooling at the pretty little thing dancing on the stage. They remidned him of pigs.
He focuesd back to Lena, and moved a little closer to the stage before the drunkards got more bothersome. A part of him was dissapointed, and a little sad that she ended up taking a job like this. He didn't like the way men, or people in general would now start to look at her. But then again he also udnerstood why she probably took this job, why most people did. So this didn't make him think any less of her, no not all. At leats this way she would get off of the streets.
Hopefully. One could never be to sure in attica City, where nothing was a safe place for anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 am

Lena continued to dance, letting the music take over again, not wanting to think, because thinking made her nervous. A man right on the edge of the stage held out a note, looking a little sheepish and as nervous as she was, Lena took the money, working it into the dance and blew the man a kiss, which seemed to do the trick, as no sooner had she slipped the bill into her bra than fists clutching single bills (and a few being a bit more).

Before she could take any of the money however, Lena put her foot down wrong and the heel of her shoe snapped, sending her falling into the crowd with no chance to catch herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:58 am

Loki had moved even closer to the stage at this point, and just enjyoing the show he suppose with his arms crossed over his chest in a lazy manner. He ignored the men holding out and waving money in the air for her, and found his eyes trailing down to her heels instead. He chuckled a little to himself, recalling their meeting in that alley and how he had openly admitted to doubting she could even stand in those type of shoes. Guess he was wro-

At that very same moment he had been thinking, her heel suddenly snapped, resulting in her losing balance and falling into the crowd, right where he had happend to be standing. Now Loki, along with everyone else who knew him and saw him, was well aware that he lacked any physical strenght, ad would mostly likely just break something if he tried catching or carrying somethign heavy. Still, he quickly held his arms out in reflex, only thinking about catching he girl as she feel, and somehow managed to stay on his feet as she littearly fell right ino his arms.
He blinked, wrapping his skinny arms around the girl and helped steady her, not really fully aware of the lack of clothes she currently had. Instead he was focuisng on her face, and giving her his trademark smirk after quickly making sure she was alright.
"Thanks," he purred, making sure the men around them heard and saw as he held out a note for her, making the whole thing look deliberately and not like an accidnet. "I thought you didn't see me~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Lena stared at Loki a moment, a little breathless from landing in his arms. That bastard! He doesn't even recognize me! She thought, a little hurt that she'd made so small an impression. Glancing over Loki's shoulder she saw one of the security guards making his way over and gestured to him that everything was ok. But the show must go on, and her lips curled into a smile as she hooked a finger around the back straps of each shoe and slipped them off, letting them dangle in her hand. "Thanks, Darlin'." She purred, planting a kiss on Loki's cheek and swinging herself back onto the stage and out of his arms, giggling as the men around cheered at Loki as though he had accomplished some great feat.

She continued with the dance, collecting money as she went, oddly aware of Loki's eyes on her, it unnerved her, as though he saw beyond just the skin she was baring. When the song ended she collected the sheer slip and walked back behind stage, chuckling to herself at the sounds of dissapointment behind her.

"You should probably just go barefoot next time." The stage manager said by way of greeting, too busy with her clipboard to even gesture to the shoes in Lena's hand. Lena simply nodded, and returned to the communal dressing room. Her mind was on Loki, and how exposed she felt by his presence there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 pm

The security here is just sad, Loki thought casually to himself when guard didn't stop to think twice why minor had his arms wrapped around a stripper. He wasn't that far off to notice his small form afterall. Well, better for him.
He turned his attention back to the girl in his arm, his smirk not faltering at the kiss he received and let his arms slide away from her, not giving a crap about the men cheering him on. They still reminded him of pigs. Smelly ones.

He stayed there during the rest of the song until Lena stepped off of the stage, and calmly followed her back to the dressing rooms unnoticed. It really did good being the 'younger brother' of one of the place's star preformers, in case someone did notice him sneeking around.
He pushe dopen the door and invited himself, knocking only after he had stepped inside and smirking like he always did when they ran into each other.
"I knew you couldn't get around in heels~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Lena slipped the mask off her face, noting how most of the girls had simply performed a quick touch up and changed clothes before heading back out. Luckily, Holli hadn't want her to jump straight in the deep end, so Lena was only on the bill once that night, as a sort of tester. Lena sighed and stretched her arms above her head, wondering what Loki had been doing there. She had just undone the clasp on her bra when a knock sounded and she heard Loki speak. Lena spun aroud to face him, crossing her arms over her chest to keep the bra in place, her long red-gold hair swinging over her shoulder. "So you did know it was me!" She snapped, pouting at him. "What are you even doing here anyway?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Loki laughed, honestly to caring enough to at least try and contain it. He did that alot with Lena he realized, even though they've only run into each a couple of times. Guess that was another reason he quickly grew found of this girl, it just felt ok, nice to have her close.
"How could I not? With those wobbly legs of yours, it was impossible to mistake you" he teased and walked up to her, the door closing shut after him. "Though of course, the hair was a big give-away too," he said in a softer voice as he reached her, green eyes not even glancing down below her face. There was still enough room between them for her to keep her own personal space, and Loki's eyes seemed to be focusing on her hair mostly at the moment, smiling contently to himself in a gentle way.
He gave a half shrugg at her question, boredly glacning around the dressing room. "I usually hang around here, so that should actually be my question," he stated. "Though it's pretty obvious why, nice moves by the way," he said a little to brightly.
The typical mischievousness people always saw glinted in his eyes as he smirked at her again, taking a step closer. "That kiss was a nice touch too," he purred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Lena's heart pounded in her chest, she was never certain what to expect from Loki, he made her nervous in the best possible way. Though she had to admit, he was good at keeping his eyes on her face and not her assets. She smirked right back at him. "My, my, usually hang around a strip club. I do learn something new about you every time we meet." She said, putting her hands on her hips and letting the bra fall to the floor. Dare ya not to look, you little ass. She thought to herself, feeling a little smug, she was almost certain it would work, and even if it didn't, she could still throw a hissy fit that he was in here while she was changing.

Then almost suddenly he was much closer,and she didn't feel quite so smug anymore, she felt bare, exposed, caught. "Don't think you're too special" she muttered, turning her head away from him, "it was only the cheek." She could feel her heart in her chest, her breath catching in her throat, the hairs on the back of her neck prickled. It was a horrifying realization to her, that she was not in control here, and not in any state to leave if she wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:31 pm

He immediately got the feeling she was challenging him. And he guessed right as he caught her look, daring not to look down at her now exposed chest. Most normal teenagers with hormones (or any other male in particular lacking respect) whould glaldy taken this chance to look. But Loki was never considerd 'normal'. Not that he didn't like taking a peek at someone chaning now and then, and Lena was by all means a pretty sight. But she had challenged him, something that Loki enjoyd even more most of the time, especially if he was the one in control.
His smirk turned more smug once she relaized that as well, and allowd himself to inavde the little personal space she had left. She really only had herself to blame for this one~
"If you wanted me to have a look you could've just told me," he said cheekily, his eyes still staying on her face without any effort apparently.
He let out another chuckler at she turned her head away, delighted in her embarresment. Giving her a genuine smile, he leaned over until his lips brushed aginst her ear. "So I guess I can't return the favor then?" he whisperd sensually, before pulling back a few steps, his eyes now closed. He crouched down and reached blindly for the garment she just dropped. His fingers found it at once, and as he stood back up, he turned his back to her first before opening his eyes again.
"...bigger size than I thought," he commented after a few seconds of silence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm

She melted. The feel of his breath on her ear, his hair brushing against her cheek for that brief moment. The core of her very being ached with loneliness, craved the touch of another human being like a flame starved of oxygen. But not here, not like this.

Lena closed her eyes a moment to steady herself, leaning against the dresser for support. When she opened them again Loki had his back to her and her bra in his hands. She huffed a little at his comment, grabbing her dress off the back of the chair and slipping it on while his back was turned. It was the same dress she had been wearing when they met, only clean and not soaked in rain.

"Yeah, I doubt it would fit you." She remarked sarcastically, bending down to drag her flat shoes from under the dresser. She felt so angry for nothing in particular, and for everything she could find to be particular about. Angry about her heel snapping, angrythat she had tried that just now, angry he hadn't taken the bait, angry he hadnt seemed to want to, angry with all the chubby jokes, angry that she wanted him, angry that wanting him meant losing control. Just angry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Loki would laughed again, a geuine laugh without any ill-intent or teasing behind it. Hearing her move, he guessed she had turned around as well to get dressed and allowed himself to turn back around, casually throwing off the bra somewhere over his shoulder. He gave her dress a quick-over, recognising it from the their first meeting and smiled slightly to himself at the memory. Right then, stanindg there in that simple dress he honestly found her beautiful. She didn't need any fancy or expensive clothes to look nice, just that.
The content smile fell though as he noticed the tension in the room, and feeling how her mood had dropped. Had he stepped over the line? Huh... Nice going there trickster.
Letting out a sigh, he walked back over to her, hesiating a little before placing his hand on her shoulder. "Sorry," he spoke in a sincere voice, even though his expression was pretty much blank, his eyes where being honest. "I tend to get ahead of myself when I see something pretty," he smiled gently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Lena picked up her skirt a little, so that she could see where her feet were as she slipped them into her shoes. As Loki's hand touched her shoulder Lena began to shrug him away, but stopped at the sound of his voice. Gentle, understanding, the same voice that had calmed her before. She knew she should turn and face him, but for that moment she couldn't.

She was a hurricane contained in a tiny fay-like body. The things she kept locked away inside, all lashing at her at once. Being pinned down, a ringing in her ears, rain on her face, shushing sounds, spinning in a red dress, stealing vodka, frying pan, kisses that burned, the blue-red of an ambulance, pain. And he thought she was pretty. With her long red hair and simple dress he thought she was pretty.

Her hands were gripping the back of the chair so tightly her knuckles had turned white. She blinked tears away and took a deep breath. "It's okay, Loki." She said, her voice even. "We're friends right? Friends mess about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 am

He frowed lightly when she didn't turn around. Somehow, it felt like he wasn't the only problem right now, that whatever was currently running through her mind was also the cause of her hands gripping the chair to tightly. He was never one to feel guilt, or even a little bad for someone. Those sort of compastionate feelings were only reserved for a couple of few people, all of which who helped him and cared when they had no reason to bother. But Lena? He cared, even if only having known her for a short while, he truly cared about the girl. He couldn't really figure out the reason to it, to why he so quickly he'd grown found of her, but for him it wasn't important. It was simple really, there didn't need to be a reason behind it all whenever he came to like someone, like he ahd needed for everone else important to him.
Maybe... she made him think of himself, only being much sweeter and more worthy of kindness than he'll ever be.

Wordlessly he reached out and coverd ehr hands with his own, gently tugging them off the chair and carressed her palms with his thumbs soothingly. His eyes slowly locked with hers, telling her that things were not ok.
"Friends help each other too," he pointed out softly, and for once allowed concern to show in his usual stoic and cold gaze. A small smile tugged at his lips again, but ti held no pity or any hint of his usual smugness. Just care.
With a tired sigh, he leaned forward until his lips touched her cheek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

Lena took a deep, rattled breath as Loki turned her around. Half a decade spent with everything bubbling just beneath the surface, the malestrom of emotion only ever growing as she tried to conceal it, to run from it, to smother it out with other things.And here was Loki, gripping her hands lest she fall in and never climb out.

She managed a small laugh as Loki's lips brushed against her cheek. Not letting go of his hands, she used her arms to wipe away moisture on her cheeks. "I think I need a drink." She said, trying to sound a little brighter than she felt. How was it that she always ended up wet cheeked around him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm

He kept smiling softly at her, feeling a small relifef wash over him at hearing her laughter. Of course he knew everythign wasn't quite alright, but he was not going to push the issue any further. It might as well be his fault too, which was very likely considering what he always does...
"Well you're certainly in the right place," he snickerd, brushing his thumb over her cheek gently before taking one of her hand in his again.
Her hands are small, but still felt so very comforting.
"Though I'd recommend we'd go to another place, seeing as it will get to crowed here for anyone to be able enjoy a drink."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

"Well then," she said, turning back to the dresser a moment and quickly putting the money she had earned in a small shoulder bag. "Lead the way, since you know the city so well." Lena gestured for him to go first with a slight giggle. She wondered if she would always be on the verge of errupting if she wasn't careful, knew by an emerging pattern that careful did not enter into her relationship with Loki: he drew out something too raw in her.

Lena linked arms with her friend, not really caring for the messed up thoughts in her own head, and grinned. "Oh! Did i mention I've been making breakfast in that frying pan?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:19 pm

Loki chuckled foundly at the gril when she linked their arms togheter and pushed open the door to the room, and then staretd to lead towards the back-door of the club so they wouldn't have to run into more of those pig resembling people.
"Oh, so you did keep the frying pan," he laughed, recalling how she had knocked that guy out with it back at gala foundly. That truly ahd been quite the sight, and if Jim hadn't been injured.... He quickly shaked thought of the older boy off.
"What nice, useful little souvenir that will turn out be," he chuckled, before giving her a teasing wink. "I'm surprised you actually know what it's suppose to be used for~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:55 pm

"It was a nice frying pan, and hardly a dent either." She beamed at him. "Though I'm sure there are less stressful ways to come by a decent frying pan."

Lena pinched his arm playfully at the remark. "I can fry an egg." She said, pretending to sound scandalised "In fact all I ever deem worthy of my culinary skills are fries eggs." She purposely left out the part where that was all she could cook, and let Loki lead her out the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]   

Back to top Go down

I Sing The Body Electric [Loki]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1