The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Lena sat in the window seat of the cafe, absent mindedly stirring far too much sugar into her coffee. She rested her chin on her hand, the swirling motion of the brown liquid soothing as she sat deep in thought.

She needed a job, she needed to find something soon because frankly scavenging change from a fountain to pay for a cup of coffee was even more pathetic than stealing day old bread from bins. Lena sighed, Holli had been so kind to her, had given her a place to stay and clean clothes but Lena felt weird asking for anything else. She didn't want to overstep any boundaries.

She shook her head, her long strawberry blonde hair moving independently of the rest of her, trying to shake away the negative thoughts, but it struck her that the only other person she knew in Attica (besides a good for nothing ex-fiance) had not made an appearance since the fiasco that was the Gala. She wondered how he was, if his friend was ok, though she hadn't managed a formal introduction with all the doctors and trying to think of a non-worrying explanation for why she had lost both shoes. She banished the thought, Loki would appear when he appeared, and when he did she could tell him she'd been using that frying pan to help cook breakfast in the morning.

She sighed again, feeling far too preoccupied with her own thoughts, and took a sip of her coffee. as soon as the substance flowed past her lips her face scrunched up. She put the cup down and glared at it. Cold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lian Bonfamille Desrosier

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Lian glanced around the cafe as he stepped into the place, smiling as he did so. A pastry and drink cafe. This seemed more like his atmosphere. It also sent his taste buds a flare at the smell of the sweets and coffee in the cafe. He was making his way over to a table before something caught his interest in the corner of his eye. Lian glanced over to the young girl with strawberry blonde hair, who seemed to be lost in thought. He observed so as she was still stirring her drink, with her chin rested in her hand. Oh yes. Her mind was elsewhere.

That was until the girl stopped stirring then took a sip of her coffee. He furrowed his eyebrows as her face scrunched before setting the cup down. He couldn't help but chuckle at her glare directed at the cup. Lian strolled over to the young female, tilting his head slightly at her as he reached the booth/table. "Sorry for being nosy. But is something the matter, miss?" Lian asked in a polite manner of tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Lena jumped as someone spoke to her, she looked up at him a little confused. "No, my coffee has just gone cold already." She said, still trying to work out the "nosy" comment. Her eyebrows knitted together, looking at him shrewdly. "I dont suppose your boss changed the no refills rule in the last five minutes?" She asked, breaking eye contact and starting to fiddle with her cup, the politeness was surely just an employee requirement, but it was still disconcerting a change after all the rudeness she had encountered in the city. With exceptions, of course, but they were exceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:23 am

Lian blinked in surprise as the woman mistakenly taken him for an employee at the cafe. He shook his head, giving the young female a sheepish. "I really can't say. I think you got me confused for an employee." The male quickly responded in an apologetic tone, giving her a a light smile. His politeness probably was the reason to why she pegged him for an employee. He just couldn't help himself. His curiosity always got the best of him.

"But I can ask one of the employees here or I could get you another coffee on the house?" he suggested to the young girl. He watched at the fact that she had broken eye contact with him and had started to fiddle with her cup. She didn't seem to be used to politeness. Well that was unfortunate. Something must have had affected her in this city. There weren't much polite people in this town, but Lian had been lucky enough to run into some good ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Lena's covered her mouth with her hand, eyes wide in surprise and embarrassment as she looked up at him. "I'm sorry" she said earnestly "It was just the way you worded it."

As he mentioned getting her a fresh cup she couldn't help but arch an eyebrow. "If you aren't an employee, how could it be on the house?" she asked, giggling a little and motioned to the seat across from her. "You could always join me, and we can discern whether or not you actually work here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 am

Lian rubbed the back of his neck lightly, giving the young girl a sheepish nod. "No worries. It was just a misunderstanding." He mentally wanted to face palm himself at him for wording something else the wrong way. Now he just felt silly today.

He hesitated before taking a seat across from the girl, giving her a light smile. "I meant that I could order another drink for you. It'll be my treat." he quipped in a bright tone. He hoped she didn't find this odd. Lian had always been looked at strangely and admired sometimes for his generous personality. Besides the young girl really look sweet and cute. She almost look like one of the fairies from the books that he read when he was young. Lian was a bit embarrassed to compare her to his favorite magical creature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:07 am

Lena covered her mouth to stifle a giggle again, the guy seemed so sweet, and so embarressed that she was teasing him. But she couldn't help herself.

"So, are you asking if you can buy me coffee?" She asked, still teasing a little. Behind him one of the other customers clocked Lena, a baker that had chased her down the street for hanging about when she was still homeless. He balked and glared at her over the boys shoulder, probably thinking she was up to no good. Lena stuck her tongue out at him and decided to ignore him for the rest of however long he was going to glare at her.

"I'm Lena" she said, holding out her hand to shake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 am

Lian smiled a bit nervously as the young girl covered her mouth, her expression seemed to be full of amusement. He didn't mind being teased. Even if he was feeling embarrassed for being so silly.

He nodded his head in response to her question. "That is correct. I'm sorry if what I said earlier was confusing." Lian sheepishly remarked, tilting his head at the young girl when she stuck her tongue out. Had that been at him? It couldn't have been. Lian glanced behind his shoulder to notice one of the customers who seemed to be glaring at the girl. Well looks like he found who she was sticking her tongue out at. Lian gave the male a smile, surprising the other man who looked away in embarrassment and surprise. Then he turned his attention back onto the girl who held out her hand for a shake while introducing herself. He put his hand out and grasped her hand gently, shaking it after saying with a slight french accent, "I'm Lian. Nice to meet you, Lena."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Lena quirked an eyebrow a moment, trying and failing to place where he was from. "What accent is that?" She asked outright, tucking a stray bit of hair behind her ear. She giggled again, watching the baker as he downed the last of his coffee and stormed out, casting disdainful looks at Lena, who waved at him, only proving to make him more upset. "He doesn't like me." She said, matter-of-factly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 pm

"French." Lian quipped quickly in a bright tone, raising an eyebrow as he noticed that the man had stormed out of the cafe. The girl waving at the older man seemed to have caused him more anger and stress. Well that was funny. "It would appear so." he chuckled softly in amusement. He tilted his head, giving the young girl a curious gaze. "Why doesn't he? You don't seem to be the kind to be unlikable." Lian asked in a curious tone, feeling like a child wanting to hear a story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Lena racked her brain for a moment, her head tilting to one side, trying to drag up some small memory of French she did know. "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" She asked, feigning some innocence as she said it, a mischevious glint in her eye.

She made a dismissive gesture about the mans attitude. "He's a baker a few blocks away, and he isn't keen on sharing leftovers." She said simply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Lian blinked in surprise at the young girl who spoke a single french question which would've caused other to blush at it. But he had caught sight of that mischievous glint in her eye. Trying to act innocent while asking that. It was amusing and kind of cute. "Eh bien vous n'êtes pas méchant." Lian remarked playfully, giving her a lively wink.

He furrowed his eyebrows at her comment about the baker. "Not keen on sharing leftovers? What do you mean by that?" Lian asked in a curious tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 am

Lena threw her hands up in surrender and giggle. "I have no clue what you just said." She admitted, fiddling with her hair, that would probably plague her all day now, why did she always have to pretend she was clever?

She laughed, though not unkindly, at his eagerness, he seemed almost like a child with a mystery to unravel. "Well you see-" She gave an involuntary yawn, covering her hand with her mouth, then shook her head a little to wake herself. "Sorry, I haven't been sleeping well lately." She said by way of explanation. "Where was I? Oh, yeah! So basically I was kinda homeless for a while and the bread he throws out at the end of the day is more edible than other places I found. But I guess I put off the customers once too many times hanging about." She said with a laugh and a shrug. Lena was not particularly ashamed of those few months, now that they were a thing of the past, she considered them simply something that happened, that allowed her to meet the two people who were most important to her then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

Lian laughed softly at the girl's act of surrender, grinning in amusement. "Well then. Best I keep what I said in secret." he chided, leaning back in his seat. Although her reaction might be amusing if he told her what he had said.

He furrowed his eyebrows as she yawned, quickly apologizing to him and explaining that she hadn't been sleeping well much. Lian couldn't help but worry about strangers that he knew nothing about. His parents always told him that this trait of his would get him in trouble. So far there hasn't been any yet. He blinked in surprised as she admitted to being homeless, eating bread that a baker threw out at the end of the day. Lian scratched slightly at his cheek a bit. "Well I can see why he has not much care for you. Bakers do tend to be haughty about their business, their presentation of their bakery means alot to them." Lian remarked with what he knew about most bakers that he known back in France.

"Seeing a homeless girl eating bread that had been thrown out at the bakery would definitely scare off some customers...But he shouldn't really be that mad though,"
Lian commented in a perplexed tone. He perked a bit at remembering that she had said that she was kind of homeless for a while. "So you're not homeless anymore?" Lian asked in a curious tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm

"Oh, it's ok, I get it." She said , a sad smile playing across her features as she fiddled with the handle of her coffee cup. Lena didn't like knowing people disliked her, it made her uneasy. Strangers on the street were one thing, they acted grumpy and mean to anyone they didn't know, but outright dislike felt a little unnerving.

Lena shook her head and chuckled. "No, I'm actually staying with a nice woman named Holli at the moment." She said simply "But enough about me, you haven't shared a thing. What's your story?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Lian widened his eyes, quickly looking down sheepishly. He hadn't meant to upset the young woman. Damn words...They always came out of his mouth without a thought really. "S-Sorry," Lian apologized sheepishly, giving the young girl a sheepish small smile. "Perhaps you should talk to him or something?" he suggested foolishly, biting his lip a bit at this idea. Perhaps it wasn't late for her to make amends with the baker.

The young man smiled a bit as hearing that she was currently living with someone. Before chuckling a bit at her question and accusation of him not sharing a thing about himself. "Just a mixed french man..trying to get away from a forced marriage proposal." Lian answered, giving her a few details, waiting to see if she wanted to know more or if she was satisfied with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:25 am

Lena chuckled a little. "Running away, huh? I know the feeling." She fiddled with her hair, starting to braid a small portion of it for something to do with her hands. "So what was the deal?" she asked, leaning in inquisitively. "Was she butt ugly?" She poked her tongue out cheekily and winked at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:49 am

Lian raised an eyebrow as the girl knew the feeling of running away. "You ran away from home as well?" he asked,tilting his head at her. Should he mention to her that he actually ran away from home to his Grandmother's house. It was a bit funny if you thought about it. He laughed a bit at her suggestion about his reason for not wanting to marry that woman. Lian shook his head a bit at the question, giving Lena an amused grin. "She was quite attractive. But she was also vain and conceited." He answered, wrinkling his nose a bit at the small memories of the woman. Even though they hadn't even talked to one another, the woman had suddenly pounced one day. Revealing her intentions in marrying him, soon enough Lian started to quickly notice her personality right away. "Besides why should I want to marry someone that I know nothing much of....and who just suddenly popped the question out of nowhere?" It was also a bit obvious that she and her parents wanted in on Lian's family's name and wealth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 am

"It was a whole thing." Lena said, her arms waving about as she talked "I almost got married to get out of that dead end place. She scrunched her nose at the memory. What a disaster that had almost been. "That does seem a little desperate." Lena conceded, her lips quirky upward into a smile. "but, are you sure you don't just have commitment issues?" She wondered if the girl had been desperate for an out, much like she had, if her own desperation had been as obvious at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Lian quirked an eyebrow at this, tilting his head at the young girl. "Must of really a dead end place to make you almost do that." he commented in slight surprise. Lian loved France and all. But it was a good thing that he liked exploring. If he didn't then he'd just try to hide from that woman and her family somewhere else in a neighboring country or another city in France. Lian shook his head, chuckling a bit at her suggestion. "It seems that both our families are up for the marriage which is most likely to help increase both families money I guess." Lian sighed. Then he added, "She didn't even try to get to know me...all she kept going on about was marriage stuff. Even when I refused." It had been so creepy and annoying at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Lena listened intently and poked scrunched her face up in slight disgust. "My mama always said people with money don't know how to be happy, cos they think the only way to be happy is with more money, 'stead of love."  She glanced at the blank space on the table in front of Lian, realising he had spent all this time talking to her and not remembered to order himself anything, her features softened and her lips quirked up into a smile.  "Maybe you should just drown your sorrows in coffee." She chuckled "Or vodka, I could go for either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:08 am

Lian chuckled lightly, giving the young girl a soft smile. "Sounds like your mama knows best then," he remarked, liking the quote that he had just heard. Lian didn't flaunt his money much at all, but it was very handy when it came to traveling though. He blinked in surprise once he noticed that he hadn't ordered anything yet. Well shoot. That was a tad bit embarrassing. "Don't think they have that here," Lian remarked in a teasing tone, already knowing that she knew that. She was just messing around. Lian did call over a waitress and ordered two coffees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:16 am

Lena's eyes misted over, home was a conflicting thought. She missed her mother, she missed the cherry tree that reached up to her window , and the soft petals it scattered around her bedroom on windy days. But there were things she didn't miss, things she would never miss.

The crackle of the radio hovered on the air, merging into the clinking and chatting and general atmosphere of the room, like the soundtrack of a 90s indie film, because back then the music always fit and nobody ever questioned it. She hummed along with the familiar song, a smile playing across her lips  as Lian teased her.  "I dunno if my mama was as right as she wanted to be." She said, part of her wishing there was alcohol present just to deal with the thought. "Not always, anyway."

[[radio song]]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]   

Back to top Go down

A Spoonful Of Sugar [Liam]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1