The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 am

"Alright, Miss Delgado, you're cleared to go." The nurse smiled brightly at her. "Do you need any help dressing?"

"No, thank you. I've got it." Sara answered. When the nurse left and closed the door behind her, Sara got the bag with the change of clothes one of the girls at work brought her. Dressing was a bit painful, but the fact she could was wonderful. It'd been a long few weeks, and she was itching to get home. Once she was back in normal clothes, Sara got out her phone to call Candice to let her know she'd been discharged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:16 am

Riddick stood aside as the nurse exited, she examined him carefully, stopping to stare Riddick. When she doesn't continue moving, Riddick squints his eyes at her in a confused expression that read: "May I help you?" The nurse quickly scurried away and Riddick entered the room further and leaned on the wall where Sara could see him. She was trying to make a phone call so he'd wait. Perhaps he'd wait to tell her this for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 am

"Yeah, it's on the second floor." Sara told Candice, balancing her phone on her shoulder while she gathered her things into her bag. "First right after you get off the elevator, third door on the left. I'll see you in a bit, Candi. Bye, sweetie." She ended the call and tucked her phone into her pants pocket. She turned to pick up her flip flops off the floor near her bed and blinked when she saw Riddick. "Oh, hey. Didn't hear you come in." she said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:32 am

Riddick doesn't smile at first but he forces a toothless one for her. "Yeah." He looks down at his shoes. "Your friend is coming for you...so I'll make this as quick as I can." Riddick says before he looks up at her, his face filling with pain at the thought of having to do this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 am

Sara looked at him curiously when he looked down. That smile he'd given her didn't...seem right. Something like fear coiled in her gut. At his words and the next look he gave her, a chill ran through her. She laid a hand on top of her bag, something to keep her grounded. "Riddick?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:52 am

"Uh Sara...I..." Riddick was getting choked up. "I think it's best...if...if you didn't see me anymore. I think that you're safer on your own. That you're safer without...me." He says very slowly and carefully, trying hi best to keep his composure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 am

Sara was unusually calm. She stared at him for a moment, then turned and gently placed her flip flops in the bag, quietly zipping the top closed. She just stands there for a moment, then said, "At least you did it face to face." She looked out of the window by her bed, still not turning to face him. "Not a lot of people do that anymore. It's so much easier over the phone or in an email. So much safer."

She felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. Candice letting her know she'd arrived, probably. Good. She could use an escape right then. She picked up her bag and put it on her shoulder, finally turning to face him. There were no tears, there was nothing to suggest what was simmering underneath the surface.

"Goodbye, Riddick." She said softly, moving to walk past him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 am

Riddick wanted to say something to her. But what was he to say? "Sara, I'm sorry." He began, but she was already walking away. He grabs her wrist without turning. "Baby, please."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:30 am

Sara stilled, but didn't look at him either. She couldn't look at him again. The phone buzzed again. "That supposed to make it better?" she said, "Saying that to me?" She freed herself from his grip, and shoved her hands into her pockets. She didn't want him touching her again. She couldn't take it. "We just forget it and move on." Make it a footnote, one little line easily forgotten. Just forget. Always forget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:45 am

Riddick could feel the sword in his heart deepen at her harsh words, "It's not supposed to make it better, Sara. It's supposed to make it easier." He says, his voice raising slightly. "Forgetting it won't help Sara. It'll make it worse...I'm trying to keep you safe...if you can't see that then...I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I pursued this knowing the consequences."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:50 am

"No...I can see it." Sara told him. "I believe you." She wrapped her hand around her phone. She looked down at her feet, her hair hiding her face, hiding him from her. She was all but starting to cave in on herself. "It...it was nice while it lasted...right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:58 am

Riddick opens his mouth to apologize again before he closed it. "Yes." He answers quietly. "It was."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 am

"Well at least there's that." Sara straightened up, and stepped into the hall. She faced forward and stepped onto the elevator. When the doors closed, she reached up to wipe her face dry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]   

Back to top Go down

If I Had a Heart [TAG: Riddick]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1