Gods & Monsters

The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:43 pm

"...the commissioner was unable to give a comment. So the alleged disappearance of 3 local Attica residents, 2 being officers, are still under investigation. We have on scene for interview, a man who claims to be an affected party."

Adelaide watched the television from her home office chair, her hand petting the spine of the cat that lay on her lap.

The bronze-skinned news reporter, a Ms. Hale, held the microphone up to a very disgruntled middle-aged man. "Yeah, I heard about the kidnappings. I also heard about the damn $10,000 of medical bills I'm going to have to pay for my son in the hospital because of the shooting! Here's my question though, when is the fucking mayor gonna do something about i-" The television screen flashed white before fading into a black, empty screen. Adelaide put the remote down. Her cat jumped off of her lap as she stood.

A servant scurried into the office, knocking on the door with a concerned look. "Umm, mayor! H-He's here."

The mayor turned around slowly from behind her desk, her face a display of absolute dissatisfaction.
"Bring him to me. And lock the doors."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Riddick followed the house servant all around the house it felt like. He didn't mind it though, gave him an excuse to examine everything and memorize the layout. So he remained silent and only gave her gruff, intimidating one word replies. When she finally led him down a hall that he knew was the mayor's office.

Riddick couldn't help but stare down at the cat hissing at him with a fierce expression. The cat backed under a table; silencing completely. Riddick looked down at the servant as he passed, also giving her a fierce expression. Se shrunk away and closed the doors. Riddick heard a click and he stares at the doors for a minute, examining ways to break them down if needed.

He finally looks to the mayor. "You called for me?" He says more as a statement and cocks his head slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Adelaide had her back turned to Riddick when he entered the room. She pulled the blinds down from the wall-length windows, making sure that nobody could try and see what was going on. This was a matter that had to be discussed in a much more private place than City Hall. The only obstacle here was Lian, but he was out exploring the town as she had planned accordingly.

The mayor faced the man with a neutral face and walked over to her desk again before pouring a glass of water from her pitcher. "Yes. Take a seat." She courteously gestured to the chair in front of the desk as she sat down in her own. "Water?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Riddick looked at the seat then looked at her. "No thank you." He says with harsh politeness. He hoped that she didn't actually expect him to sit. If his premonition was correct, he'd have to fight his way out of here. What kind of official calls an assassin to their home unless they want them killed? They'll give a job, and then kill you, and that's how it happens. Not to him, but it had happen before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Adelaide raised an eyebrow as he didn't sit, but kept her expression neutral.
"Suit yourself. It isn't poison, if that's what you're wondering." Filling her own glass, she took a small sip as her cat jumped onto her lap once more. As she finished, she let out a sigh of relief and gave him a coy smile. "See? I'm still kicking."

She put down her drink and began petting the cat with her free hand. "I can sense your suspicion, me calling you here to my home. Sounds awfully suspicious." The mayor spoke, nodding her head a little bit with a pout. "But I don't want you to feel that way. There's nothing for you to worry about, my boy." Her cat began purring as a friendly smile curled onto her lips. "And besides, I don't get my hands dirty when my children are watching." She laughed softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:58 pm

"Naturally I'm very suspicious. Government officials don't usually have anything too serious to say. Let me guess, you want me to kill somebody. In my experience, when people tell me not to worry, it's because they're trying to kill me...or sleep with me." Riddick says to her, folding his arms across his chest. "Or are you just expecting me to do anything for money." Riddick was no mercenary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 pm

The mayor laughed a little bit. After she was done, she shook her head with a smile.

Adelaide rolled her chair backwards and turned on the television. It was now muted, but still showed the news coverage of the aftermath of the gang shooting at the gala. She watched the television while speaking to him. "I have been the mayor of this city for 33 years. In all my years, crime has never been higher than it is now. I tried to push the cops, but look what happened." Sighing, she glanced back to Riddick calmly.

Her face was stoic, and her eyes showed she was being honest. "I would die before I let this city crumble before me. What I want isn't as easily attainable by law." Adelaide swiveled her chair to face him again before looking him in the eyes. "Money is materialistic. I know what it is you truly want."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:28 pm

"Crime's going to always be high, no matter what you do. Cops just aggravate them, as you can see." Riddick nods towards the television. He then arches a brow at the mayor. What could she possibly know? "What is it that I truly want then?" He'd like to know himself. A smirk crossing his lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:37 pm

The mayor didn't change her expression as he spoke. "I'm sorry to hear about her injury." She said, looking down at her kitty.
"Miss Delgado is her name, no?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Riddick's eyes narrow. The government officials were all the same. They go straight for where it hurts most. A lot like him. Riddick smirks before he starts to laugh. "Indeed. Miss Delgado has been an especially nice contribution to my life." Riddick turns her neck to the side, a loud crack echoing. "And if you hurt her in any shape or form, you'll find that son yours face down in kitty litter." He says darkly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 pm

A light in Adelaide's eyes lit when she noticed she did hit a nerve with that name. She had eyes all over this city, and she had made sure to keep special tabs on certain people of interest.

"My boy, no no no, I don't wish to hurt her--or you at all." She said calmly before her lips curled into a smile. "Come on. I'm a cool grandma," she said with a wink before breaking into a loud laugh causing her kitty to look up. After a few moments passed, her laughter faded and she gave a friendly smile to Riddick. "Miss Delgado is in a position that I have been in before. Never would I harm such a girl. For your services, I would like to help both of you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:06 pm

"Then why mention her?" Riddick asks tightly, losing patience with the old woman. Riddick didn't like this back and forth game she was playing. "This isn't cat and mouse. What do you want from me?" He demands, ready to go. The mention of Sara put him in a bad mood. She was in deeper than he'd thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Adelaide furrowed her eyebrows a little bit. "I said, I wanted to help both of you." She repeated a little louder, wondering if his ears were blocked.

"I want you to work for me. In return, I can offer both of you a nice home, payment of her current medical bills, government security for your little past activities, and any other items that would ensure both of you a prosperous life together, within legal boundaries." Adelaide said, a friendly smile back on her face. She had made it crystal clear to him this time so maybe he would get rid of that attitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Riddick stares at the mayor a long time. "I don't need government security, and I don't need to get involved in corruption with the government. When you people go down, you go down. Hard. If I accept this offer from you, I need absolutely no connections Sara. She's get thrown in jail or worse." Riddick's eyes narrow at her. "Keep her out of all of this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adelaide Bonfamille

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Adelaide furrowed her eyebrows even more. Kids these days, she thought. Negotiations were so much simpler back then. She locked her hands together, leaning onto the desk. To this cue, her cat hopped off of her lap and left through a hidden cat door in the room.

"Listen here, young man. What I need from you is only your skills. If not for her, you would just be another con on the streets to me. I have known Sara's family for years and would like to offer protection to her, even if that removes you from the picture." Her eyes never left Riddick. Adelaide was set on helping Sara no matter what, as she always had a soft spot for people in her situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard B. Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Riddick sighs. For Sara. "Fine." Riddick says. "Fine. I'll accept it. But only for her. This has nothing to do with you." He clarifies firmly, pointing a finger at her. "What do you need me to do first?" He inquires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)   

Back to top Go down

Drastic Times and Drastic Measures (Post-Gala, Tag: Riddick)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1