Gods & Monsters

The Gods and Monsters Roleplay
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Event #2 - The Grand Gala

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki

avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 pm

He snickered again at her response, and decided to finally order himself something to drink. While contentedly sippin on his glass, keeping his eyes on her for the moment. He didn't miss the small sighs that showed the alcohol was apparently starting to take their effect on the girl, and held back another amused smirk at her giggle.
How come almost everyone I know are such lightweights? he thought to himself, clearly entertained by this little realization of his.

"Act like they're better than the rest," he said in a matter of fact voice, looking very serious for a short moment. Putting away his now empty glass, he moved until he stood right beside her and gently took her hand in his, back to giving her his trademark smirk, but this time it held something more soft to it. "Or they just try and dance," he added, nodding towards the dancefloor. "Wanna try it out?"

From the corner of his eyes, he saw a tanned woman randomly grab hold of some guy and ragg him off the dancefloor, stopping somewhere not to far enough from where he and Lena. He gave her blank look, before shrugging it off and focusing back on the redhead at his side, leading her a little further away. He wasn't that concerned, there were alot of drunk people around from even before the gala began after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Milo smiled softly at Connor's comment about him being lucky and Loki being so persistent. he was hoping that Loki brought along the other male to the Gala to get him out more. Just not to fluster Milo. even if it was to fluster him, it wasn't working due to Connor's awkwardness. So he hope that would disappoint the trickster. Although he did have to thank him for bringing the other male to the Gala. Milo was really having a wonderful time with dancing with the male. He watched as Connor opened his mouth to say something, but didn't get to hear what he tried to say as he felt himself suddenly pulled out of the male's arms into another set of arms.

He looked up in surprise to see that he was in the arms on Terry, lightly blushing at this. This was a bit unexpected to being dancing with his friend, who Milo couldn't help but think was attractive as well. Although he didn't want Terry to know that. It would be very embarrassing for Milo for that to happen. His lips quirked up in an amused smile, quirking an eyebrow up at the other male. "That's okay, I did come with you after all right?" Milo remarked, nodding his head slightly to the other. Well at least he didn't worry about the other male anymore and feeling bad about leaving him alone with that woman. Thinking he was a bit selfish for trying to dance with Connor for two songs.

Speaking of the Connor, Milo glanced around and spotted the male dancing with a middle-age woman, feeling a bit better that it hadn't shocked Connor or embarrassed him when the partners had switched. He was a bit glad that he taught Connor to dance some before that happened. Then brown eyes turned their attention back up at Terry. "So what happened to the man-eater?" Milo teased, giving Terry an apologetic grin. That middle-aged woman dancing with Connor was definitely not the man-eater from before. Perhaps Terry had ditched her a while ago. It seemed so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Terry noticed Milo's blush and felt a mix of guilt and satisfaction. Did he steal him away from an intimate moment? It never occured to him that Milo was blushing about dancing with Terry. As far as he knew Milo only saw him as a friend. Milo's smile prompted him to smile in return. Though the feeling of jealousy returned. He shrugged though, mindful to stay near Connor and his partner. "A promise is a promise. I just wanted to talk for a moment, and since we were both dancing, well..." He gave a low, soft chuckle.

Terry spun Milo, making a small face at the mention of the man-eater. "Her. A friend actually rescued me from her awhile ago and we sampled the food together" Terry grinned. "You need to try the chocolate cake. It is heavenly"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Lena tried to look haughty for a moment, striking a pose with her hands on her hips, her nose in the air and a look of general disgust on her face. She felt so comically short that she started laughing out loud at herself, before turning to Loki and saying "Yeah, still hard to be high and mighty when you're only 4'5."

Her face softened into a smile when he took her hand and asked her to dance. "Sweetheart, I was born to dance." She said, backing to playing the dramatic aristocrat for a moment, before grinning mischievously at him and leading him out onto the floor. "Let's give the stiffs a run for their money" she whispered to him with a wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak Sinclair

avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Jasmine al-Rashid wrote:
(NOOOO!!!! *grabs Jason*)
Jasmine felt her heart sink as she watched him walk off, "Jason." She whispered as she stared after him.  Had she perhaps gone too far?  She had done the right thing hadn't she?  Though watching him walk off like that made her wonder, in all the years she had known him he had never reacted like that before.  She suddenly felt extremely lost and before she knew what she was about, she had run out of the ballroom pushing her way past other couples.  Everything felt too stifling all of a sudden, she needed to get out she wasn't sure where she would go but she couldn't stand being there anymore.
(

After Zak waved to the Barbara as she turned and left, his attention immediately switched back over to Jasmine and the Jason character. As he gotten a good, better look of the male, he slightly paled the the memories of his younger self sneakily following after Milo one day. He had wanted to know what the guy was up to, especially since Helga had been worrying. Well he had accidentally followed Milo onto a mission, with Jason as his partner. Jason had been quick to know that he'd been following them and had almost shot him clear in the head, if it weren't for Milo discouraging him to do so. All he knew about that male was that he didn't ask questions. Just went for his target or anyone that was in the way.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sight of Jasmine running off as she pushed through the crowds out of the ballroom. He cursed softly under his breath as he glanced over at Jason before at the direction of where Jasmine headed. Soon Zak made his way through the people towards Jasmine, wondering what had happened. Had that male upset her? The thought really angered him. "J-Jasmine? What's wrong?" he called out before grabbing her hand..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Jasmine felt her heart race as she struggled to get air in, her whole body was shaking from some unknown emotion. As she heard Zak's voice she turned to look at him with wide eyes, "Zak." She whispered and then flung herself into his arms. "I'm so confused Zak." She said quietly as she held onto him very tightly. She lifted her gaze to look up at him, "I'm having all these feelings and...I don't know what they mean." She admitted quietly as she rested her head on his chest. She felt a little calmer now and not so frazzled, enough that she raised her head and looked up at him with a sad smile on her face. "I didn't mean to make you worry Zak...I'm just confused." She said gently as she moved to squeeze his hand with her own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:00 am

Terry McGinnis wrote:
Terry noticed Milo's blush and felt a mix of guilt and satisfaction. Did he steal him away from an intimate moment? It never occured to him that Milo was blushing about dancing with Terry. As far as he knew Milo only saw him as a friend. Milo's smile prompted him to smile in return. Though the feeling of jealousy returned. He shrugged though, mindful to stay near Connor and his partner. "A promise is a promise. I just wanted to talk for a moment, and since we were both dancing, well..." He gave a low, soft chuckle.

Terry spun Milo, making a small face at the mention of the man-eater. "Her. A friend actually rescued me from her awhile ago and we sampled the food together" Terry grinned. "You need to try the chocolate cake. It is heavenly"

"You thought switching partners would be fun plan right?" Milo remarked in a playful,amused tone. It didn't bother him much if that was the case. It didn't look like it affected Connor much really, so it wasn't a bad thing. Although it did feel odd to be dancing with terry even though they were friends. "Also if I dance to one more song, my legs are going to give out." he chuckled lightly, giving Terry a sheepish grin, noticing that the male was trying to keep them close to Connor and the woman. Though he knew how to dance, he didn't dance that much. Although it was delightful to dance with people that he knew.

As Terry spun him around, he caught a glimpse of the male's expression at the mention of the man-eater. "Well are they such a thoughtful friend," Milo chuckled amused, finding it to be ironic him unintentionally leaving Terry behind with her and his other friend saving him from the woman. Milo raised an eyebrow at the mention of chocolate cake, tilting his head at the male. "Oh? Cake always sounds divine to me due to my sweet tooth," he mused, a bit tempted to have a slice if Terry thought highly of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 am

Terry chuckled. "Guilty as charged, sorry Milo. Connor's doing well, though" He wasn't as good on his feet as Milo or Terry, but he didn't seem to be doing too badly. Terry smiled. "Well...maybe you, I, and Connor can take a break when this song is over" It twinged, saying that they could take a break with Connor, but Terry wanted to spend the evening with Milo, and if that meant spending time with Connor too, okay.

Terry chuckled. "They really are" And they still hadn't gotten each other's names. He grinned. "Whoever made it is brilliant at baking. We can get some when we stop dancing"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak Sinclair

avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

Jasmine al-Rashid wrote:
Jasmine felt her heart race as she struggled to get air in, her whole body was shaking from some unknown emotion.  As she heard Zak's voice she turned to look at him with wide eyes, "Zak." She whispered and then flung herself into his arms.  "I'm so confused Zak." She said quietly as she held onto him very tightly.  She lifted her gaze to look up at him, "I'm having all these feelings and...I don't know what they mean." She admitted quietly as she rested her head on his chest. She felt a little calmer now and not so frazzled, enough that she raised her head and looked up at him with a sad smile on her face.  "I didn't mean to make you worry Zak...I'm just confused." She said gently as she moved to squeeze his hand with her own.

Zak's widened his eyes at the sight of Jasmine as she turned around to look at him, looking frightened and confused. What in the heck happened when he had been talking to Barbara? He blinked in surprise as she flung herself into his arms which immediately wrapped around her protectively. "Jasmine..." he murmured softly under his breath, as he listened to her admit about her having confused feelings So something must have happened between those two after all then. He sighed softly before returning a smile back down at Jasmine. "You have feelings for that guy, I believe." Zak remarked, saying it as a guess to what her confused feelings had meant. He shook his head, repressing the feelings of sadness that had begun to arise within him. "It's okay to worry me, Jasmine. It gives me a hint that something's wrong." he added, with a small smile. Zak had a feeling that something like this would happen sooner or later. But it wasn't going to stop him from achieving his goal and wish for Jasmine. He didn't want her to stay in that business for the rest of her life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:46 am

{OOC: Connor can have the dance soon end and join the two in his post, if you want <3 Up to you Connor <3333}

Milo chuckled a bit at Terry's remark, side glancing over to Connor who did seemed to be dancing fairly well with the woman. He nodded his head to Terry's suggestion of taking a break after the song. "I'd like that. It'll probably be a relief for Connor to stop dancing as well," Milo commented as he returned his gaze back on to Terry. He beamed brightly at the mention of getting a slice of cake after the dance, eager to see if the cake was that divine as Terry said it was.

His thoughts soon flitted back to Loki, remembering the events from earlier. "Oh! I forgot to say this before we were separated. Don't ever take what that kid says to heart, he likes to meddle into people's lives." Milo mumbled in distaste, sighing softly. The kid really needed to stop messing around with Milo's love life. Loki had even tried to involve his friend in it as well. Surely the kid knew that Terry was only a friend, although he couldn't blame Loki for knowing his type so well. "Now that he's seen you....I'm sorry to say that he's going to pester you." Milo remarked with an apologetic smile. If you got the trickster to lay his eyes on you, then you'll forever be on his pester list.


Last edited by Milo Thatch on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:00 am

She blinked at him in surprise, "What? No! I...I can't have feelings for anybody you know that." She said as she looked away from him. She sighed and released him, "Besides even if I...had feelings for him, he doesn't like me back." She said with a short laugh. "I mean sure...we have had out fun together but its only been just fun and games. He pays well and even if he can be a pain in the ass, he still looks out for me...like you." She said as she looked back up at Zak. "You're always there for me and I...I don't think I tell you how much I appreciate that often enough." She said as she gave him a small smile. "So thank you, you're way more then I deserve." She said quietly but honestly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak Sinclair

avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:31 am

Jasmine al-Rashid wrote:
She blinked at him in surprise, "What?  No!  I...I can't have feelings for anybody you know that." She said as she looked away from him.  She sighed and released him, "Besides even if I...had feelings for him, he doesn't like me back." She said with a short laugh.  "I mean sure...we have had out fun together but its only been just fun and games.  He pays well and even if he can be a pain in the ass, he still looks out for me...like you." She said as she looked back up at Zak.  "You're always there for me and I...I don't think I tell you how much I appreciate that often enough." She said as she gave him a small smile. "So thank you, you're way more then I deserve." She said quietly but honestly.

Zak grimaced slightly as Jasmine blinked up at him in surprise and saying what he hadn't want to hear ever from her. He shook his head quickly, refusing her to say such a thing. "Yes, you can, Jasmine. You're human like everyone else is, you have the right to have feelings." He interjected in a serious, stern pleasing tone, wanting her to understand. Zak felt a twinge of pain at hearing her speak out the other male, but didn't let it it waver him in the slightest bit. But smiled a bit at her comment about Zak, making him feel a bit better. There was a reason why he didn't reciprocate a kiss with that Barbara woman. He knew that he had feelings for Jasmine, it wasn't that hard to figure out anymore for him. But right now he only cared for her feelings, not his right now. Her feelings were his priority.

"That woman who I had been talking to had mentioned about you and that guy knowing each other since childhood and that he was very protective of you also." Zak said, chewing his lip as he tried to figure out what he wanted to say or ask. A moment of silence fell between the two until Zak opened his mouth to remark, "Are you sure that he doesn't like you? He probably has trouble with feelings as well." he had noticed that the male had looked a bit strange before Zak had ran after Jasmine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 am

Jasmine gave him a sad smile, "I can't...the last time a girl tried a relationship, she was...well she wasn't able to work for a long time." She said shuddering as she thought about it. "I mean...its a lovely dream, but that's all it'll ever be for me." She said with a shrug. She had long ago abandoned the hope that she would ever be free from her current position. At his comment, she smiled again "Yeah...we grew up together, he watched out for me. As we got older though, I saw him less and eventually the only times I saw him was when he was able to get away. He's really good at his job, and even though I sometimes can't stand him I'm always relieved to know he's still alive." She admitted. Her hand traced a scar on her wrist, at his question though she let out a little laugh. "I...I don't know, I think he just likes annoying me. I..I'm not going to think that he may like me, I mean he's rude, insufferable..and...and rude." She said not seeming to realize that she had said the same word twice. Her hands twisted in the fabric of her dress as she pulled at it nervously. "I feel like I'm caught in some whirlpool and I don't know how to get out." Jasmine admitted with a soft tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:09 am

Dean Mccoppin wrote:

Ok, Dean couldn't argue with that. Maybe if he stopped with his rude and indifferent attitude to the mob boss the threats would die down to some extent?
Dean scoffed at the idea, knowing it really didn't matter how he acted towards Korso. The guy was overprotective as hell, so even if Dean had acted like a scared little coward wetting his pants every time Korso turned up, the threats would've kept coming either way. It's thanks to Annie that he hasn't been assassinated yet.
He wasn't stupid though, and treated Korso at least with respect (well, the little he had left to offer people...) and did watch his tounge around the man. He'd mostly just let Annine handle the guy everytime he appeard, or left the room if she wasn't there to act as a shield for him.
He gave her an unamused look when she asked him why she shouldn't have brought him here, knowing she was clearly enjoying this. For some reason, she enjoys his grumpy and bored company. "You're so taking advantage of my soft spot for you," he snickered, ordering himself a new drink as well.

Annie tilted her head, smiling innocently at Dean ignoring his unamused look. "I tend to do that quite often, don't I? Although I don't regret it." she remarked with a pleased smirk before receiving her drink and taking a sip of the liquor. Annie was going to need more of this stuff while she was here. Who knew how long the other bartender was going to be in her company for. She wasn't taking any chances.

Her eyes roamed over the dance floor, checking to see who was here at the ball and to see how they were doing. "Way to go Milo," she murmured under her breath as she watched her friend get swept away from the male prostitute that she still remembered from that time, Connor was his name she speculated, by another dashing young male. Annie was going to have her fun teasing him the next time she saw Milo. Evergreen eyes continued to scan over the dancers, completely freezing on a familiar face. There stood the known trickster conversing with a young pretty girl. So there was no age limit for the Gala either it seemed. But at least the male didn't seem to be annoying the girl, although a bit suspicious that the two were near another bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak Sinclair

avatar

Posts : 51
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:18 am

Jasmine al-Rashid wrote:
Jasmine gave him a sad smile, "I can't...the last time a girl tried a relationship, she was...well she wasn't able to work for a long time." She said shuddering as she thought about it.  "I mean...its a lovely dream, but that's all it'll ever be for me." She said with a shrug.  She had long ago abandoned the hope that she would ever be free from her current position.  At his comment, she smiled again "Yeah...we grew up together, he watched out for me.  As we got older though, I saw him less and eventually the only times I saw him was when he was able to get away.  He's really good at his job, and even though I sometimes can't stand him I'm always relieved to know he's still alive." She admitted.  Her hand traced a scar on her wrist, at his question though she let out a little laugh.  "I...I don't know, I think he just likes annoying me.  I..I'm not going to think that he may like me, I mean he's rude, insufferable..and...and rude." She said not seeming to realize that she had said the same word twice.  Her hands twisted in the fabric of her dress as she pulled at it nervously.  "I feel like I'm caught in some whirlpool and I don't know how to get out." Jasmine admitted with a soft tone.

Zak didn't like sound of that, seeing that the girl had shuddered after commenting about another girl. "It shouldn't be a dream, Jasmine." he murmured, tilting his head to the side at the woman. His lips quirked into a smile as he noticed that she began to smile a bit as well at his earlier comment. His gaze was soon attracted to her hands as her fingers tracing a scar among her wrist, wondering what happened there for a split second. Zak couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she repeated the same word twice. "You're just proving me more evidence of you two liking each other." he remarked, quirking an eyebrow down at Jasmine. A bit concerned as she started to become more nervous and at her latest comment. "You're not going to get out of it until you speak to him." Zak murmured, shrugging his shoulders lightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 am

Lena Thumbe wrote:
Lena tried to look haughty for a moment, striking a pose with her hands on her hips, her nose in the air and a look of general disgust on her face. She felt so comically short that she started laughing out loud at herself, before turning to Loki and saying "Yeah, still hard to be high and mighty when you're only 4'5."

Her face softened into a smile when he took her hand and asked her to dance. "Sweetheart, I was born to dance." She said, backing to playing the dramatic aristocrat for a moment, before grinning mischievously at him and leading him out onto the floor. "Let's give the stiffs a run for their money" she whispered to him with a wink.

"At least that makes me feel better," Loki winked teasingly at her, not gonna deny the pleased feeling of for once being a little taller than someone else. And besides, the short height suited Lena.
He blinked when their roles go reversed a little, but happily let Lena take the lead as she pulled him out onto the dancefloor. "Do try not to step on my feet," he whispered back, returning the wink while placing one hand on her waist, once again taking the lead as they began their dance.
Loki had never been a big fan when it came to dancing, to be quite honest. But one would blame his mother for all those 'dancing-lessons' she enjoyed giving him years back, so let's just say he knew enough to not trip over his or someone elses feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

avatar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 am

(OOC: So I'm gonna be at work until evening time. Hopefully this won't get too far ahead of me)

In the eyes of Milo and Terry, whenever they did look at the other male, he was indeed doing alright. In truth he was still having a bit trouble. Or perhaps it was just in his mind? He certainly felt like he wasn't doing all that great, with his slow and unsure steps and his inability to twirl his partner about like he seen other people (not terry, he wasn't looking their way at all. totally) do. But his dance partner didn't seem to mind, then again maybe it had to do with what she was drinking before she was placed in his arms?

Though he had to admit, it was a bit of fun and not nearly as nerve wrecking as dancing with Milo. But he also liked dancing with the other man and kind of wanted to go back to that. Despite his best efforts, his gaze did occasionally go towards where the shorter man had been stolen away to. And whenever he did, he would see a smile on both their faces before looking back at his partner as he tried to push away the ugly feeling in his chest.

He refused to acknowledge what it most likely was. Couldn't afford to acknowledge it.

The song came to an end and the muscular raven-haired man gave a tiny polite smile before stepping away from the woman who had been nice enough about his lack of dancing skills. "It was uh.. nice dancing with you." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. His eyes once again drifted over to where Milo and Terry were, and Connor was met with a strong urge to go over to them. But... was that ok? Would they even want him around? Or did they only want to hang out with each other now?

The prostitute hated feeling like a lost puppy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:01 am

{OOC: It probably won't get far ahead, I hope xD Since I'll be at work from 10:30 am-5 p too <3 (9 am already qwq)}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason Todd

avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2014-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Zippy Zeno Xenos wrote:
Zipporah blinked, starring at back at Jason. She then quirked a eyebrow back at him and dropped her head a bit. She looked him over a bit, as if she was trying to decide something. She closed her eyes and opened them again to look innocent, decide she could test her actress limit. I can play it all off in my favor, it will be just like gambling. She pulled out his ID and walked over to him. She started off, "Hey there. I kind of found this." She held up Jason's ID and flashed it in his face. "I did not know if you lost, if it got taken off of you, or if you needed it back." She waved the his card back and forth in face. "Would you mind if I kept or held on to it?" She questioned, pouting a little with a raised eyebrow.

Jason's expression had stayed completly blank during Tzipporah's whole little 'preformance', neither amused or botherd really. As she had stalked over to him and began talking, Jason's eyes had glanced back over to where he'd left Jasimne and just caught her form leaving the dancefloor, with that blonde kid he'd recognised following her.
He let out a soft sigh at this, frowning slightly to himself and for a short moment forgot about the other woman now standing infront of him. That is, until she suddenly started to wave something back and forth right in his face. Without as much as blinking, he grabbed her wrist and stopped it's movements, giving the card in her hand a quick look before letting her go.
Like hell he fucking dropped it, this woman had obviously stolen it. However, Jason didn't seem that concerned over this, and his blank and unreadable expression was still in place. "Keep it, I don't care," he said offhandedly.
That one was one of his many fake ones afterall. The only thing true about it was his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dean Mccoppin

avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Annie Hughes wrote:
Annie tilted her head, smiling innocently at Dean ignoring his unamused look. "I tend to do that quite often, don't I? Although I don't regret it." she remarked with a pleased smirk before receiving her drink and taking a sip of the liquor. Annie was going to need more of this stuff while she was here. Who knew how long the other bartender was going to be in her company for. She wasn't taking any chances.

Her eyes roamed over the dance floor, checking to see who was here at the ball and to see how they were doing. "Way to go Milo," she murmured under her breath as she watched her friend get swept away from the male prostitute that she still remembered from that time, Connor was his name she speculated, by another dashing young male. Annie was going to have her fun teasing him the next time she saw Milo. Evergreen eyes continued to scan over the dancers, completely freezing on a familiar face. There stood the known trickster conversing with a young pretty girl. So there was no age limit for the Gala either it seemed. But at least the male didn't seem to be annoying the girl, although a bit suspicious that the two were near another bar.

"Why do I like you so much again?" Dean sighed overdramaticlly, sipping loudly on his drink to try and hide his small, yet found smile for the woman.
When a comfrotble silence settles bewteen them, Dean let his gaze roam over the dancefloor as well, and caught sight of the young Thatch as well, whistling to himself somewhat impressed. Not that he exactly doubet the young man's social skills (he would have to care to do that), but still, he wouldn't deny it was nice to see Milo hanging around someone that didn't seem to drive him insane.
Noticng Annie's focus had landed somewhere else, Dean followed her gaze curiously until he spotted the little trickster too, and much to his surprise with a girl his age, and NOT appearing to be the pain in the ass he enjoys so much.
He quirked an eyebrow, quickly deciding to stay as far away from him as possible for his own sake in case things went crazy(like it usually did when the brat's invovled).
He caught the suspicous look Annine was giving the two teens, and gently gestured for her to turn her head the other way. He understood why she was giving them the 'look' but was not her respnsability. She wasn't on duty now afterall, she was here to relax and enjoy the evening.
"Let someone else worry about underage getting shit-faced tonight," he snickerd, patting her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 am

Terry nodded, glancing at Connor. It'd probably be good for all of them to take a break, and he was willing to let Connor join he and Milo, if only to talk to Connor about their glasses wearing friend.

Terry shrugged. "He acted a little like my brother, really. He seemed annoying but mostly harmless" Loki might prove to be extremely annoying, but for now he just seemed to be a friend with well-meaning, if weird, intentions. When the song ended, Terry caught Connor's attention and gestured for him to come over. Terry had to admit, the guy looked like an adorable (and smoking hot) lost puppy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

avatar

Posts : 256
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:36 am

Milo chuckled softly at this, before shrugging his shoulders. "That kid is not harmless at all. So don't be fooled." he warned Terry, shaking his head lightly at this. Milo still hadn't have had the time to talk to Loki about Jason and what was spoken about him. He still wanted to know why he couldn't put his trust in the kid, like Jason warned him not to do that day.

His thoughts of this was soon pushed back in his head, once the dance was over and Milo waved over at Connor as a hint to come over to them as well. He had noticed the male's gaze had drifted over to them and that he looked a bit perplexed like he was struggling over a decision of some kind. Almost looked like a lost puppy to Milo's eyes. Was this how Connor had viewed him as at the brothel? It seemed really possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

avatar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 am

It wasn't to long after he had glanced at the two older men that they both seemed to look his way. Cheeks flushed a light pink and being caught looking their way, as if it was something he shouldn't be doing. Which was a bit silly, but the fact remained the same. Both men gestured him over, as if sensing his dilemma, and Connor blinked.

There was hesitance, not entirely sure if they were truly gesturing him over and if so for what purpose, but after a moment he gave a awkward farewell to the woman he had been dancing with and made his way over. He avoided the other people in the crowd, moving with a fluid motion that came from working in a brothel and so very different form his clumsy movements when dancing, not wishing to bump into someone and gaining a new embarrassment.

When he reached the two, he glanced between them before shuffling awkwardly. ".. Hi." was all he said, unsure of what else to say as he awaited to see if there was something they wanted from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2014-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 am

Zak Sinclair wrote:

Zak didn't like sound of that, seeing that the girl had shuddered after commenting about another girl. "It shouldn't be a dream, Jasmine." he murmured, tilting his head to the side at the woman. His lips quirked into a smile as he noticed that she began to smile a bit as well at his earlier comment. His gaze was soon attracted to her hands as her fingers tracing a scar among her wrist, wondering what happened there for a split second. Zak couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she repeated the same word twice. "You're just proving me more evidence of you two liking each other." he remarked, quirking an eyebrow down at Jasmine. A bit concerned as she started to become more nervous and at her latest comment. "You're not going to get out of it until you speak to him." Zak murmured, shrugging his shoulders lightly.
"No it shouldn't, but it is." Jasmine said quietly as she looked up at him, she let her hand fall back down to her waist as she let out a sigh. "Don't worry about me so much Zak, I'm fine...right now though I owe you a dance." She said gently. Her hand moved and grabbed his own, "After all you did invite me and its only fair that I make it a wonderful night for you." She said and leaned up to kiss him lightly on the lips. "You've been such a good person to me, that I need to make it up to you in some way." She added softly as she started leading him back towards the ballroom. He had his own problems to worry about and she didn't want to make it worse by making him worried for her. She was flattered though, Zak was always so nice to her and she did feel bad for unloading everything on him earlier, the least she could do was make it up to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:01 am

"Hey, I said mostly harmless. Teenagers are never harmless" Terry joked, though he'd keep the warning in mind. Terry smiled as the younger male got the hint and walked over, looking nervous. Terry had to admit he could see why Milo found him attractive. Still, they seemed to be caught in a competition for Milo's affections.

Terry smiled faintly at the greeting from Connor. "No need to be defensive, I just wanted to know if you wanted to get refreshments with me and Milo?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   

Back to top Go down
 
Event #2 - The Grand Gala
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Grand Master conversion.
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Grand Fantasia
» Round 2: Australian Grand Prix 2011 - Melbourne.
» Grand Master vs 3 Blood Thirsters?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gods & Monsters :: Downtown :: The Emerald-
Jump to: