HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Event #2 - The Grand Gala

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 am

Connor couldn't explain the sudden burst of bashfulness when Milo confirmed that indeed the prostitute was cute. He truly hadn't been called cute, not since he was a little kid anyway. And not to say he had body issues or anything, Connor knew he was attractive. Otherwise people wouldn't buy him at the brothel. But cute? Cute was to describe a person not so much because of appearance -though it was somewhat a factor- but rather because of their personality shown through it.

Which was why, sweet and shy Milo was cute. Even Milo who was appearing a bit less shy and just plain please was cute. But Connor? What part of Connor being so awkward in social situations was cute? "I think you're mistaken." he murmured quietly, giving a tiny smile as he looked down.

He truly was expecting the other to laugh at him for not knowing how to dance, especially as he had dragged the older man onto the dance floor unexpectedly. To make a comment of some kind on the matter. To just walk away. What he didn't expect was Milo to suggest teaching him. Blue eyes widened before blinking as the other stepped in closer and grabbed his hand, placing it on his thin waist.

The raven-haired man was glad he was wearing gloves, as he was sure his hands must have began to get clammy with sweat. He had felt so nervous since when he lost his own virginity, that first night so long ago when he became a prostitute. When Milo told him to just follow his lead, he nodded his head nervously while his brows knitted in concentration. He didn't want to mess this up. "Okay."

He listened carefully to the classical music playing, doing his best to keep up with the other's movements. Though his was quite obviously clumsy and the younger man often found himself looking at their feet to ensure he didn't step on them. At the other's suggestion of going with the flow, he nodded and repeated the mantra over his head. Go with the flow. Go with the flow.

At one moment he chanced to look back up into the other's dark eyes and found his pulse quicken. Which caused him to flush and focus back at their feet. Eventually the music came to an end and the prostitute felt saddened by it. Biting the inside of his cheek, he mulled over what to do before shyly looking at the other. "BY any chance can the lesson continue to the next song?" Dancing was... an interesting experience. And dancing with Milo was... terrifying but thrilling. And he didn't quite feel ready to let go, which was an even more terrifying thought that he didn't want to address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chel Ramos

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:05 am

Chel's eyes lit as Zipporah spoke to her. She stood up straight and cleared her throat, smiling at her friend. "I can't help you land boys--I can help you land men." She put an extra emphasis on the word, almost growling it. Chel hiccuped before breaking out into a laugh at her stupid joke. Although she was a little wasted, she still had enough of a brain left to know what she was doing. Bad jokes and an oblivious attitude would just have to come with it.

"Tell me about this bigger plan though. I'm interested." Playing wingwoman was always fun. Chel held Zipporah's hand with a firm grip before pulling her away from the table. "Who catches your eye?"

Last edited by Chel Ramos on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barbara Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 am

Barbara studied him from under her lashes, "Trust me, you're going to enjoy every moment." She said as she pulled him off the dance floor. She would let him decide how much he'd like to continue, but hey she was going to be with this guy she may as well enjoy herself. "Don't worry Zak, Jasmine is in good hands." She said as she smiled up at him. She knew he would still be worried about Jasmine but she was pretty sure she could erase that worry from his mind. "Besides, haven't you ever lived a little?" She asked as she glanced back up at him.
(ooc so if you want me to edit anything, let me know <3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 am

Barbara Gordon wrote:
Barbara studied him from under her lashes, "Trust me, you're going to enjoy every moment." She said as she pulled him off the dance floor.  She would let him decide how much he'd like to continue, but hey she was going to be with this guy she may as well enjoy herself.  "Don't worry Zak, Jasmine is in good hands." She said as she smiled up at him.  She knew he would still be worried about Jasmine but she was pretty sure she could erase that worry from his mind.  "Besides, haven't you ever lived a little?" She asked as she glanced back up at him.
(ooc so if you want me to edit anything, let me know <3)

Zak blinked in surprise, swallowing nervously as she said this while pulling him off of the dance floor away from Jasmine. He glanced over his shoulder to take notice at how the other two were, a bit discouraged at the sight. He stopping dragging along behind Barbara as he turned his gaze away from the two back on to Barbara. "Hope you're right. Although your friend might want to watch out for her brother." It was slightly funny that her brother looked down at him with such distaste when he was one of her best customers that treated her like a person. He shook his head at her question, giving her a sheepish smile. "Been trying to..but there have been some things that have been holding me back." Zak remarked in an honest tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:06 am

Milo shook his head a bit at Connor’s dismissal of his compliment of the male prostitute. “I’m never mistaken. Korso wouldn’t have hired me if I was mistaken with a lot of stuff.” He remarked in a half-joking tone. Although it was true somewhat. Who’d want someone like that to be your advisor? Milo wouldn’t at all either. “So I stick to what I said. You’re cute.” Milo beamed up at the male in a bright tone. He didn’t want the male to think that Milo was lying or mistaken, wondering to why the male would question his opinion of him. It was the truth. Not some mistaken comment.

He moved along the dance floor with Connor, trying to keep the pace slow and steady for him to follow. At first the male’s movements were a bit clumsy and kept looking down at his feet with a focused gaze. But after a moment, Connor seemed to be getting used the flow of the music, his movements improving. It seemed to him that his mother’s words really had an effect on the male like it had on Milo as well. He couldn’t suppress his chuckle as Connor looked up into his eyes before the male’s cheek flushed, quickly glancing down back down at his feet. “No need to be embarrassed. You’re doing fine,” he reassured the male, giving his hand a light squeeze for reassurance.

Soon the song came to an end, causing a bit of disappointment to well up inside of him. He wasn’t too keen on the idea of their dance coming to a short end like that. Milo swallowed lightly before opening his mouth to say something about continuing to dance but surprisingly the other male had beaten him to it. Milo quickly nodded his head eagerly, giving the male a sheepish, yet delighted grin. “Of course, it be a shame for our dance to come to such a short end.” He remarked in a pleased tone as the two started to dance once again, feeling more delighted as another song started up for the two. Milo was glad that the male had a similar idea as he did. It kind of gave him hope that Connor liked dancing with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barbara Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:07 am

She gave him a sympathetic look, "Oh Jason gets on Aladdin's nerves too. I've seen how he can get." She said with her eyes widened for emphathis. "So yeah he's a little over protective but I guess its because he cares about her so much." She said, her own eyes watching the couple on the dance floor. "I mean Jasmine has been through a lot, she won't ever admit it but I've seen the damage she's gotten from some of her clients. Jason well, he's been friends with her since they were kids so he's protective of her too." She said quietly as she observed them. Of course there was more to the story but Jason was still not admitting his feelings for Jasmine. Her eyes moved back to Zak, "Tell you what, I'll let you off the hook handsome. Keep an eye on her, it'll make you feel better anyway." She said as she snagged a champagne glass from off a passing waiter's tray. Barbara raised her glass to Zak in a salute before downing the entire glass. She'd probably need more by the time the night was over, not that she minded. "It was nice meeting you Zak." She said as she turned and left, handing her glass to another waiter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:50 am

Lena Thumbe wrote:

Lena gave a small jolt at the feeling of breath on her neck and a voice in her ear. Chubby?! She whirled, her hair flowing behind her in its usually loose waves. Her eyes widened a little as she took in Loki, his features graced with the same smirk he always seemed to wear when there was mischief afoot. Then her expression settled into one of someone trying g to hide a certain amount of delight by only half smiling. "I was wondering when I would be seeing you again. Shall we?" She motioned to the bar, and turned from him to continue walking, her short dress  swaying from side to side with the natural motion of her hips.

When she reached the bar she ordered vodka, neat, and waited for Loki to catch up. She brought the drink to her lips and knocked it back, feeling fire on her lips, her tongue, her throat. Her eyebrows knitted together a moment and she closed her eyes, sucking in air and relishing the burning sensation in her chest.  Oh she had missed that feeling.

(Ooc: ah my phone died and I lost the post before I could send it DX sorry for the wait)

Loki held back a laugh at her reaction, and happily gave her a little wave as she surprised took him in. The half smile she gave him gave him the impression that she was trying to hide her true delight at seeing him again, and therefore allowed his smirk to widen in a knowing way.
As she motioned towards the bar, he bowed slightly, gesturing for her to lead the way and followed suit. It sure felt nice having someone your own age around. Not that Loki really minded or cared much that he more than often was the 'kid' among the grown ups, but once in a while it was just more relaxing, even for him. Especially if his company turned out to be so cute.
As he walked closely behind Lena, his eyes wasn't glued to her hips, but her hair. I'm starting to think I have a fetish for red-heads, he thought to himself casually, his expression blank. Or maybe a sister-complex? he added and couldn't contain the amused smirk the more he thought about it.

He quirked an eyebrow as he watched Lena knocked back her drink without wasting any time. "So, I take it you know how to hold your liquir?" he asked in an amused tone, not really sounding like he belived that, and decided to not bother ordering something for himself yet. He got the feeling it'd be quite entertaining to watch Lena gulp down her drinks anyway. She didn't exactly strike him as the drinking type though, but hey, people have surprised him before.
He chuckled at her again when she relaished in the strong alcohol, and just like that night in the alley found the word 'cute' to be the prefect word to describe her with.
He rested his elbow on the bar counter as he watched her with that typical smirk of his, and put his chin in his hand.
"Do you always need liquid courage to help you through these sort of events?" he then said flatly, giving her a teasing grin. "That's ok, it's common for newbies~"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason Todd

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:04 am

Jasmine al-Rashid wrote:
Jasmine stilled at his words and felt her body tense a little bit as his hand crept up her side.  At his words though she relaxed just a fraction, "I asked you first." She pointed out challengingly as she stared up at him.  She was slowly becoming aware of how much closer they were now.  Somehow during the dance he had brought his head down closer and now she was so close, all she had to do was stretch on tiptoe to kiss him.  Not that she would but she was a little tempted...ok maybe more then just a little.  

He snorted softly, and moves his lips away from her ear and let them brush against her cheek before locking eyes with her again.
"And people think I'm the more childish one?" he mocked, giving her that all-knowing smirk of his as he knew exactly what was going through her mind that moment, [i]challenge her[/is] to dare make the first move or step away. The hand that wasn't pressing her body to him had moved to her face, and gently brushed away some black strands of hair behind her ear, the smug look on his face never changing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dean Mccoppin

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 am

Annie Hughes wrote:
Annie giggled softly at this, remembering the time that Korso had threatened Dean with that. "You just make his threats get more and more disturbing when you act indifferent to his threats." she remarked in a teasing, serious tone. She enjoyed teasing Dean about Korso sometimes. As she watched him push himself off the wall and head over to the bar, Annie soon followed in pursuit. A bit glad that there was a bar here. She needed a drink as well. "Most of the people I know are already here. So there's that. Besides why wouldn't I drag you here to this Gala?" Annie smirked, titling her head at the male before ordering herself a drink. To be honest, Annie felt more at ease with Dean that others that she knew. Sure Annie adored Korso and Milo's company, but they felt more like family than friends to her.

Ok, Dean couldn't argue with that. Maybe if he stopped with his rude and indifferent attitude to the mob boss the threats would die down to some extent?
Dean scoffed at the idea, knowing it really didn't matter how he acted towards Korso. The guy was overprotective as hell, so even if Dean had acted like a scared little coward wetting his pants every time Korso turned up, the threats would've kept coming either way. It's thanks to Annie that he hasn't been assassinated yet.
He wasn't stupid though, and treated Korso at least with respect (well, the little he had left to offer people...) and did watch his tounge around the man. He'd mostly just let Annine handle the guy everytime he appeard, or left the room if she wasn't there to act as a shield for him.
He gave her an unamused look when she asked him why she shouldn't have brought him here, knowing she was clearly enjoying this. For some reason, she enjoys his grumpy and bored company. "You're so taking advantage of my soft spot for you," he snickered, ordering himself a new drink as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 am

Loki wrote:

Loki held back a laugh at her reaction, and happily gave her a little wave as she surprised took him in. The half smile she gave him gave him the impression that she was trying to hide her true delight at seeing him again, and therefore allowed his smirk to widen in a knowing way.
As she motioned towards the bar, he bowed slightly, gesturing for her to lead the way and followed suit. It sure felt nice having someone your own age around. Not that Loki really minded or cared much that he more than often was the 'kid' among the grown ups, but once in a while it was just more relaxing, even for him. Especially if his company turned out to be so cute.
As he walked closely behind Lena, his eyes wasn't glued to her hips, but her hair. I'm starting to think I have a fetish for red-heads, he thought to himself casually, his expression blank. Or maybe a sister-complex? he added and couldn't contain the amused smirk the more he thought about it.

He quirked an eyebrow as he watched Lena knocked back her drink without wasting any time. "So, I take it you know how to hold your liquir?" he asked in an amused tone, not really sounding like he belived that, and decided to not bother ordering something for himself yet. He got the feeling it'd be quite entertaining to watch Lena gulp down her drinks anyway. She didn't exactly strike him as the drinking type though, but hey, people have surprised him before.
He chuckled at her again when she relaished in the strong alcohol, and just like that night in the alley found the word 'cute' to be the prefect word to describe her with.
He rested his elbow on the bar counter as he watched her with that typical smirk of his, and put his chin in his hand.
"Do you always need liquid courage to help you through these sort of events?" he then said flatly, giving her a teasing grin. "That's ok, it's common for newbies~"

Lena shook her head a little and laughed "Not really, no." She said being honest. "I just like the way it burns." She looked contemplative for a moment, her mind stealing away to burning kisses before dawn and the chink of hastily returned bottles, "Is that odd?" She turned away for a moment to order another drink, this time with coke, not sure she wanted to know the answer.

"You're teasing me again, Loki." She stated, neither admonishing or encouraging it, with a slight smile. "But you are right, I guess I do need a little courage. Theres more people here tonight than in the entirety of my hometown, old people included." She ran a finger along the top of her glass, staring at it intently. She went back and forth on her home so often in her thoughts, she hated it and loved it, missed it and never wished to return, its a complicated feeling, homesickness for being trapped.

"The suit looks good on you." She mentioned, glancing at him sideways with a slight smirk "Though when we met last I dunno, I didn't really peg you for a suited and booted kinda guy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Though he kept his gaze down, he could feel his cheeks heat up more as the other insisted he wasn't mistaken. On one hand, he had a point. If he was one to make mistakes, he wouldn't get whatever position it was that Milo held for Korso. Which Connor knew was important, even if he didn't know what the details were. On the other hand, people were prone to making at least one mistake now and then.

Still, he felt it best not to argue with the other, and so with a tiny smile that suggestion he was merely humoring the other he quietly responded. "If you say so." And with that he focused on his movements so that he wouldn't mess up. His nervousness must have really been obvious, for the older man spoke up to reassure him he was doing fine. Even squeezing his hand as a means of comfort.

The action made him give a small smile, his shoulders relaxing a little bit now that he knew he wasn't completely screwing it up. Of course it didn't stop him from repeating his new mantra over and over again. Go with the flow. Go with the flow. Go with the flow. It defiantly proved to work as he made it through that first song without tripping or anything. But despite that fact, and that Milo had gone out of his way to reassure him he was doing fine, Connor wasn't expecting the other man to agree to another dance.

Surely he would have wanted to return to his friend, or go rescue him if he was still in the clutches of the man-eater, or find a different -better- dance partner. But no, instead the glasses-wearing man smiled happily up at him and agreed. Connor couldn't help the sheepish smile of his own as the music picked up again on a new song, initiating the next dance for the couples on the floor. It was a little bit faster than the last one, though not by much, and the raven-haired man made sure to repeat his manta as he tried to do a better job at keeping eye contact with his companion. Which proved difficult, the younger man often finding himself staring at something else instead.

Like Milo's forehead. Or his nose. Essentially any part of the face that wasn't his eyes.

"So... um..." Blue eyes winced a little bit as he attempted to fill in the silence. "Er what brings you here?" he asked, hoping the question was an alright one. he was curious as to why a mobster -several mobsters if he looked around- would attend a police gala.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:40 pm

When she asked if he found her liking how the luiqor burned, he simply shaked his head, lettign his gaze wander of towards the dancefloor. There where times he found himself liking it too, and he could count up a couple of people with the same liking.
His green eyes returned to the girl at his side when she orderd herself another drink. He let another soft chuckle lave his lips as he straithgend up in his seat. "Well, you're making it a little hard not to," he pointed out.
He let his eyes trail down to her finger running along the top of her glass, but not really staring at it. As she mentioed the difference between her own home town and this place, he could feel the conflicted feelings behind the words she spoke. Somehow, he could recognise himself a little in her, feeling both homesickness but despising the thought of returning to where he came from.
A dry snicker escaped his lips at the thought. There wasn't any place to return to anyway. And besides, the home he had now was better than anyone could ever offer him. He just wonderd for how much longer he'll be able to enjoy it.

"Can't really blame you for thinking that," he shrugged, returning her the smirk she was giving him. He leaned back slightly, as if to give her a better view of his attire fo the night. "While I may not care much for how I look, I mean I'm adorable enough already, that doesn't necessarily mean I don't know a thing or two about fashion~" he winked.
The suit I gave Connor is enough proof of that, he thought proudly of himself.
He gave Lena quick look over, titling his head slightly. "As lovely as you looked in tattered and soiled cloths, this look suits you just as nicely~"

Last edited by Loki on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:24 pm

“I know so.” Milo remarked with a light smile, knowing what he said was the honest truth. Even if the male didn’t believe him, Milo was going to still think of the male as cute. He wondered if he would still think about Connor’s cute side when he visited the male again at the brothel. He supposed the male was going to be his usual seductive self, which Milo was beginning to see that he needed to learn more about the male. It seemed that he was very different from being in the brothel and here at the Gala.

He smiled a bit as he felt the other male beginning to relax after what he had assured the male by squeezing his hand and remark. Milo could sense that the male was speaking mentally to himself and focusing on the dance. It was adorable to watch the male’s cheeks heat up and see how hard he was trying not to mess up. Even if he messed up, Milo wouldn’t mind it and just continue to dance with the male. For some reason, Milo hadn’t wanted the dance to end that quickly, wanting to dance more with the awkward male.

Throughout the second dance, Milo couldn’t help but notice that the male was having trouble with having eye contact with him. It was a bit humorous that their roles had reversed somewhat. Milo was actually the one who wasn’t that flustered and in his element. While Connor was being the embarrassed, shy one who was definitely in a place that he wasn’t used to. It kind of made him wonder of how long Connor had been working at the brothel, due to his awkwardness right now. Perhaps he just stayed to himself when he had been younger? Or was just cooped up in the brothel for too long? Milo didn’t know. But he was curious and intrigued to know the reasons for his awkwardness, though Milo was a fan of it. His lips quirked into small smile as the other male attempted to start a conversation with him. “I was kind of nagged into it by my boss, but I didn’t mind going much when Terry offered to come with me.” Milo answered the male’s question, giving him a sheepish expression. He was glad that Terry had offered to go to the Gala with him. Although he felt a little bad that he wasn't spending that time with him though. It felt a bit selfish to be dancing with Connor while his friend had been preoccupied by some man-eater. "Gala's for the public are rare, so Korso decided that we should go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Jasmine just rolled her eyes at his remark, "You're hilarious." She said sarcastically, as his hand brushed back some of her hair she felt her face heat up. "Jason, we really shouldn't...I came here with a date." She said after a moment. Her eyes moving over towards where Zak was standing, Barbara wasn't by his side anymore and that made her frown a little bit. She turned to look back up at Jason and shook her head, "I'm sorry." She said quietly as she stepped back, not quite able to understand why she felt so terrible when she did so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippy Zeno Xenos

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Chel Ramos wrote:
Chel's eyes lit as Zipporah spoke to her. She stood up straight and cleared her throat, smiling at her friend. "I can't help you land boys--I can help you land men."  She put an extra emphasis on the word, almost growling it. Chel hiccuped before breaking out into a laugh at her stupid joke. Although she was a little wasted, she still had enough of a brain left to know what she was doing. Bad jokes and an oblivious attitude would just have to come with it.
"Tell me about this bigger plan though. I'm interested." Playing wingwoman was always fun. Chel held Zipporah's hand with a firm grip before pulling her away from the table. "Who catches your eye?"

"Land men." She said, thinking it over. "Okay let's do it." She said pulling out a bunch of IDs. She scan the floor for those whose face matched them. "There is Jason, he seems to be really cute and dangerous looking." She smirked a bit. "There is also Dean, who apparently seems to be the only person wearing glasses." Dean's glasses had big bulky frames, so you could not help but notice them. She could not tell if he was smart, need to see, or was making a fashion statement. "There is Eric. He is kind of cute, like a baby." She said going thought IDs. "There is also that Zak kid over there. He seems lonely right now." She pointing to his general direction. Then she saw Loki's ID. "Him, Loki. We can kidnap Loki." She wore a big grin on her face. "When do we start?"

"Well, this is a fundraiser, right?" She started. "And fundraisers usually mean big piles of money. Maybe at the podium. Or maybe safe in another room some where. You know?" Zipporah talked like she had done this before. "Would you not love to pull in a big haul like that?" And Chel could see was really thinking up a storm. "But without my father here, we have no time to borrow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chel Ramos

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 pm

She nodded, quiet hiccups along the way. When Zipporah mentioned Loki, Chel's eyes widened and she smiled drunkily. "H-Him!" she exclaimed louder than she thought, turning a few nearby heads. Quieter, she leaned in closer to her friend to say something. "We need to get intel on Loki, Akhesa told me to keep an eye on him. I wasn't sure if he was going to be here or not." She lazily reached for another glass of booze before taking a sip of it. "A haul like that would be great. Let's put all that money in our giant limo that we came in, or our giant pockets maybe." She said, giving Zipporah a sarcastic grin. "We should wait if your father was to show up." Drinking the rest of the glass, she refilled it and turned towards Zipporah with a nod.

"Let's go in order. Mysterious and handsome first," she said--pointing in the direction of the one Zipporah called Jason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason Todd

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:28 pm

[OOC: All of my three charries caught Chel's and Tzipp's eye? x'D Should I be worried or flatterd? 8D -shot-]

Jason stopped their little dance when he caught her eyes wander over towards Zak, and after having a look himself noticed that Barbara had the left kid by himself. He sighed, and gave Jasmine a disappointed look as she stepped away from him. He shrugged, not looking as bothered by it as he for some reason felt, and placed his hands inside his pockets. She was making a to big a deal out this...
"Your loss," he said simply with a blank look before brushing past her without another word.

He rubbed his neck, not really knowing why he felt irritated all of a sudden as he stepped out of the dance floor. This is nothing out of the ordinary for them, they tease and bitch at each other like a god damn routine after all. So, why did it felt different now?
Feeling eyes on him, Jason turned his head towards the two tanned woman, one of them pointing at right him. His expression stayed neutral as he quirked an eyebrow at the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine al-Rashid

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:44 pm

(NOOOO!!!! *grabs Jason*)
Jasmine felt her heart sink as she watched him walk off, "Jason." She whispered as she stared after him. Had she perhaps gone too far? She had done the right thing hadn't she? Though watching him walk off like that made her wonder, in all the years she had known him he had never reacted like that before. She suddenly felt extremely lost and before she knew what she was about, she had run out of the ballroom pushing her way past other couples. Everything felt too stifling all of a sudden, she needed to get out she wasn't sure where she would go but she couldn't stand being there anymore.
(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Terry McGinnis wrote:
Terry smirked at Nani's reaction, it was obvious she was surprised. "I bat for both teams" he said simply. He let her lead him from the dancefloor, though he did look back at Milo and Connor, consoling himself that he was apparently the better dancer when compared to Connor. He smirked, catching her comment. "Drinking's not gonna help, but hey, what if I get some girl dancing drunkenly after the cake? you can come in and take her stuff while we're dancing" And maybe he could switch partners on Connor while he was at it.

Nani was right; the cake was good.

Nani smiled at him and then turned around trying to find an easy target for him to dance and for her to rob. After a second of scanning she found a middle aged woman standing next to the stairs with a full cup of something and boredom written all over her face. Nani took a sip of her drink and waited until she was sure the woman was still tipsy. Then she passed to the second phase where she made a strategy to get her necklace and maybe the pin made of diamonds that adorned her hair.
"There." She said pointing at the woman and then turning to Terry. "That one looks drunk enough to dance with you." She said trying to sound sarcastic. She hit him on the ribs with her elbow and waited for him to decided if she was good enough to dance with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippy Zeno Xenos

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Chel Ramos wrote:
She nodded, quiet hiccups along the way. When Zipporah mentioned Loki, Chel's eyes widened and she smiled drunkily. "H-Him!" she exclaimed louder than she thought, turning a few nearby heads. Quieter, she leaned in closer to her friend to say something. "We need to get intel on Loki, Akhesa told me to keep an eye on him. I wasn't sure if he was going to be here or not." She lazily reached for another glass of booze before taking a sip of it. "A haul like that would be great. Let's put all that money in our giant limo that we came in, or our giant pockets maybe." She said, giving Zipporah a sarcastic grin. "We should wait if your father was to show up." Drinking the rest of the glass, she refilled it and turned towards Zipporah with a nod.

Zipporah gave Chel quite the blank stare. "Really? Well you are dong such a wonderful job, drunk. I wonder what Akhesa will say about that, too? You know, you being drunk." She sounded very sarcastic. She did not see how Chel could even get regular intelligence. She then watched her get more to drink and placed her hand on face. "You might not make it to the bigger plan at this rate. And of we are waiting him. Hopefully he we be in a tamable party mood." She hissed a little bit. She did not want two plans to be the trash. "Maybe he can save you this time, if you get into some trouble." She looked over to her side as she heard footsteps.

Jason Todd wrote:
[OOC: All of my three charries caught Chel's and Tzipp's eye? x'D Should I be worried or flatterd? 8D -shot-
Feeling eyes on him, Jason turned his head towards the two tanned woman, one of them pointing at right him. His expression stayed neutral as he quirked an eyebrow at the two.

Zipporah blinked, starring at back at Jason. She then quirked a eyebrow back at him and dropped her head a bit. She looked him over a bit, as if she was trying to decide something. She closed her eyes and opened them again to look innocent, decide she could test her actress limit. I can play it all off in my favor, it will be just like gambling. She pulled out his ID and walked over to him. She started off, "Hey there. I kind of found this." She held up Jason's ID and flashed it in his face. "I did not know if you lost, if it got taken off of you, or if you needed it back." She waved the his card back and forth in face. "Would you mind if I kept or held on to it?" She questioned, pouting a little with a raised eyebrow.

[OOC: I don't know XD I say flattered. . . But did not think you ran Dean too  Shocked I am more worried for me because I do not know what my charries are up too XD So maybe both? XD]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Terry raised an eyebrow. "Never had to get anyone drunk to dance with me, before" He'd just walked up to them and asked for a dance after a compliment or two. Still, this proved to be an interesting thing, to dance with the tipsy woman. He waited for another moment before going up to her with a smile.

It took just a moment before he'd convinced the woman, who was now blushing like a schoolgirl, to spare him a dance, and soon they were on the floor, Terry grateful for the ballroom dancing lessons his mother had insisted on. When Nani had done her work with the woman none the wiser, Terry saw the opportunity to dance with Milo, at least for a few minutes.

The woman was up for a chance to help her handsome partner play a little joke on some friends, and with one swift move, dance partners were switched. Terry got Milo and he smiled sheepishly at his friend. "Sorry! Just wanted to spend at least a little time with you tonight. I'll switch us back at the end of the song, promise"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nani

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Nani looked at Terry after getting her stuff and stared at his new dance partner. She remembered seeing him sometime ago in the streets and she sort of recalled him being among some people you could consider the bad news but she decided to keep her distance. She turned away from the dance floor but decided to keep close in case Terry's date decided to escape like before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:21 pm

A small chuckle escaped his lips as Milo confessed to being nagged into going to the gala. Fro what he knew of the man, ass well as his boss, it seemed very likely. “I can imagine.” he said softly, his smile a little bigger as blue eyes twinkled as they caught eye contact for just a moment. At the very least the other had a friend he didn’t mind going with to keep him company. “Lucky.” he said, another tiny chuckle.

It wasn’t that Loki was a friend he didn’t want to do things with, it was just in moments like these the teen liked pushing him out o his comfort zone. A lot. Actually, if he thought about it the teen did it whenever he wasn’t at the brothel. Which maybe that was something friends were supposed to do, but it made it hard for the prostitute to have a good time if he constantly felt like a fish out of water.

At the mention of public galas being rare, he blinked before tilting his head to the side. That kind of made sense. “I guess that’s why Loki was so persistent that I come.” he mumbled quietly as his mind drifted into thought. With them so rare, and Connor hardly ever going out, he could see hwy the teen wanted him to attend and have at least one night of something he’d probably never get again.

He was about to open his mouth to say something else, though what he would not be bale to recall, when all of a sudden Milo was snatched away form his arms. And in his place was a middle aged woman with rosy cheeks and a playful smile. Blue eyes blinked in bewilderment and Connor nearly tripped over his feet form the sudden change.

The woman, who thankfully was a totally stranger and not a client, laughed good naturally and explained of the little fun her and her dance partner wanted to do. Connor found himself looking at the crowd, spotting Milo now in the arms of Terry as they danced. There was a pang of disappointment blossoming in his chest, a sadness that came form his time with the other getting cut short, but he mentally shook his head and gave a shy smile to his new dance partner. He did kind of owe Terry. “I’m afraid I’m not as good as your other partner.” he said, all the while trying not to see the far away from of the other two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Loki wrote:
When she asked if he found her liking how the luiqor burned, he simply shaked his head, lettign his gaze wander of towards the dancefloor. There where times he found himself liking it too, and he could count up a couple of people with the same liking.
His green eyes returned to the girl at his side when she orderd herself another drink. He let another soft chuckle lave his lips as he straithgend up in his seat. "Well, you're making it a little hard not to," he pointed out.
He let his eyes trail down to her finger running along the top of her glass, but not really staring at it. As she mentioed the difference between her own home town and this place, he could feel the conflicted feelings behind the words she spoke. Somehow, he could recognise himself a little in her, feeling both homesickness but despising the thought of returning to where he came from.
A dry snicker escaped his lips at the thought. There wasn't any place to return to anyway. And besides, the home he had now was better than anyone could ever offer him. He just wonderd for how much longer he'll be able to enjoy it.

"Can't really blame you for thinking that," he shrugged, returning her the smirk she was giving him. He leaned back slightly, as if to give her a better view of his attire fo the night. "While I may not care much for how I look, I mean I'm adorable enough already, that doesn't necessarily mean I don't know a thing or two about fashion~" he winked.
The suit I gave Connor is enough proof of that, he thought proudly of himself.
He gave Lena quick look over, titling his head slightly. "As lovely as you looked in tattered and soiled cloths, this look suits you just as nicely~"

Lena laughed softly and gave a little curtsey. "I'm so glad I meet your approval, good sir" she said with breathy sarcasm and a glint in her eye. She could feel the alcohols effects already as the ballroom went fuzzy around the edges and a warmth spread through her. She always had been a lightweight. She set her drink down on the bar for a moment and turned to survey the ballroom, couples twirling about, or in some unfortunate cases stumbling. She stiffled a giggle as she watched one such couple trying to compensate for a two foot height difference.

"So" she said, turning to half face Loki, "since youre the expert, what do people normally do at this sort of thing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chel Ramos

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Zippy Zeno Xenos wrote:
Zipporah gave Chel quite the blank stare. "Really? Well you are dong such a wonderful job, drunk. I wonder what Akhesa will say about that, too? You know, you being drunk." She sounded very sarcastic. She did not see how Chel could even get regular intelligence. She then watched her get more to drink and placed her hand on face. "You might not make it to the bigger plan at this rate. And of we are waiting him. Hopefully he we be in a tamable party mood." She hissed a little bit. She did not want two plans to be the trash. "Maybe he can save you this time, if you get into some trouble." She looked over to her side as she heard footsteps.

Chel kinda looked at her sadly, feeling like she might have disappointed her. "Uu-" she started to stammer very quietly, but stopped as she watched Zipporah as she headed off to the guy. She pouted her lips and looked back at her glass. Zipporah was right; she was being pretty irresponsible. Even though sometimes it was hard to admit, she knew when she was making bad decisions. Pouring the liquid into the nearby plant, she put the glass down and fixed her hair up. Zippy's my friend and she asked for my help; I need to straighten myself up for her, Chel thought as she took a few deep breaths and tried to act as sober as she could. What would Papi have thought? Let's do this, girly. Motivated, Chel cleared her throat and stood up straight.

She eyed Zipporah flashing Jason's ID in front of his face. She would wait for now, and come in when it seemed like she needed help. Grabbing a random guy off the side, she pulled him onto the dancefloor and found a good spot in an area between both Jason and Loki so she could hear both conversations if need be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event #2 - The Grand Gala   

Back to top Go down

Event #2 - The Grand Gala
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next