HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
John Smith

PostSubject: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:16 am

John stumbled out of the hospital in the dark.  It probably wasn't his smartest plan but he hated hospitals. Korso and Megara would definitely scold him but he could handle it.  He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.  His wound had been taken care of and as long as he took things easily he should be fine.  All things considering,  it was a wonder he managed to reach the Alleyway without any problems.  He should have known he wasn't in the clear though, two thugs stepped out of the shadows.  "Well, well Smith...looks like you're in a bad part of town." John felt the urge to roll his eyes at the thug's confidant tone.  Instead he straightened and gave them both a commanding look, "So you say but I have business to attend too." He said with a confidant smirk.  Thug number one stepped forward, "And I think you're going to be a little late." He said as he stepped forward menacingly.  John slid into a defensive position, "Well then bring it on." He said with an easy smile.  He had a major injury....con, combined the thugs while not entirely bright weren't injured.  He didn't stand a good chance but he was confidant that if he moved fast he could handle it.  He cricked his neck as Thug number two ran forward, their eagerness to fight would be their downfall.  Entering a fight with emotions flaring never helped anyone in a fight.  So he reached inside his pocket and drew out two poison darts, holding them in his hand he waited until the last second before he moved.  Avoiding one strike, he moved and sank the first poison dart in the first thug before blocking another oncoming attack.  The first thug fell down, the poison already taking effect.  The second thug roared and hit John hard enough for him to hit the wall.  He heard a dull thunk, a bruised rib maybe...he wasn't entirely sure but he needed to keep the upper hand.  Ignoring the pain he managed to duck the man's fist as he slammed it into the wall where John's head had been seconds earlier.  Holding the dart in his hand more securely, he managed to sink it into the man's thigh.  Just as with the first thug, the man crumpled to the ground in seconds.  Letting out a sigh, John allowed himself to lean against the wall.  Ok so maybe he should have stayed in the hospital, Megara would not be pleased.  He let out a breath and winced at the sharp pain his ribs as he did so.  Moving one hand down to his ribs, he let out a little curse at the pain that followed.  He had bruised his ribs, his stitches seemed to be holding though.  He just would have to take it easy, and hope no one else tried to kill him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:30 am

“Well that was rather impressive.”

Akima had turned the corner of the alley just in time to see the blond man take down the second scumbag. One man was already lying face down on the alley's concrete. She propped on hand on her hip, close enough to her gun for easy accesses, but far enough that she didn't appear too threatening. Though a little threat was always a good idea in this city.

The man was rather impressive himself. Even bloodied, the blue of his shirt set of his eyes in a startling away beneath his golden hair. Then again, she had always had a thing for blondes. And for blood, so there was that.

Smirking, she stepped forward and nudged one of the men with the toe of her boot. “Is there any point in calling an ambulance?” She studied him and the way he was gingerly touching his ribs. “For them, or for you. I'm game either way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:43 am

John's eyes narrowed when he heard someone approach from behind and turned to see a pretty woman magneta streaks in her short hair. He studied her warily, she was armed and from her stance she clearly knew how to handle herself in a fight. However since she hadn't attempted to take him down just yet, he relaxed his pose and smirked at her words. "Well for them, they'll wake up in a few hours with a massive headache but they'll live. As for me, I've survived worse." He said with a shrug. It was true though, "You new to the city?" He asked curiously, he didn't recognize her and he was pretty sure he'd remember meeting someone like her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 am

For a moment, Akima thought she might need to use the gun. Then, his eyes lost the steely, threatening edge they had held. His stance shifted into something less battle ready. She kept her hand on her hip still. The more she looked at him, the more she was getting the feeling that she had seen his photograph in her FBI file.

"Hmmm. That's almost a shame." She said when he told her about the punks on the ground. "Should I congratulate you then?" She quipped as he continued.

Her grin grew. "You know everyone in this city well enough to ask if people are new, do you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:07 am

"Well I could kill them but they're not worth it." He said with a shrug and made a face as his ribs ached. At her question he laughed, "Well just the ones who pose a real threat, if I had seen you before I would remember. You have the stance of a fighter, you're armed and I get the feeling you've had some training. So you're either in one of the gangs or you're with the police, I just can't quite figure out which one it is yet." He said thoughtfully. He knew for sure that she wasn't with Korso's gang, he would know being Korso's underboss and besides that he made it a point to know everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:10 am

Akima laughed. This was the thing to enjoy about corrupted cities. Here, showing up armed and ready didn't raise any concerns but the ones she wanted raised. "Oh, do I now?" She let something a little teasing enter her voice as she tested the waters. "And just what side do you want me to be on?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:26 am

His smirk grew, "Well you're telling me you're not?" He asked instead as he leaned against the wall trying to ease the pain from his ribs. At her second question he shook his head "Well that's not my descision now is it? Personally I think sooner or later someone is going to approach with an offer, so best for you to keep your guard up." He said with a little wink in her direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:36 am

She shook her head, sending the long dyed tendrils of her hair bouncing. She probably should have pulled them back into a ponytail before hitting the city, but that looked ridiculous. She liked to think of her hair as her only vain point. "Alright, so I've had some training."

One corner of her lips lifted at his warning, putting something wolfish into her grin. "I guess a girl can't wash of the stench of being a cop as easily as I had hoped." An offer, eh? Damn, the criminals in this town didn't waste time. She almost respected him for it. Almost. "Now tell me, blondie," she all but purred, "do you flirt with all the cops, or am I just getting lucky?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 am

He chuckled, "Thought so, and you're a cop so no wonder I haven't seen you around before." He said with a thoughtful look on his face. At her next words though his face turned a bright red, "I hate to break it to you but I am a married man." He said pointing out the gold ring on his marriage finger. "And she's not someone you want to get on the wrong side of." He said with a fond laugh as he thought about her. "If I wasn't married though I might show more of an interest." He admitted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:52 am

"Actually sweetheart, the reason you ain't seen me around before is cause I'm new. My train just got into today." She studied the golden ring on his finger. The sight on it sent a wave of pain through her, though she schooled herself so that it didn't show. The phantom weight of her long-gone engagement ring settled on her finger. Pushing past it, she shrugged. Her flirtation seemed to be getting her somewhere - most criminals wouldn't stick around this long to talk to a cop - so she kept going.

"Marriage smarriage." She waved a hand dismissively. "Does it really mean you can't talk to a pretty girl in the alley way? Besides," she added, her tone dropping into something a little more seductive. "I'm not married. I can show all the interest I want."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:07 am

John chuckled, "Well that was my next guess." He said with a shrug. If it was possible his face darkened even more so and he was silently grateful that it was night time. "Believe me I am flattered that you are uh...showing an interest but uh I'm an honest man when it comes to my wife." He stammered. He could almost hear Loki laughing at him now and that made it even worse for some reason. "Speaking of which I should go home to her." He said and pushed himself off the wall, only to crumble back against it as his stomach flared in agony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:13 am

Hearing what was no doubt a hardened criminal stammer at her flirtatious words was almost enough to make Akima laugh out loud. Hmmm. That was new. An honest criminal. What an oxymoron.

Akima was picking through her range of answers - from "who cares," to "I like you even more for that," to a sad, honest, "I understand," - when the man sagged against the wall. That decided her answer for her. She stepped closer, hand still resting near her gun. "I told you we should have called an ambulance." She was close enough now that she had to look up at him. "Or have you survived worse?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:22 am

"Thank you for understanding." He said, surprised that he was holding a civil conversation with a cop but she was different. At her next words he gave her a look, "Oh I have...I just lost a lot of blood earlier on." He admitted with a shrug like it was no big deal. "I may not seem like it now but I have dealt with worse." He said giving her a wry grin. He sighed and pushed himself off the wall again, this time prepared for the pain that followed. "I think I'll be fine, I just bruised a rib." He said moving his hand and testing said rib.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:12 am

Shit. Had she actually said that out loud? That was what she got for thinking about her own fucked up relationship. Just because he was a handsome blonde with a wedding ring was not permission for her to start screwing up. She had to get the thoughts of Daniel out of her mind.

"Hmmm." She considered him, trying to make out details in the darkness. "And when you say that, have you factored in your... blood loss? Or does all that testosterone make it hard to think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:50 pm

(Sorry if he wasn't supposed to hear that X'D I guess I read that wrong pfft XD)
John chuckled, "Now you sound like my wife...I guess you can say I hate being shut up in one place for too long." He admitted. Yes leaving the hospital wasn't one of his smartest descisions and he had a feeling that Megara would yell at him some more if she found out that he had left. He slowly started to realize how close she was and immediately backed up. He could feel another blush creep up and looked away again, she was a very forward woman. He didn't mind it and if he wasn't attached to someone else he might even enjoy flirting with her even more. However Megara was the one constant in his life, and the woman that he loved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:18 pm

(It's okay baby <3 I don't mind *huggles*)

"Well, that's a rather disappointing thought," Akima said, watching with a certain malicious glee as he squirmed beneath her gaze. Still, as fun as it was, she should probably dial it back some. This man didn't seem to have plans to dunk her in a vat of corrosive acid or shoot her in the back quite yet. And it was important to keep it that way. This blond hair, blue eyed godlike man was going to be her ticket into the underworld. And that was more important than sharpening her claws on his marriage.

"So," she started, stepping back, her hand falling away from her gun. A calculated move, but a risk nonetheless. "Are you going to give me a name, or is it just Blondie?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:48 pm

(*huggles back* ok then <3333)
He was unable to keep from chuckling at her reaction, his eyes noted how she relaxed her posture that was a good thing. Hopefully that meant she wouldn't try taking him down just yet, if he didn't have his current injuries he was sure he'd be able to take her on. "Its John Smith, and you are?" He asked curiously. It would be good to know who she was so he could tell Joseph later on, after all she could be an asset if she ever decided to leave the cops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:56 pm

It seemed her risk had payed off. "Hmmm. That's a nice bland name for a non-bland man. I'm Akima." She offered him a hand to shake. "Tell me, Johnathan, just what is it that a non-bland man like yourself does? Must be damn exciting." Her smile flicked up at one corner as she flirted around the idea of corruption. "It's always nice to know what other means of employment there is in the city."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:12 pm

"Sadly yes." He said with a little smirk as he shook her hand and at her question gave her a small smile. "Well I can't tell you all my secrets just yet." He said as he released her hand, "Once I can trust you then maybe I'll let you know other ways of how to earn money. There's plenty of ways to do that and if you want you could probably find someone who'd show you for a price." He said with a shrug. "I could but as you're new you'd have to show that you're trustworthy and since you haven't tried killing me yet that alone says a lot." He said as he thought about it out loud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Damn. That was quick to throw up a wall at one little question. She'd been hoping he would at least give her a sense of where [i]he[i] belonged on the criminal spectrum. From the way he'd hinted at her impending corruption, she knew he fit somewhere between petty thief and mobster prince. She just wasn't sure where.

But the 'just yet' part was promising. Her answers lay here. She just had to figure out a way to find them. His hand enveloped hers with a flash of heat and was gone all too soon. She tucked an errant strand of hair behind her ear. She could play trustworthy. Hell, she could play it so well that even [i]she[i] bought it.

"What, and leave your poor little wife a widow?" she teased.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 pm

He frowned, "Trust me she wouldn't like to hear it put quite like that." He said with a little shake of his head. He had noted the calluses on her hands from hard work and knew that he had been right in his earlier assumption. He knew he wouldn't be able to trust her completely until he had one of his men Milo probably to run a background check on her. He would be able to tell him if there was any falsified information or not, "Well I should be on my way...it was interesting getting to meet you." He said honestly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 pm

"No, I doubt most people would." She could see suspicion flare in his eyes, though she wasn't entirely sure why. It didn't matter. Whatever - whoever - he had dig into her past would find nothing but a boring childhood, and a smattering of police jobs over the West Coast. She trusted in that.

"It was interesting to meet you too," she agreed, one hundred percent honest for once. She would have to go home and do a little checking of her own. Figure out just who Johnny boy was. But to be certain, she would have to see him him in a better light. "You'll have to invite me over for dinner one of these evenings. See if I'm trustworthy." She teased. "And I'd just love to meet your wife."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:54 pm

His eyebrows went up at that idea,"I don't know if that's a great idea." He said bluntly. After how Megara had blown up last time, he was a little wary of having her meet anyone. Much less another pretty woman and with how she had acted over him going to the Tip Top club for a meeting and thinking he was there for the strippers....well he was pretty sure her meeting Akima would be a disaster. "Not that I don't think you're a good person or anything..its just...um she's been a little stressed lately." He admitted. "However I can probably set up a meeting with one of my friends." He offered. He could have Joseph go or maybe Milo...heaven knows Milo needed to get out more anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Well, that angle was blown before she had even got a chance to fully explore it. She nodded her understanding, mind flicking through other ins. Her eyebrow raised at John's offer. A friend. That would be interesting. And yet another name she could reference to see if she was barking up the right tree. She didn't have the time to waste chasing drug dealers and thieves. "Well, it would be nice to meet new people in the city." She said airily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Smith

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:19 pm

He could see the hint almost from a mile away, "Yeah well I'll ask around." He said eventually, it wouldn't hurt to ask his friends at any rate. Although he had a feeling that Joey would make him pay up if he called in a favor with him. "Any way I can get in touch with you?" He asked as he turned to look over at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)   

Back to top Go down

Deep Breaths (tags: Akima)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next