HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Helga checked her watch again, foot tapping impatiently against the floor. The train seemed to be running a minute late. That, or her watch was fast. She scanned the crowd, keeping in mind the photo she'd been shown before leaving the precinct. The newest rookie had a very distinctive hairstyle, so she'd at least be easy to spot.

"Come on.." Helga muttered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Akima finished reading the FBI file on the train. She closed it, biting back a sigh. The city was a wreck. She wasn't sure anything anybody did could save it. The Mafia was so woven into the very fabric of the city that it would probably cause economic disaster to just shut them down. Then there would just be another Detroit. She could hear her superior's voice lecturing her in the back of her mind. Better that then the city it was now.

And what a city it was. A disastrous hellhole of murder, rape and shattered dreams. She had been too young to know Attica's reputation as a city on the rise first hand, but the reports painted a startling picture. When Lyle Roarke had moved to the city, it hadn't been a city that played a starring role on the news every night. Poor man. It had to be hard to watch anything descend into this level of ruin, but it had to be even harder when you were supposed to be it's hero.

The train station was not an impressive entry point to the city. Though she doubted there was anything approaching impressive in this city, unless you were playing for the other side. What had once been a beautiful example of architecture was now a crumbling wreck. Its stone walls displayed several anatomically improbable if not impossible slurs and sexist and racist remarks. Including one that combined all three pointed directly at Asian women like herself. Such a warm welcome to the city.

Hopefully, she was supposed to be meeting Roarke and that would present a better first impression. She scanned the station. Definitely no Roarke in this crowd, but the blonde woman tucked in the corner had to be Helga Sinclair. Readjusting the shoulder strap of her duffel bag, Akima made her way over.

She stuck out a hand as she smiled. “Hi. Helga Sinclair? I'm Akima Kagome, the police force's newest recruit.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:36 am

Helga had watched the crowd pouring out of the newly arrived train closely for a sign of the newbie. It was pretty thick though, as it always was, and by the time Officer Kagome was spotted, she was already just a couple of feet in front of her. She took the hand offered to her, saying, "A pleasure to meet you." She returned the smile. "The trip wasn't too bad, I hope."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:45 am

Taking back her hand, Akima stretched her arms behind her till she heard her joints pop. For appearances sake, she had ridden in economy, and the long train ride had been horrible. "It wasn't too bad." She furrowed her brow as her gaze returned to the blonde woman "Forgive me if I'm being forward, but I was told I was to be met by the police commissioner?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Helga grimaced at the question. "The commissioner is...indisposed." She didn't want to reveal too much about Lyle's state to the newbie. Or anyone for that matter. He was supposed to have a certain image with his officers and the public, but with stress about Attica's downward spiral and the mess after the raid his health was not the best. "He sends his regrets and wishes you a warm welcome."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akima Kagome

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 am

"Oh." Akima said softly. "I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing too horrible I hope?"She had a feeling from Helga's expression that it was rather horrible. Or maybe that was just the expression people wore after living in this city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]   

Back to top Go down

Ready for Pickup [TAG: Akima]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1