The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Walking down the crowded streets and alleys, Connor did his best to avoid bumping into the strangers that surrounded him as he kept a firm hold of his one bag. It was a humid day, sweat clinging to his forehead where his hair touched as the sun beat down on everyone. Or what counted as sun, sometimes Connor had a hard time telling through city smog.

Normally the raven-haired man spent his days within the Brothel, relaxing in his room. Possibly even reading one of his books, or chatting with any of the other prostitutes that lived in the brothel as well. Unless his boss needed his help with moving something or fixing something or help with putting in the numbers in the books.

But today, he decided to go out for a bit.

He had spent the first hour wandering around, glancing at the shops around him as he got his bearings again. When one did not go out often, they tended to have the need to map everything out again. When he felt confidant enough that he wasn't going to get lost, he set off for his favorite little bookstore that rested in The Alley.

Where he spent the next hour browsing books and reading bits of some to see if they were any good. After selecting a few, some being continuations of books he already owned while others where stand alone, he purchased them and left the store.

Leaving him to where he was now. Which was walking down the street and debating if he should head back now or go somewhere to get something to eat. Lost in his thoughts on the matter, he didn't notice the man that was following him until he was dragged into an alleyway away form the crowd. "What th-" Before he could finish his sentence, a hand covered his mouth and blue eyes widened.

The man before him was one he didn't recognize, but the guy looked at him as if he knew him. "I know you~" the man said, his voice gruff and low as smiled creepily. "You're one of them whores at Gomorrah. Bet you just love getting men to do all sorts of things to ya." Connor felt his blood run cold at the other's words, paling even further when the man pressed up against him and causing his apparent arousal to poke him.

This can not be happening. Connor thought, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment as he took a deep breath. He knew that sometimes the other prostitutes, the female ones, had issues of guys hassling them whenever they left Gomorrah, but never thought it would happen to him.

"How about you let me take you for a spin?" Connor flinched at the attempted purr the other man gave, feeling his stomach repulse as he tried to wriggle out of the man's grip.

"L-leave me alone." he muttered, tugging his hand harder. "I'm not on duty, if you want a try then you can just go to the brothel." The man's grip was pretty strong and the guy didn't seem to like Connor's answer, slamming the ravenette against the wall with a growl.

"I can't afford to go there. Don't see why a fella's gotta spend so much just to fuck a slut like you." Connor really didn't like where this was going and struggled harder against the man. he had broken free for one moment before the guy managed to slam him again, causing the prostitute to drop his bag. "Quit struggling you whore! You're only good for spreading ya legs anyways."

Connor felt the sting to his esteem at that comment, knowing quite well that it was true. but still, just becuase he was a prostitute didn't mean the man could do whatever he wanted when Connor was on his free time. "I said no!" he said, loudly before he tried pushing a little harder. However, he was still holding back from using his true amount of strength. If he hurt the guy, then the man could easily press chargers. Say that Connor attacked him out of nowhere. Or stole form him.

Cops always took the attacker's words over prostitute's anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:28 pm

For once, Terry had a mission other than wandering the streets or completing bounties. His fridge was dangerously low on food, as were his cupboards and kitchen shelves. While cooking had never been a priority, he used to cook for his mom and younger brother, and the habit of making dinner, sitting down and eating a self-prepared meal had continued to stick with him even after he'd left home for an apartment and career of his own.

Terry had also stopped at a records store to browse the old classics-and the new vinyls they were making for the modern songs and bands. Video game tracks could also be found on vinyls and they sounded really good on the record player his dad had given him when he was fifteen. After spending a little while in there and choosing some new ones to add to his collection, Terry went back out to the streets to find a subway so he could get back to his apartment before his milk spoiled.

He'd decided to cut through the alleys to get to the subway station closest to where he was, and was hurrying there when he paused and backtracked to an alley he'd walked past a few moments ago.

"Quit struggling you whore! You're only good for spreading ya legs anyways"

"I said no!"

Terry's jaw clenched in anger and he narrowed his eyes as he peered into the gloom of the alley. It was two men, one pushed against the wall and the other pinning him there, obviously intending to have sex with him, whether or not it was consentual. Creeps like that always sent Terry's blood boiling and he set down his bags, hoping they wouldn't be stolen, and crept up behind the man, before tapping him on the shoulder and giving a cheerful wave when he turned around.

"What the-" was all he got out before Terry punched him in the nose, breaking it. The guy stumbled back and Terry rounded on him, punching him again. "You. Do. Not. Force yourself on anyone!" He was losing his cool, he didn't care. Finally, he forced himself to stop, though the guy was still cowering on the ground. Gingerly the man got up and spat blood onto the ground, leering at Terry. "What, jealous? I'll let you have him when I'm done, how's that?"

Terry's eyes widened in disbelief and fury and he pulled out his gun and his bounty hunter's license, the man he answered to clearly written: Lyle Rourke. Terry smiled hard and angry as the man's face paled under the sheets of blood from the wounds Terry had caused. "I don't exactly have the same abilities as a cop, but I'm still allowed to bring in individuals for questioning in case there's a bounty. Now leave before I shoot you" He snarled the last two words and the man turned and stumbled out of the alley, Terry giving a warning shot near his head that had the man screaming.

When he was gone Terry gave a soft, relieved sigh and turned to the guy who'd been threatened. "You okay?" His eyes widened. It was the prostitute from Gomorrah. The one he'd interuppted. Well... Terry's face went red from the blush of remembered embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Connor felt panic rise within him as his attacker started becoming more aggressive in his pursuit of keeping the prostitute at bay. The man's grip was squeezed harder and he shoved the young man with more force. He could already feel the start of bruising from it all. Why can't he just leave me alone? he thought as he failed once more to break free and run away.

A hand cupped him through his jeans and Connor felt sick to his stomach. Blue eyes squeezed themselves shut as he tried to shrink into himself, wishing for it all to just end already. Had he left his eyes open, he would have spotted the approaching figure of his soon-to-be rescuer.

Though they did open upon hearing the confusion of his attacker and the decrease in pressure against him. The prostitute starred with wide eyes as someone punched the man before him with enough force that Connor heard a cracking sound. It was to his further shock that the person who came to his aide was none other than the bounty hunter that had busted in while he was working.

The young man was frozen as he watched the exchange between the two, blue eyes watching every swing Terry gave at the other. The words didn't really register in his mind, too shocked by what was happening before him to really take it in. "What, jealous? I'll let you have him when I'm done, how's that?" That, his brain did register and it caused him to shiver with fear.

But it seemed the bounty hunter was equally repulsed by the idea as he pulled out a gun and his licence. That along with a threat of being shot was enough to make the battered man take off, causing Connor to finally relax with relief before looking at his savior. Though relief turned into awkwardness with the danger gone and the prostitute left in a situation he never had to experience before. Added to the fact the last time he was with Terry it had been when he was interrupted blowing a client while stark naked.

So it was natural that he brought his gaze down while his shoulders hunched over as if to make himself smaller. Upon being asked about his well being, he glanced up only to see the man's eyes widen and his face redden as he apparently only now realized who it was he saved. The younger man felt heat rise in his own cheeks at this as he brought his gaze back down. "Y-yeah. I'm uh, I'm fine." he said quietly, rubbing the back of his neck as he shifted form one foot to the other. "T-thanks."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Terry shrugged. "Um..Don't mention it, scaring scumbags like that's actually fun so..." He laughed a little awkwardly and sighed. He didn't know what to say to Connor now. There was the whole issue with Gommorah, though Terry had sent the sheets back to the place as promised. Though he hadn't done it personally and had sent his landlady's son, he'd still kept his promise.

"Uh, did you get the sheets I sent back?" He hoped the sheets hadn't had to be replaced and come out of Connor's pay like the door had, it would only make him feel worse about the situation. Terry stayed a few feet away from the prostitute, not wanting to spook the poor guy after what he'd just gone through. He sighed. "You look like you need to sit down" Connor looked like he was either trying to shrink into himself or become one with the wall. Terry left him for a moment, but kept looking back to make sure he was still there, and got the grocery bags, which thankfully had not been snatched.

Terry made his way back to Connor and pulled out a bar of chocolate with a wry grin. "Chocolate stabilizes moods after shock or fear. At least store-bought milk chocolate does" He offered it to Connor while looking at him with a mix of abashed embarrassment and curiosity. Embarrassment because yea, they had a bit of an awkward last meeting, and curiosity because Connor was a big guy with muscles. How could he not break free from his attacker?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:29 pm

A tiny smile formed on the socially awkward male's lips, feeling a tiny bit more at ease to know the bounty hunter enjoyed beating up and scaring bad people. It made it seem like helping him out was not so much of a sudden burden. Which was good because then Connor felt like he wasn't expected to owe the man anything. In the world everyone usually wanted something from someone, and though it was always obvious when he was at work, the young man never knew what people wanted in situations like these.

It was one of many reasons why he was socially awkward. He just didn't know what people wanted form him. Didn't know what to do or how to act, too many variables to how they would take it. It was just one big pool of uncertainty. And Connor... well Connor didn't like uncertainty. Was scared of it really. Anything could happen. Especially something bad.

He was taken away from those thoughts and fears by the question about the sheet. Blinking, he looked up at the other before nodding quickly. "Uh y-yeah. I did." he said softly, his eyes glancing downwards again. he did indeed get the sheets back, or well the brothel did. He didn't directly get them as the other hadn't even known his name. But he was told they were brought back, but some teenager had brought it in.

The prostitute brought an arm up and around his chest to hug his other arm, his thumb rubbing against clothed skin. He should really leave. Just grab his bag and go. Head back to the brothel and lock himself in his room and not come out until it was time to work. But he couldn't find himself able to move. Like he was frozen in place. Why couldn't he move his legs?

"You look like you need to sit down."

As if he was under some spell that had now been broken, Connor felt his legs weaken before he slid down the wall to the ground. He didn't even notice the other leaving, just brought his legs up to his chest and hug them as he buried his face in his knees. I can't believe that happened! he thought as he took in a deep shaky breath.

He had actually been attacked. Some creep had actually attacked him, molested him, and attempted to- Don't think about it. he thought as his grip at his legs tightened until his knuckles turned white. If one looked closely at him, they would see his shoulders shaking from the ordeal that finally sunk in. What was he supposed to do? He had never experienced something of that sort before.

He heard Terry speak, causing him to jump out of startlement and lift his head up. Blue eyes blinked before the word chocolate finally sunk into his brain, Connor starring in bewilderment and curiosity as to what the other man was getting at. When a chocolate bar was offered to him, he tensed as a panic sensation filled him. Why was he offering him chocolate? To make him feel better? Why? "I- I couldn't." he said quickly, his face showing his unease and uncertainty about this unknown situation.

"You've already helped me, this- this is too much." How much more would he owe this man? What did he even want from the younger man?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:36 am

Terry nodded, a little relieved. He was very glad that his landlady's kid had delivered the sheets to Gomorrah instead of doing something weird or disturbing like holding them hostage for a free night with one of the prostitutes, or something. "Didn't know your name so they weren't sent in directly, but glad they got to you just the same" he turned his back for a moment and missed the shy smile.

Terry was glad that Connor was sitting down, but by the way his shoulders were shaking and he was clenched in on himself, he was in the process of a panic attack, or very close to it. Terry kneeled beside him, torn on trying to comfort him and risk scaring the younger male, or leaving him be and risk a full panic attack. He gently touched his hand for a moment. "Relax. You're safe now, okay?" Terry wasn't going to let anything happen to Connor, not while he was near him.

Terry raised an eyebrow at the decline. "Too much?" He asked, skeptical and a little amused. "It's cheap 99 cent chocolate. I can buy this by the armload if I want to" and he had a few times, most notably right after Dinah and Hogarth's dad's deaths. Some people turned to drugs, some to drink, Terry had turned to chocolate.

Terry sighed. "How about, if you feel you owe me, you give me your name?" So he could snap him out of his panic by other means than touching him and risk scaring him more. "But you don't really owe me anything" He muttered. He liked helping people, especially when they were really in trouble like this. It just felt good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connor Kent

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Indeed he never gave the other man his name, even after Terry had introduced himself. Though to be fair, Connor had never said he would give his name. Instead he had simply given a coy reply and then chosen not to. At the time it seemed like a good idea, just a little teasing to see what the other would do.

The younger man flinched at the sudden touch on his hand, before forcing himself to relax as his mind processed the tough as gentle. He's not gonna hurt me. he's not gonna hurt me. It was strange feeling, having to tell yourself that the person that saved you was safe. it should have been common knowledge, something that he should already know. But his body was just reacting, and he had no idea how to keep it under control.

And he really didn't like the feeling of helplessness.

When the other man looked at him skeptically from the rejection of the chocolate bar, Connor began to feel insecure. Ok perhaps a cheap bar of candy wasn't considered too much by other people's -normal people's- standards. But he wasn't used to acts of kindness by strangers, least of all by strangers that knew he was a prostitute. Society looked down on people like him, or his late mother, for the profession they did. And besides, no one did things simply out of the goodness of their heart. At least, that's what his mother taught him.

People do things only because they get something out of it. Nothing good in life is ever for free, there's always a price. Those were his mother's words. And he stuck by it. Connor could handle the fact the man saved him, what he got out of that was the satisfaction of beating up some scumbag. He could handle the fact the man paid him double what was owed during their first meeting, what Terry got out of it was probably the fact the owner wouldn't bug him about paying or the door's lock. But the chocolate? What did he get out of that?

"How about, if you feel you owe me, you give me your name?"

Blue eyes blinked before the younger man starred at him with knitted brows. His name? That was it? That was all he wanted? He could do that, that was easy enough. With slight hesitance, as if making sure that was all the man wanted -and ignoring the muttered comment of how he really didn't owe the man- and wasn't going to spring something else on him, Connor slowly reached for the chocolate bar and took it gently into his grasp.

"... Connor." he mumbled out, glancing back down as he held the bar closely to him. "Connor Kent." Perhaps the last name was a bit much, as he only knew Terry's first name -if it was even his actual name- but the other didn't ask for his full name. but he also didn't specify. Plus by giving his full name, it helped give the feeling of giving what was owed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:08 am

Terry watched him clench up with intense amounts of concern and looked away for a moment. He also removed his hand from Connor's, as it was the reason the prostitute was reacting that way. "...I'm all for consent" He muttered. He really wanted the younger man to not be so jumpy around him, to relax a little. Terry wasn't his enemy, all he wanted was to help him out.

Terry grinned as Connor hesitantly gave him his name, relieved that the other had actually gone along with Terry's suggestion to "pay" for the chocolate. "Connor. Nice name. I'm Terry McGinnis. Glad to be formally introduced, Connor" Terry did note he held the chocolate to him almost like a lifeline. That was a little worrying still, but he seemed to be doing a little better than before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]   

Back to top Go down

Awkward Reunions [Tag: Terry]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1