The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 am

Eric opened the door to the cafe, hearing the little bell ring as he walked in. He was hungry and aching for a place to just sit and relax. His apartment, he discovered, was very different from the pictures on the website, and was completely different from his previous home in Chicago. But, it would have to do for a temporary home as he wasn't entirely settled into Attica yet. He walked up to the counter to order food instead of having to wait for a waiter, after all he did just wanted to have a simple lunch.

After getting an order of a slice of pie, he glanced over his back to search for tables when he saw a familiar face. In a booth by the window sat Helga. It was a pleasant surprise; he had actually been meaning to get a hold of her. Eric cleared his throat and grabbed his plate before making his way to her, hoping he wasn't interrupting her. "Sinclair," he let out a small chuckle as he stood in front of her table. "I didn't know you came here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Helga took a sip from her cup of coffee, eyes never leaving the page in front of her. Evangeline was on the verge of confessing to Henric, something that Helga had been looking forward to for five books already. If the author was only teasing again...

She looked up from her book when she heard her name. "Lyles." She said, surprised. "Er, yes, I do." She tried to fold the book back further, not wanting him to see the title. She'd be mortified if any of her co-workers knew that she read such cheesy romance novels. "I have a bit of a weakness for their pastries." She chuckled nervously.

"Would you like to have a seat?" she asked, gesturing to the empty seat across from her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Eric smiled back to her responses. He blinked in surprise when she offered him a seat. "Oh, sure. Thank you. I hope I wasn't interrupting a good book," Eric smiled as he sat down. He didn't expect the offer, but he was grateful for it anyway. "Do you want some pie? It's cherry." Eric asked, while breaking open his utensil packet and removing the fork and spoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:53 pm

"Oh no, you're fine." Helga assure him with a smile, leaving the book aside after marking her place. Her smile widened at the offer of cherry pie. She hadn't been kidding when the pastries were her weakness. "Thank you. Cherry is my favorite." She said, trucking some hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Eric sat up a little bit and scooted himself in closer. He slid the plate in the middle and gave her the plastic fork. "It's my favorite too," he said as he took a piece off with his spoon. "I would always make some for myself when I felt down. But I haven't, um.. had any in a while." He remembered the heaps of many cherry pies he made years ago after his first dog had died, and how much he had eaten in one sitting. It was an embarrassing trip to the hospital, he thought to himself as he furrowed his eyebrows in thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Helga took the fork, digging into the perfectly baked crust once he'd gotten a piece. "My mother baked me a cherry pie instead of a cake for my birthday when I was younger." She said, chuckling. She bit into her piece, savoring the flavor. "I keep trying to make one as good as hers, but they never turn out right. This place is as close as it gets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:26 am

Eric smiled as Helga chuckled. He looked up to her from the pie. He finished chewing his piece and swallowed it contently. Waiting for her to take her piece, he took another small portion from the tip of the pie. "You bake?" He asked, with a warm grin, his eyes lit a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 am

Helga shrugged, smiling. "When I have time." She answers, "Mostly pies and cookies. Those are my best; pick me ups for when I need them." The smell would help her relax after long shifts and ugly arrests. "Say, you hear about that gala some high society hoity-toity's throwing?" She had thought about attending, even on her own. With the raid and Aurora's funeral, she needed a chance to let her hair down, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 am

Eric smiled warmly. He had dug his fork into another piece before he looked up as Helga mentioned the gala. "Right," Eric said. He cleared his throat. "I heard of it." He gave a nervous chuckle before looking her in the eyes. "I-I was actually.. Well I was wondering if perhaps you would like to attend the gala with me." He wasn't sure how she would react or whether she would interpret it as a date or as friends or being polite, but he had already let the words out of his mouth and he was nervous about what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sara Delgado

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:40 am

Helga turned her attention to him when he cleared his throat and listened as he spoke awkwardly. She actually found the shyness endearing, somewhat. Usually she didn't care for such a quality. A little smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. Well, she certainly didn't mind his company and it'd be nice to have someone she knew to dance with. "Sure, that'd be nice." she said before taking another bite of the pie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:29 am

Eric was feeling a little bit shy, she was his mentor of all things, and maybe it was a bit inappropriate. But he felt like she deserved a nice night out, and he thought it would be nice to attend with her to such an event. However things would go after that, he didn't know, and was kind of looking forward to it.
When she answered, Eric felt his smile open into a grin, and his eyes lit a little bit. "Great," he smiled. "So I guess I'll pick you up." He said as he took another bite, his eyes on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helga Sinclair
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Helga propped her chin on her free hand, fingers trying to hide the widening smile. His grin was infectious. It was almost like having a puppy around. "I live on East Hansen Street." She said, "My house has a red roof and door. There will probably be a white cat sleeping on the porch."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)   

Back to top Go down

Is it a date? (Tag: Helga)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1