Gods & Monsters

The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 am

Milo played around a bit with his slice of pumpkin cake with his fork, before taking a bite of it. Ever since the raid incident and Aurora's funeral, Milo was avoiding the tip top club at any cost. Not until everything got back into order there. And when Milo felt better about going. So either the buttercup cafe or the brothel were the only places he would really go to now. The male had only came to this place due to him having a sweet tooth and he deserved to indulge himself in something sweet after what Korso had told me a while ago about some Gala.

His boss and most of the Moriarti were actually going to attend the Gala while Milo had thought he'd rather not. But Korso was on intent on nagging Milo to go to the Gala until he had given in. Which Milo had did. Now he was going to attend some Gala which he had no interest in at all. What was he going to even do there? Dance? With who? Mingle? With his people he knew from the gang? It didn't seem to much fun for him. Milo couldn't really refuse his boss's nagging about the Gala though since he knew that Joseph was just trying to get him back into high spirits. Especially since Milo had gone through some cold moments after the raid and learning of his sister's death. But he was reassuringly returning back into his old self, even though his emotion scars were still visible across his heart. But he was still making progress.

Milo sighed softly as his thoughts averted back to being forced to attend the Gala. To Milo, he had the feeling that he looked grouchy while that wasn't what the other customers and workers thought. To them, he almost looked like he was pouting which caused some of the customers smile and giggle at seeing this. Milo had been a regular to the Buttercup cafe ever since he was little, so most of the staff and regular customers knew him. Although he hadn't quite visited much after he joined the mafia, but it seemed he was back even if it was for a short time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 am

Terry didn't really feel like a gala of all things was the best thing to have so soon after what had happened at the Tip Top, but he wasn't in control. After what had happened to him-getting more or less accidentally kidnapped on top of being stabbed-he was just frequenting less shady areas for the time being, just so he had less of a chance of getting pulled into that sort of situation again. Rourke had gone pretty much mad with grief and Terry continued to avoid getting into too many situations regarding his boss.

So, he'd lately found himself at the Buttercup Cafe to have coffee and a good sandwhich and a slice of pie, soaking in a little moment the less dark part of the world for as long as he could before he had to go out again and do his job. He didn't mind, but it was nice being reminded that not everything revolved around drugs and money and blood. Sometimes it revolved around football games and cherry pie and pop songs, too.

Today when he entered, he saw a rather familiar face and felt a little torn. Should he go and comfort Milo with what had happened to his sister, or did he avoid him and just get coffee and pie? His better nature won out, mostly because Milo was [b]pouting[/i] and that was damn adorable.

Terry went to the booth Milo was in and coughed lightly. "Saw you were alone. Can I join you?" He looked away and sighed. "Sorry about your sister" He muttered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am

Milo continued to play with his pumpkin cake slice before glancing up at the sound of a familiar voice. He hadn't seen Terry ever since the incident at the Moriarti Den after Helga had came, bringing news of his sister. Milo was glad that Korso had chose to let the male live and let him go. If Korso hadn't, Milo wasn't sure what he would've done. He'd probably had snapped at Korso and he knew it wouldn't have ended pleasantly with Milo being distant and cold due to the recent events. So both Korso and Milo had avoided an argument that would've affected them and the gang greatly.

He quickly averted his attention to the male, before nodding slightly. It had been quite some time since that incident, so it was actually nice to see the other male again. His lips slightly tugged into a small smile which he gave the other male. "Sure, I don't mind." Milo answered, before taking another bite of his cake off the fork. He flinched slightly as the male mentioned his sister, averting his gaze as he laid the fork down. "Everyone is. Nothing new about that." Milo muttered softly, biting his lip harshly as he shook his head ever so slightly of his cold attitude of the the mention of his sister by another. "Sorry about that, she's still not a good subject with me currently still." Milo apologized, giving the other male a weak, apologetic smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 am

Terry smiled when Milo smiled and sat down across from him, waiting for the waitress to come over. Terry sighed and shrugged, knowing it was still a touchy topic. "Yea. Everyone tells you they know how you feel, and are always offering condolences because that's what you're supposed to do, right?" His voice was hollow and sad, as he remembered Dina's funeral. "And all you want is for them to shut up and leave you alone, right? Terry sighed and smiled ruefully at Milo. "No, I get that, really. I may not know what it's like to lose a sister, but I get losing a loved one" Milo didn't have to shoot him that apologetic look, or bite his lip so hard. It wasn't his fault, he didn't have to beat himself up over it.

He blew his hair out of his eyes and glanced over at Milo. "You gonna go to the gala?Hear it's going to be pretty big this year" He changed the subject for Milo's benefit. "I never really saw the point in dances, and especially not so soon after something like Tip Top, but I guess it might prove interesting to watch on the television at least"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 am

Milo blinked in surprise as he listened to the male, hearing genuine sadness in the other's male tone. It seemed that the male had already a past with death. He shrugged his shoulders, nodding head slightly to the male's comment about wanting others to shut up about the death of his sister. All they were really doing was causing him more pain as he tried to get over her death. Milo especially didn't like the sorrowful, pity filled gazes set on him. It had almost sent him in a spiral at Aurora's funeral, but he kept a cool head until he was by himself alone. Milo sighed softly as he rubbed the back of his neck lightly. "Well you definitely got it down packed of how I feel with others offering condolences to me about my sister." he remarked in a sheepish tone, finding it a bit relieved that the other male understood it.

He felt much better when the male changed the subject, although the Gala wasn't exactly what Milo had in mind. He had been dwelling over the fact of being forced of going to the Gala a while a go. He scoffed a bit at the mention of the Gala. "Unfortunately I'm going due to Korso's consistent nagging. I finally gave in...and well it looks I'm going. Even though I see no point in going." Milo huffed a bit, picking up his fork as he resumed picking at his cake. "I see that we both agree on this." Milo slightly chuckled in amusement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:59 am

Terry chuckled and shrugged at Milo's sheepish tone. "I, uh, used to have a girlfriend" It hurt still talking about it. The pain was better than it used to be, this was true, but it was still painful. "She was killed in a fight for territory" He didn't mention her exact role in this, or why she'd died. Dinah's death Terry could say with certainty had been all his fault.

Terry laughed. "Well, do you have anyone to go with? I could always go with you. I've got nothing better to do that night, and going with a friend sounds better than watching tv and getting drunk" although getting drunk with Milo might be more fun than the gala. And he was pretty sure Korso wouldn't get that mad. Terry didn't know the location of the hide-out, and had helped him fix up some of his people after the Tip Top. Plus, Terry'd never hurt the son of his boss. Terry grinned. "We're in total agreement, but going with a friend is better than being alone" Especially if you were developing a minor crush on said friend and enjoyed their company. "Maybe we'll find people to dance with" He had no idea what you did at a gala to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 am

Milo felt a bit awkward as the male spoke about his well dead girlfriend, grimacing slightly at the fact that she was killed in a fight for territory. Which meant that she had to have been connected to the mafia. He had heard of innocents getting killed in fights dealing with the territories between mobs. Milo was still intent on decreasing the numbers of innocents being killed to zero. Hopefully that day would come. "That's been happening quite alot, one of the problems that I've been working on to prevent." Milo commented in a soft sigh, wishing that Terry's girlfriend hadn't been a victim.

He chuckled lightly a bit at Terry's suggestion, tilting his head at the other male. The thought of Terry going with him to the gala didn't sound bad at all. Milo was actually pleased with the suggestion, since he wouldn't be bored out of his mind at the event. If Korso objected to this idea, Milo would just bring it to his attention that if he was going to be nagged into going to the Gala then he was allowed to bring someone. Even if that someone was a bounty hunter who was his friend. "I would like for you to go with me to the Gala. It really would be more enjoyable to be with a friend rather than standing there bored out of my mind." Milo stated with a light grin. He rubbed slightly at his cheek with his index finger at the mention of getting drunk. "I got to remind myself to be careful of how much I drink at that place. I've kind of learned through a drinking game at one of the clubs with Korso and some of the guys, that I'm a bit of a flirt drunk." he grinned sheepishly in embarrassment. "And dancing isn't quite my forte' so I might just hand around conversing," he added, with a shrug of the shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 am

Terry gave a crooked smile. "Yea, it happens more than it should. I...hope you succeed in that, preventing deaths like hers" Terry smiled faintly at the soft sigh and then looked away as the waitress came up to him, looking at he and Milo curiously. She knew Milo, but Terry was still a pretty new customer.

If Rourke got pissed at him, he could always say that he was just trying to keep Milo safe, to pay him back for saving his life at the Tip Top. Exactly how Terry would do that went through his head as he listened to Milo, pretty elated that he'd accepted his offer. He quirked an eyebrow and smirked. "A Flirty drunk, huh? No offense, but that sounds kind of cute, actually. I mean, Every time I've seen you you've been worried or sad. A happy you would be interesting" Terry chuckled. "I only do club dancing, so I think I'll just stick with you and talk. More interesting than playing popularity contest with anyone and everyone else there, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Milo nodded slightly to Terry, a bit glad that he had support for it. He then huffed slightly as the other male had commented that being a flirty drunk sounded kind of cute to him, blushing ever so lightly at the memories of himself that night of the drinking game. Milo shook his said, muttering, "It was pretty embarrassing, especially when I became like that in front of my boss and other mob members." Korso still hadn't let him live that down and unfortunately Loki really wanted to see him as a flirty drunk, so he had to be careful around them both. Milo then quirked an eyebrow as the male had recalled only seeing Milo as worried or sad. "Well in my defense one of us had been hurt every time that we'd ran into each other." Milo chuckled, shrugging his shoulders lightly. It was a bit funny to tell the truth. At least they had met again, this time unharmed at the cafe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Terry ordered a ham sandwich and coffee before turning back to Milo, giving a wide grin. "In that context, I can see how it'd be really embarrassing" He still thought it'd be adorable anyhow, and Milo blushing slightly just made him smile more. Terry had to concede the point. "Not to mention we keep meeting each other in dangerous situations, like cops coming or a shoot-out" Terry said thoughtfully. At least so far the cafe seemed safe. But if it was suddenly the stage of a freak robbery, Terry was going to kick something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Milo grinned slightly as the other other male could see how it would be embarrassing for Milo. Then nodded slightly in agreement on how they kept meeting each other in such situations. "Bit weird isn't it? But I guess it's due to our opposite occupations," Milo remarked, tilting his head at the other male. "But at least we actually ran into each other in such a safe environment. A bit surprising though," he added, glancing around the cafe with a light smile. This place had always been safe for him ever since Milo was little. He drunk a bit of tea before setting the cup back down as he refocused his attention back on the male. "So how's your wound?" he asked, a bit curious on how the male had did with healing since he had left the Moriarti Den that day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Most likely" Terry agreed, nodding his head slightly as his order was brought to him. "Safe's just fine with me at the moment. And while I can't believe it really, I'm not complaining" He watched Milo glance around at the cafe. He seemed really at home there in the cafe, and it made Terry wonder about more of his life. Terry blinked before putting his hand on his side. "Better, actually. Still hurts if I move to quickly, but for the most part it's healing fine, thank you for asking" He drank some of his coffee and scratched his neck. "How's....um, everyone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Milo took notice of the other male watching him as he gazed around the cafe with fondness. He smiled sheepishly as he returned his gaze on the other male. "I've uh...been coming here since I was a kid. I just haven't been here for some time after joining the mafia. It's a bit refreshing from the clubs," Milo explained nervously, slightly embarrassed that Terry had saw him in a tender moment. He nodded his head, sighing softly in relief that the wound wasn't hurting the other male much anymore. "No problem." Milo began to eat a bit more of his cake before Terry's next question surprised yet amused him. "Back to normal you could say. Although more cautious than before I guess. The raid did shake up the mob's faith in their safety from the police though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:17 am

Terry moved his gaze somewhere else, as it seemed he was sort of freaking Milo out, and that was the very last thing he wanted to do at the moment. "Since you were a kid, huh? Thought it looked like people knew you" He laughed softly. "I like it, it's sort of got this small town vibe going for it, you know?" He took a bite out of his sandwich. "Mmm, Yea, clubs aren't cutting it for me right now either" Although it wasn't really from the incident, he just needed a change of pace for a little while, it happened bi-yearly with him where he'd go from slow-paced to fast-paced, and then switch back in the next few years.

Terry nodded slowly, he bet it had. The gangs had ruled the city, ruled Tip Top, and then came Rourke in all his might, and made an explosive impression. "How's the blond guy, and your boss?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 am

Milo relaxed a bit as the male moved his gaze from him, a bit relieved that he did. There were times when he got embarrassed at being seen in tender moments like that. "I'm a regular around here so was my dad too." But that had been quite some time ago with his dad, Milo believed. Although he didn't keep up with his father's activities when he left for the mafia. He nodded in agreement, saying, "It does, doesn't it? I actually know one of the waitresses here from school. You could say that she was one of the people who kind of had me doubting the police pathway that I was heading down on." It had made much since to Milo when the girl had told him that her father was put in jail for no reason. If his dad had answered his questions about the man, Milo would've believed what ever lie his dad told him. But he didn't so Milo had been forced to believe the girl, causing some tension between him and his father.

He tilted his head at the other male, a bit curious to why he wasn't visiting clubs either. "What are your reasons?" he asked bluntly, not noticing how straightforward he was with the male. Sometimes he could be blunt or not with his questions. "They're both doing okay. Korso's is being a bit more strict with his daughter due to the Raid event while John's with his wife doting over him probably."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:22 am

"Huh, I never knew" Of course, Terry knew very little about his boss's personal life. It was interesting hearing small bits from his son. Terry's eyebrows went up. Really? Well, Milo really had a connection to this place, no wonder he was so fond of it. In a way, it had made him who he was.

Terry chuckled and shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "Um, they aren't really 'good' reasons I suppose" He admitted, a trifle embarrassed. "But every few years I just get tired of the club life and go back to something quieter. I usually go back to the club life again though after a while, but yea. I just...got tired of it" He smiled apologetically. "Not that good of reasons, like I said" He was to the point, wasn't he? Terry nodded, relieved. "Well, glad they're okay and Korso's taking care of his daughter" But he was pretty sure he wasn't supposed to care if they were okay or not. They were by all counts his enemies. But, they had helped him, so he did care a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:18 am

Milo chuckled up a bit at Terry's reactions about his earlier comments. He had a feeling that his father wouldn't let others know that he visited this place quite alot. Quite expected it actually. "A bit hard picturing my father coming here, isn't it?" Milo said in a teasing tone, with a smile.

He quirked an eyebrow as the other male spoke of his reasons for not going to the club much either. It was slightly amusing to see the other male embarrassed. It was refreshing and good to see someone else being embarrassed than him. He listened until the man finished his explanation, while giving Milo an apologetic smile. Milo couldn't help but chuckle softly at this. "Guess it's like a routine, sort of?" he remarked, looking at it as one. "Thanks. Although his daughter isn't that pleased with him being stricter. I got a feeling that she might want to take over the business one day." Milo commented, shrugging his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:20 am

Terry nodded. "Mhm. It really is" He looked around, honestly trying to picture Rourke in the cafe. He couldn't quite manage it and shook his head, laughing. "He's usually in his office with his coffee, or barking orders. Unless it's for work, I've never really seen him out of the station. The idea he used to come here is...odd to me"

Terry shrugged, relieved Milo seemed to understand, to an extent. "You could say that" Terry smiled faintly. "At least she's got someone who cares about her. After...after what happened I'm not surprised he got stricter to protect her. And if she wants to take over one day, awesome!" Terry grinned. "But she should appreciate her dad's love till then" He wouldn't be around forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 am

Milo sighed slightly at hearing that his father hadn't really changed his ways at the police department. "Working too much still, I see." Milo muttered, his father's obsession with work had taken a toll on him when he was young, not understanding why his father wasn't the same much anymore. He actually ended up coming to the Buttercup cafe alone at the age of fourteen, since his father had forgotten about their regular routine in going there due to work. His father went absolutely crazy when he couldn't find his son when he got home from work. Actually sent out a search party for him, grounding him when they had found Milo at the cafe.

Milo nodded as Terry responded to his comment about Korso's daughter, chuckling lightly. "I'm not sure if I'd be to enthused with her taking over the business though. She's pretty much the kind of child who receives everything they want, kind of a materialistic daughter." Milo commented, shrugging his shoulders. He agreed with Korso in not giving her that much responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry McGinnis

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Terry Shrugged at the mutter. He couldn't comment, it wasn't like he was much better. He'd driven Dinah absolutely insane with his work addiction, breaking dates and getting home late from work. He was a bit better, but it was a classic case of "Too little too late" and he knew it.

Terry shrugged. "If she does then, let's hope she's a fast learner" If she did take over, Terry hoped she could step up to the challenge and do well, if only for Milo's sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:24 am

He tilted his head at the male when he didn't respond at all to his mutter, smiling lightly before pointing at Terry. "You should try to persuade my father to get of the police station more." Milo commented in a teasing tone, his eyes glimmered with amusement at the prospect of Terry persuading his father to stop with the work and try to live life a bit more.

Milo nodded his head slightly in agreement after finishing off his pumpkin cake. He sighed heavily, giving Terry a playfully exasperated look. "It's going to be so much fun advising her especially when she's has some of her father's remarkable traits." he chuckled in a sarcastic tone, slightly dreading of the day that Cindy might take over the business. Milo had nothing against Korso's daughter, it's just he didn't think she could control the responsibility of being the head of one of the most powerful mobs in Attica city.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)   

Back to top Go down

Gala coming around the corner soon (TAG: Terry)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1