HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:36 am

3 years old

Cecelia didn't remember much of the day her mother died. Just that she'd opted to stay home while Richard and Cecelia went out for the day. Cecelia didn't remember what they did, just that when they came home she was full and tired and sticky from something minty green, probably ice cream. The door had been open and the hall was dark. Her dad had placed his daughter in the bushes and told her to be real quiet, they were gonna play hide and seek before she took her nap. Playing with her dad was always fun so she did as she was told as he carefully made his way into the dark of the house.

She heard a sobbed out howl and was startled and scared. Cecelia must have wandered into the house to see who was making the noise because the next thing she remembered was standing in the door to the laundry room, watching her dad cry. There was dark red everywhere, but she didn't see her mom. Just Richard Riddick in the middle of the room, crying. He'd noticed her at some point and sprang to his feet, swooping down and picking her up.

"We gotta go"

"Is Momma coming?"

"...No. She gotta stay behind, but we'll see her again"

"Soon?"

"...Maybe"

The rest of the day was a blank, really. But it always bothered Cecelia, because she wasn't sure if it was added by time or not, but it seemed that a lot of the red had been trickling out of the washing machine.

6 years old

It had been pay day in July, she remembered that, just after the fourth. Cecelia had seen a ball rolling down the street and chased after it, finally grabbing it and looking up to realize that she was no longer in an area she knew. Several feet down the road was a large building, it sort of looked like a palace. Some men went in, a few were laughing and a couple were looking over their shoulders furtively. Cecelia tilted her head and dropped the ball, beginning to walk toward the large building curiously.

"Gotcha, you" Large arms snagged her and she found herself cradled into her father's arms. "What have I told you about wandering off?" Cecelia squirmed. She was too old to be held! But Richard held her firm until a defeated huff of "Not too..." was heard. He hugged her tightly for a moment before setting her down again. As usual, he was wearing a black ski-cap, sunglasses and a leather jacket. Once, Cecelia had asked him if he got hot in the dark clothes during the summer, but her dad had just grinned and said "I'm too cool for the sun ta bother me" it had made her laugh.

Cecelia turned back to the building as Richard took her hand. "What's that place?" He'd looked to where she'd pointed and stiffened for a minute before kneeling beside her and making her look at him, glasses slipped down so the pale blue eyes bored into her. "The safest place in this city, but dangerous too" that hadn't made any sense to Cecelia and her father had sighed. "It's called Gomorrah. Go to it if you're in trouble, but only if you have no other options, ya hear? Wander the streets before ya go there" It still hadn't made much sense to Cecelia, but she'd promised her dad and he let her go, some relief flitting over his face. "Kay baby. Let's get somethin' ta eat"

It was later that Cecelia learned that Gomorrah was a whore house, but she'd always privately thought it couldn't be completely bad, if her dad had told her to go there in a time of extreme need.

10 years old

Cecelia was in the waiting room for the principal's office while her dad talked to the principal. They'd been in there a long time and she was stewing in misery. Finally, Richard came out of the inner office and kneeled in front of his daughter, his welding glasses from his job still on his face. The dark lenses reflected Cecelia's worried face back to her. "You wanna tell me why you punched a kid in the face so hard ya broke his nose and knocked out two teeth?"

Cecelia shrank into herself and stared at the floor, mumbling something. Richard tapped his daughter on the top of her head. "Come again, Jonesy?" He only used that nickname anymore when he meant business. She flinched and after a long moment looked up at him, angry flames in her cerulean blue eyes. "He said you were a cock-sucking whore" Richard tilted his head slightly and raised an eyebrow, an obvious 'come again' expression. "There ain't nuthin wrong with bein' a whore" He said finally.

Cecelia looked anguished. "But you aren't one, are you?" Richard laughed softly, the scary laugh he used when he was disappointed or angry. "No. But would ya think any differently of me if I was?" Cecelia looked down, feeling guilty and Richard gently tilted her head back up to look him face-on. "There ain't nuthin wrong with bein a whore or the kid of one, ya understand? I might not be one, but that don't mean that there aren't kids out there who don't got parents who're prostitutes or whores, you understand?" Cecelia nodded, biting her lip.

Richard then cracked a shit-eating grin. "Now, did ya give better than you got?" Cecelia grinned and nodded, offering a bruise on her arm for him to see. "That's all he got in" Riddick laughed. "That's my girl"

13 years old

Her dad had splurged on her for her birthday and Cecelia felt extremely spoiled as she blew out the candles on the cake. She was wearing a white and blue sailor cut party dress, bought by her with her allowance. Her birthday card had forty dollars in it, and there was a new semi-automatic pistol in a box just for her. Richard had explained off-handedly that he'd been saving for a year and a half, and a few things had been intended as Christmas presents the year before, but he'd forgotten to wrap them. Cecelia didn't care and kissed her dad's cheek in happiness anyway.

They were about to eat the cake when someone knocked on the door. Somehow, it sounded terrifying and Cecelia looked to her dad with wide eyes as he frowned at the door. He still looked relaxed, but the hand on the table was a tight fist. Richard picked his daughter up like he hadn't since she was seven and swiftly carried her to the back room, where there was a smaller panic room hidden inside. "Hide" He commanded gruffly, and Cecelia slipped into the panic room without question, feeling terrified.

Cecelia crouched in the hidden room as she listened to the sounds of talking, then arguing, then fighting. Suddenly, a body crashed just above her head and she flinched and tried not to scream. The groaning voice was her father's. From the sounds of sliding and thumping, he was dragged off the top of where she was, which was disguised as a window seat, and tossed to the ground. "Pretty fuckin clever, Riddick, managing to hide in plain sight all these years. Where's your kid? Heard ya had a pretty little girl"

"You heard wrong. She got hit by a bus a few years ago. Real tragic. In the papers an everything" Yes, it was her dad talking, but different than when he talked to her. Cool, calculating, no emotions at all. It was scary. The other guy laughed. "That so? Well, we'll just keep an eye on the schools around here and yer house for a bit, how's that?"

"Fine. But ya ain't gonna find her. Told ya, she's gone" Cecelia had a feeling that was directed at her, a hidden message to leave, and she chewed her lip. She had to wait till they were gone before getting out and slipping out the back door. Her dad had often joked about making a secret passage out of the house, but as far as Cecelia knew, he hadn't ever actually done it. Cecelia heard them walk towards the door, and waited for an hour, keeping track by saying 'one mississippi, two mississippi.." until she reached sixty mississipies, counting each sixty on her fingers, starting over when she had two fists. She did this six times before peeking out of the panic room. Nobody that she could see.

Cecelia slipped out of the area and crept quietly towards the back door, terrified someone was going to leap out and catch her. Nobody. Creeping out of the door and through the back yard and still, nobody. She began hopping neighbor's fences until she got to the end of the street and then slipped out onto the street, looking down towards her house. There were two guys in her front yard. Her heart leaped into her chest and she turned and began walking towards another street, pretending to be casual.

It wasn't until she was across town and standing by Gomorrah did she let herself relax and celebrate a little in the fact that, at the moment, she'd gotten away and was safe. Cecelia hesitated by Gomorrah before walking away from it. Her dad had said wander the streets first. So that's what she'd do. "A month, dad" She whispered, tears leaking down her face. "I'll give it a month. If I can't find anywhere better, I'm coming back to Gomorrah"[/b]

Last edited by Cecelia Riddick on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:44 am

Oh my god!!! The feels!!!!! QWQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 am

mhm ^^; but thank you <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milo Thatch

PostSubject: Re: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:18 am

I really loved their close relationship <33 Makes me wish that his former gang had just left him alone *Pouts*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm

>.>; I know, right XD they shouldn't have shaken the wasp nest, really. But Richard B. Riddick is very good at his job...^^; poor Cecelia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories   

Back to top Go down

Cecelia's Most Vivid Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1