The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Cecelia hadn't intended to come into the pawn shop at all. But the dress had caught her attention. It looked just like the one her dad had got her for her birthday, the one she'd gotten ruined. The only difference was this one had no sash. Before she knew it, she was in the shop and trying to haggle for the dress.

Cecelia stood at the counter with the money she had-forty dollars, and refused to budge even when the owner tried to get her to leave. Finally, she resorted to offering her hat and the forty for the dress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Annie usually visited the pawn shop due to her habit of collecting daggers of variety kinds. She was leaning over one of the cases that contained a few daggers, tilting her head in interest in one of the daggers. The design of one of the certain daggers really appealed to her tastes, and if Annie remembered correctly, she didn't have one like this at all. Soon Annie's decision making became interrupted as she glanced over at a young girl and the owner. The girl had money in her hand, but the owner seemed to resilient to the girl's offers.

Curiosity got the best of Annie as she strolled over to the two, tilting her head at the owner. "What's going on over here?" she asked in a curious tone, side glancing down at the young girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Cecelia looked over at the woman who spoke and clutched her hat to her chest. "Um, well...I want the dress in the window, but he won't give it to me. I even offered my hat to help pay for it" The owner sniffed. "The price is seventy. That's final. Forty bucks and a hat ain't gonna cut it" He did appear a little nervous around the woman though and Cecelia regarded her with interest. "I can figure this out on my own" She said quietly, not wanting to be bothersome to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Her eyes quickly flitted over the young's girl clothes, before over at the dress that the girl pointed out. Annie sighed softly as she listened to both the owner and the young girl's side of the situation. She rubbed the bridge of her nose, before breathing out heavily. Then her gaze settled on the owner, her lips quirking a bit into a sweet smile. "Stop being such a stiff and just give her the dress for the forty dollars. Your shop won't go out of business from a measly thirty dollars. But I do know a couple of ways to how it can go out of business." Annie remarked, a flicker of coldness appeared in her eyes as she said this. She ignored the young girl's attempt to keep Annie out of the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 pm

The owner huffed, although he looked quite nervous at Annie's veiled threat and snatched Cecelia's forty dollars. He then went to get the dress for the girl, grumbling about being a bleeding heart and being ripped off. Cecelia, on her part stared up at the woman with awe and gratitude. "You didn't have to, you know, but I'm terribly glad you did" The owner handed her the dress and retreated to a different area of the store as Cecelia hugged the dress to her chest. "My dad bought me a dress just like this, but it got ruined" She whispered. "Thank you" She wasn't going to cry, not in front of a stranger, but she came close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Annie smirked lightly, pleased to see that the owner wasn't that entirely stupid after all. "Good choice," the woman murmured to herself before glancing down at the girl. "It was no trouble, really." Annie remarked, giving the girl a light smile as she hugged the dress to her chest. When the girl had explained about her father and a similar dress, Annie could swear that the girl was about to get emotional. "It was nothing." she said in a light tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Cecelia blinked away the threatening tears and composed herself. "Sorry! It's just...he...died recently and it's still hard" This woman didn't appear to be trusted by the store owner, so why should Cecelia trust her completely? For all she knew this woman had had something to do with her dad's death. As much as she didn't like her, she was going to take some of that Desiree woman's advice to heart. "I'm Cecelia, by the way. And I really am very grateful. You were really cool, standing up to him like that for me" She smiled up at Annie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:57 am

Annie grimaced slightly as the young girl told her of her father's death. She felt sympathy for the girl, but Annie had no way of to make her feel better. Especially since her parents were retired, somewhere out of Attica city. She sighed softly, mentally cursing herself for not knowing how to comfort the young. Oh well, she'll just try her best somewhat. "I'm sorry to hear that, Cecelia..." she murmured softly, lightly smiling down at the girl. "I'm Annie and it was no problem. The guy can be a stiff about prices."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:14 am

Cecelia looked down for a moment. She felt bad that she'd lied to the woman, but the cold truth was she might not be, and it hurt. Cecelia smiled at the attempts to comfort her. "It's okay, Annie. He taught me how to survive on my own" That, at least, was the truth. The girl giggled. "I could see that! I was haggling with him for a while before you showed up" She hugged the dress again, extremely grateful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Annie sighed softly under her breath, nodding her head lightly at the girl's comment. "Well it's good that he didn't leave you behind defenseless." she commented, a bit relieved that the girl's father had not left the girl defenseless in Attica city. It would've been foolish for him to have not taught her how to survive. She smirked slightly as she glanced over at the owner. "If you ever have another problem with him, just threaten him by using my name." Annie suggested, winking down at the girl playfully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cecelia Riddick

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Cecelia nodded. "He taught me how to fend for myself. There's just some things that I've never done alone before" Like haggling at a pawn shop, for instance. Cecelia giggled. "Okay, thank you Annie. I'd threaten him with my gun, but I'm pretty sure that would get the cops called on me..." She sighed and then smiled faintly. "What were you looking at, before you decided to help me?" She was just sort of curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annie Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Annie quirked an eyebrow down at the girl when she mentioned about her having a gun. That shouldn't surprise her that much due to the city that they resided in. And Annie had been training as an assassin since she was young. "Now that would've been very troublesome if you had done that." She murmured, not wanting any cops involved at this shop.

"Oh. I was just looking at some daggers, I collect them." Annie answered, glancing over at the case containing daggers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)   

Back to top Go down

Wanna buy a hat? (Annie Hughes)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1