HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Lyle pored over the newest officer's file, paying special attention to his background. He seemed promising, but Attica had destroyed many similar people over the years. Perhaps today would determine how well he would do there...if he didn't die first. Snapping the folder closed, he called for the rookie to be sent in, so that he could have a talk before assigning him to Helga. The woman was about as critical as he was, so she'd be perfect to evaluate Officer Lyles in his stead during the raid. His attention needed to be on making sure the raid went as planned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://godsandmonsters.forumotion.com
Meg Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:38 pm

(ooc omg omg I'm just going to sit here and follow this topic lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Eric took another look at his watch. It had been a little over 4 hours since he arrived in Attica City. He had been waiting for a few minutes outside of the Comissioner's office, tapping his foot. He looked up when he was called in, and stood up to fix his collar before entering the room. Walking in, he kept his eyes front and center on his new boss. "Officer Lyles reporting for duty, sir."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Lyle looked up as the rookie came in, and almost chuckled at how clean he looked. He had a eager to please feeling about him. That could go either way. At least he seemed to be disciplined enough. He'd had a few officers greet him casually over the years. They hadn't lasted. "Have a seat, Lyles." he said gesturing to the seat in front of his desk.

"I've had a look at your record. Exemplary marks and recommendations." he said, leaning back in his chair. "Tell me: why would you want to transfer to Attica?"
Back to top Go down
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Eric took a seat when told to do so. He couldn’t help but feel a little anxious. He had heard rumors about this city and the police but didn’t know how true they were. Not letting this show, he kept the same face he had always been instructed to make when talking to authority.

"Thank you," he replied. "And if I could be honest, it wasn't much of a choice. It was more of an opportunity that was given to me and I accepted, to honor the badge, sir." Maybe that sounded a little corny, he thought to himself. Eric was taking risks in this city and playing things by ear so far.. but it hadn't done him much good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:24 pm

"Honor the badge, huh?" Lyle echoed, tapping his chin. "Not many people think like that anymore." He leaned on the edge of his desk, hands clasped. Eric had a neutral expression, one Lyle recognized and often wore himself when he'd been on the other side of the desk as a younger man. That seemed like forever ago now.

"That's something this city is in desperate need of." Lyle said, "Many officers here, I regret to acknowledge, do as much as their duty calls for and rush to clock out and forget everything in a bottle of whiskey." Not that he could blame them. There were times when he felt like theirs was an impossible task as well.

"Today you will be hitting the ground running, I'm afraid. I need all hands on deck. We will be raiding an establishment known as the Tip Top Club, which my informants have identified as a producer of a powerful new drug called TTX."
Back to top Go down
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Eric wasn’t sure exactly how his answers were being taken by Roarke so he felt some slight concern when he saw him lean over. He listened to everything he said and took it all in.
He let his expression show some surprise as he was told there would be a raid that very night. That was fast. It's a good thing I ate, he thought jokingly. His speech had slowed down because his words were coming out faster than his thoughts. “I understand, sir. The only thing is that I'm not too familiar with protocol or the city... But I'll try."  If he thought about it, he didn't even know who the other officers were besides the few workers he saw while working in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:03 pm

"That's why I'm pairing you up with Detective Sinclair. Been with the force a long time and hasn't failed me yet. Won't fail you either. Now, if you'll follow me, I'll introduce you two. It's about time to get everyone together." Lyle said, standing up. He opened the door and walked out, assuming Eric would be right behind him. He made his way through the busy throng of the department to Helga's desk, where she was hunched over reports. At their approach, she stood.

"Yes, sir?" she said, clasping her hands behind her back as she glanced over at Eric.

"Sinclair, you'll be working with Officer Lyles here today during the raid." Lyle announced, "I expect you to show him the ropes and keep from ending up in a pine box."

Helga blinked in surprise, but said, "Uh, yes, sir."
Back to top Go down
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Eric followed Roarke and his thoughts were racing the entire time. He had only done one raid before and it was a bloody day. The thought of harming a civillian or another cop in the confusion haunted him, and he tried not to think about it. He didn't even realize Roarke had stopped when they arrived at a woman's desk. He stopped in his tracks before the woman looked up.

She looked very capable. He was relieved a little bit, but also knew that if he was being watched, that would be putting more pressure to not screw anything up. Eric took a step forward to shake her hand. Offering his hand out, he gave a small smile. "I look forward to working with you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Helga looked down at his hand, and up at his face, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She took his offered hand and shook it, replying politely, "As do I, officer." Lyle knew she would do her utter best to carry out his wishes as she'd done since starting there.

"Right!" Lyle said, clapping his hands together. "You two get ready. I'll call the meeting soon to discuss how things are gonna go down. " With that he left them together, Helga studying Eric curiously.
Back to top Go down
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Down at heart Eric was always an optimist, so he had relaxed and reassured himself everything would go fine. He watched Roarke leave before looking back to Helga. She was already looking at him. Keeping his friendly smile, he looked her in the eyes. "Uh," He cleared his throat. "So have you ever done a raid before?"

Cop small talk, he thought. It was the weirdest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:04 pm

"I've had my share." Helga said, crossing her arms as she leaned on the edge of her desk. He seemed friendly enough, but nervous too. It was either her or the impending raid. Maybe both. Managed to look her in the eyes when they were talking though. "How many have you had?" She hoped that he'd had at least one. She didn't want a total newbie on her hands or her job was that much harder.
Back to top Go down
Eric Lyles

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Did that mean raids were pretty frequent in this city? Eric wondered about that but didn't really want to know the answer right now. "Just one," he admitted. "It was a park raid in broad daylight. It got bloody quickly." He said, thinking about it. It wasn't just one. Quantity meant nothing over the content, he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyle Roarke
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:30 pm

"That's usually how they end up." Helga remarked. Her first raid had been especially gruesome--a human trafficking operation down at the docks. She still had nightmares about it. "But here it's mostly those who think nothing bad will happen to them if they resist arrest."

"Anyways, let's get you set up and everything. Just follow my lead and you'll survive the night." She said, moving off her desk.

(See you at the Tip Top. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]   

Back to top Go down

Rookies and Raids [TAG: Eric]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1