The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:11 am

The scent of baking bread hung intoxicating in the air, accompanied by whiffs of cinnamon and ginger and sugar browning in the oven. Lena stared longingly at the display in the bakers window, her nose pressed against the glass, and every time she breathed in her stomach seemed to growl even louder.

She glanced up, just in time to see the baker careening around his counter, rolling pin in hand, towards the door. Lena used both hands to push herself away from the glass, and dashed a little ways down the street, far enough that the Baker wouldn't bother with her. She wondered if, perhaps he was still throwing leftovers away behind the next alley.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Holli slowly walked down the sidewalk glancing at the people around her. She would occasionally wink at a certain passerby that would delight her eye but she would never actually engage in conversation with them. Eventually, Holli stopped by a light post and leaning against it, she lit a cigarette.

Holli noticed a young girl looking inside the window of a bakery. The young woman was gorgeous and looked as naive as one could. Holli felt almost sympathetic for her. What would a girl like her be doing on the streets of a city like this.

"Lost, Baby doll?" she asked the girl, taking a drag of her cigarette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:44 am

"Oh, um, not so much lost." Lena rambled, turning to the leggy leggy blonde who had addressed her. "More thinking, actually, wondering, in fact." She cleared her throat and offered her hand. "I'm Lena."

With her other hand, she gripped her skirt, swinging it slightly behind her, in an attempt to hide the dirt and grime accumulated from her weeks sleeping rough. Her ratty red hair and threadbare shoes were a far cry from the beauty in white before her, all pouting lips and sultry eyes, a cigarette in her perfectly manicured fingers, and she was so clean, oh Lena missed being clean. The dust and dirt of farm life was nothing compared the slime clinging to city walls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Holli would've taken notice to how filthy the girl was, but her beauty was more noticeable. She lightly shook her hand and smiled. "Pleasure. My name is Holli."

Holli blew smoke in the other direction and looked back at Lena. "Now tell me, what is a beautiful girl like you doing on the streets?" Holli said warmly. There was no hiding it; she was obviously homeless. Holli felt her heartstrings tug towards the girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:53 pm

(Ooc: on mobile so forgive the lack of bbcode and potential autocorrects)

"Beautiful?" Lena repeated puzzling, her eyes wide and head tilting to the side "well, thank you, its quite a compliment coming from someone so lovely." She smiled charmingly and mused over her answer.

"Honestly," she said nonchalantly, as she had grown strangely used to the fact that she was homeless by now, "I was wondering if that baker still throws out his leftover stock in the back street at the end of the day, though he'd rather I didn't admire his workmanship from the shop front."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:49 pm

(OOC: It's okay, I don't mind ^^)

Holli's eyes fell to the ground. "You don't deserve to be scavenging for scraps, sugar." Holli walked closer to the woman and took a strand of her golden red hair. "Why don't you let me clean you up? You could take a nice hot bath and I could give you fresh clothes."

Holli sighed and let the girl's hair fall. She realized how intimidating she could seem towards the girl, but she knew that Lena deserved at least some kindness- or at least an offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:00 pm

She gave an involantary shiver as Holli played with a strand of her hair, the contrast made her feel even more dirty. She listened to the offer in silent glee. A bath! Oh glorious heaven, a bath! Lena's skin ached for hot water to replace icy rain.

"I suppose that depends" she said, trying not to be seduced by basic necessities, "what would I be giving in exchange?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Holli raised her eyebrows at the girls comment. "Oh darling, I wish for nothing in return." She said, placing her hand softly on the girl's chin. "When I was your age, I wish someone had took care of me and gave me a safe place to be. I'm just trying to do what I feel is right."

Holli laughed and crossed her arms. "You are such a sweet heart, you know that? How old are you darling? You couldn't be a day over sixteen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:24 am

Lena regarded Holli a moment, she seemed honest enough, and Lena didn't think there was really anything she could have given in return anyway.

"Yes, I'm sixteen." Lena said, wondering if it was really such an obvious thing. "Though my mother always told me it was rude to ask a woman's age, young or not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Holli laughed and gave a soft smile towards the girl. "Oh sweet heart, you sure do mind your manners, don't you?" She placed her hands on her hips and sighed. "Darling, I'm almost old enough to be your daughter if that constitutes toward anything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 pm

"Oh" Lena said, her eyebrows squishing together in slight confusion "I doubt that is that case, my mother had 4 boys before me so she's actually quite a bit old." Just then, a child went by riding a bicycle far to fast, and went straight through a deep puddle that had yet to dry in the sun. The muddy water splattered over Lena's legs and dress and she glared at the boys retreating back as he weaved through people. "You were saying about a bath? " she asked Holli hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Holli groaned in sympathy. "Of course, I couldn't leave you out here like this!" Holli took the girl's hand and began to walk in the other direction. "My car is this way, sweet heart." She said cheerfully.

They walked a block or so until they reached Holli's silver convertible. She took out her keys and unlocked the door of the car. "Coming?" She asked Lena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Lena's eyes widened at the sight of the car and she did a little hop in glee "Gladly!" she exclaimed, putting both hands on the side and launching herself into the passenger's seat gracefully. "I always wanted to do that, its like an old movie" she said with a giggle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Holli let out a soft laugh and smiled at the girl. "My apartment is just a couple miles down the road and you'll be out of those wet clothes and into some clean ones in no time."

She backed out of the parking spot and drove off down the road, Lena smiling gleefully beside her. Holli wondered so many things about the girl- where her family was, what she had been doing to keep herself alive. Lena reminded her of herself when she was a teenager in some ways, excited and ignorant of the world, yet eager to learn. She liked that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lena Thumbe

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 am

(OOC: I suppose we can consider this closed now til we have Hollis apartment set up? Smile )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]   

Back to top Go down

Not Quite A Bakers Dozen [Holli Would]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gods & Monsters :: Downtown :: The Alley-
Jump to: