Gods & Monsters

The Gods and Monsters Roleplay

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holli Would

PostSubject: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Holli leaned back in her chair and lit a cigarette. She watched the people talking and sitting around the club, that was her favorite past time. One of the many perks of working at a strip club was being able to watch all the people there without being noticed.

Holli would analyze each person individually and would often make up some story about their life as if she had a clue.

Holli turned her head and saw an attractive young woman with piercing white hair and bright blue eyes. She lifted up her head at the woman. She was wearing similar attire to Holli so she obviously worked at the same place she did.

"Darling," Holli called nonchalantly. The woman turned her head and made eye contact with her. Holli smiled and motioned her over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Kida stares at the blonde a moment, She looks back towards the dressing room. That's where she was headed, before she turns to the woman and approaches her. Kida rolled her shoulder which slightly ached.

"Yo." She retorts, looking down at the woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Holli smiled at the woman's choice of greeting, she liked the almost innocence in the woman's voice. "I don't believe we've met.." she whispered, taking another drag from her cigarette. "What's your name, sweetheart?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Kida extends a hand, "Probably not, I like to get in and get out." So she could go stand on the corner. Of which she hated doing. "Desiree." Kida did despise saying her name, because her accent jumped out at who she was talking to. "You are?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Holli gave a soft giggle and shook the woman's hand. "Beautiful name, Desiree." Holli replied, placing the cigarette in her mouth once more before sticking it into the ash tray.

"Oh you must be new here? Or maybe we've just never crossed paths. My name is Holli, I've worked here for almost ten years now." She said, leaning back into her chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm

"Oh." Kida nods, her eyes meeting Holli's. "I've only been here about...seven. Maybe. I don't know it all blends together, the years. One after another doing the same thing over and over again." Kida rolls her eyes. "I only work nights and early mornings. From about eleven to four."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Holli raised her eyebrows at the woman. "So you aren't the novice are you, baby doll?" She said, letting out a laugh. "That's probably why I don't see you, I work early evenings but normally just handle the logistics back stage. I don't do too much of the show these days."

Feeling bored once more, Holli reached for another cigarette. "Want one?" she asked, offering a light to the woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:35 pm

"I don't smoke cigarettes. I like the stronger stuff." Kida runs a hand through her hair. "Logistics huh? I just get dressed for whtever theme we've been told and go out, I dance, I entertain I leave." Kida shrugs, "In and out. With everything." Kida explains. But drugs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:08 pm

"Huh," Holli replied, shrugging her shoulder. She placed the cigarette back in its box and lit her own. "Yeah, it used to be like that for me for awhile too. But you'd be surprised about the amount of business and attention is required behind the stage." Holli shook her head and sighed.

She looked around the club and turned back to Desiree. "Slow night," she added, before tapping the ashes off her cigarette.

"You got a family, Desiree?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Kida's eyes widen at the question, "Uh no. Not here." Not a complete lie. "I'm an only child so all I have are my parents anyways. It's just me in this god forsaken city." Kida says to her. "Sorry I'm not very entertaining." Kida apologizes, lifting a shoulder. She gives out a yawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Holli gave the woman a smile. "You're more entertaining then anything in this hell hole," she said with a laugh. "But hey I'm with you darlin', I've got no one here."

She flicked the cigarette in her fingers and kept quiet for a few seconds. "Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you never began to work here?" She asked seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 pm

"Utterly pennyless." Kida jokes, with an unexpressive look. "This place has got nothing to do with it, actually, it's probably not as bad as I make it out to be. I guess maybe I'm just...sensitive." Kida suggests, throwing her hands up. "But I can't help that much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Holli sighed and looked at the ceiling. "You know, when I was young I told my mother I would make it big, that I would be the best of the best." She said, letting out a short laugh. "You should've seen her face when I told her I was going into the business of exotic dancing. 'You have your whole life ahead of you, Holli' and 'Your body's a temple' my mom would say." She bit her lip and cracked a smile.

"But you know, this is a part of me now. I couldn't imagine life without this place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:23 pm

"You sound pretty attached. Me on the other hand, it's suck to leave everyone here. But actually leaving, nah, I wouldn't feel too bad. The only thing good about it is that it pays well." Kida shrugs, "It's good you're someplace you love."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Holli felt almost sympathetic towards the woman. "You have to make your own happiness, it's a mere choice, sweet heart." She meant that in the most un-condescending way. She wasn't trying to seem better than the other woman, just trying to get her point across. Holli realized how it sounded and quickly tried to recover herself.

"What I mean," she said, exhaling sharply. "Is that life isn't perfect and sometimes you have to chose whether to be happy or sad. And I chose happy. I may not love this place but I do make it a goal to not sulk in sadness over what my life has come to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:57 am

The right side of Kida's mouth rises for just a moment before she breaks eye contact with the woman to look down at the pumps she wore. "That's great advice, Holli... but I suppose I'm a realist. And I don't tend to think in the most positive way sometimes. Like right now. But if it doesn't make me seem any more crabby than I already am; I'm always saying, 'It's whatever.' Because to me, it really is. It's just whatever. Nothing I can do about it now, I have no high school diploma and when I came to America I spoke no English-it's just...hard...to smile; for me." Kida explains, playing with her hands as she spoke. "But it's also easy for me to joke as if my life isn't shit. Outside of work, I'm a bit more...kindly. If you will, if I'm not now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:46 am

Holli warmed up to the younger woman. "I think you are just as sweet as you can be," Holli said, playing with a strand of the woman's hair. "I think you are too hard on yourself. I can see where you are coming from, my parents were always realist thinkers. I just don't want you thinking that you are lower than any other scumbag in this place. I think you have real potential, Desiree."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 pm

"Thank you." Kida says in a lighter tone. "I'm glad you think so." Kida stretches her arms and yawns, "I suppose you're right. I shouldn't be so hard on myself I guess. But if I'm not who will be you know? I hope I can be like you someday, completely content with my life despite my line of work."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Holli moved a bit closer to the woman. She felt so comfortable talking to her, like she's known her for years. "You are sweet to say that, sugar." She replied, almost in a whisper. But her smile eventually faded as she had to face reality on what her life was really like.

Holli glanced up at the clock on the wall and flipped her hair behind her back. "Good thing it's a slow night tonight," she added, looking back at the woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida Desiree

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:36 pm

"I love slow nights," Kida sighs quietly. "I don't have to dance for awhile...or stand in these shoes." She adds. Kida runs a hand through her hair, "What I wouldn't give for my own house, stocked with food and heat and cable...maybe even internet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holli Would

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I didn't know you already replied ^^)

Holli gave the woman a smile. "Well you know you are always welcome to stay at my place if you ever need a place to crash." Holli said warmly.

She yawned and leaned back in her chair. She stole a glance at her clock and sighed realizing she still had three hours left in her shift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}   

Back to top Go down

I think we're like the wind and sea {TAG: Kida}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1